Nebraska
✟16,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I'm feeling this out. I wanna see how active this community is and have real conversations. I was raised Catholic by a agnostic father and a Lutheran mother. My grandparents are Protestant and Catholic. My only sibling is my Lutheran brother. I studied theology roughly 12 or 13 years and considered entering vocational service.

My own philosophy differs, but I would argue mirrors, Buddhist Catholicism. I've been more attracted back to the Catholic church, but my last three attempts, I was all but turned away. I'd love to engage in healthy discourse about it.

Most people call me Nom, btw (even in person, oddly). But call me whatever feels right to you.

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Manus.sinista.dei

Jul 11, 2020
Nebraska
✟16,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I'm learning this format for this forum as we speak, but to colorsblend, it is my normal. I spent years volunteering in the church. Suddenly I'm refused Eucharist without confessing my sins. That's cultist stuff. My relationship with god is my spirit, my father, and my will. The dogma hurts.

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'm learning this format for this forum as we speak, but to colorsblend, it is my normal. I spent years volunteering in the church. Suddenly I'm refused Eucharist without confessing my sins. That's cultist stuff. My relationship with god is my spirit, my father, and my will. The dogma hurts.
You could do like Nancy Pelosi does and find a priest to give you communion without confessing anything. Or you could confess your sins and then receive communion worthily. It's not that hard to do honestly.

Upvote 0

Manus.sinista.dei

Jul 11, 2020
Nebraska
✟16,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
You could do like Nancy Pelosi does and find a priest to give you communion without confessing anything. Or you could confess your sins and then receive communion worthily. It's not that hard to do honestly.
It is hard. If youve lived you'd know. I don't trust a local with my secrets, man of the cloth or not.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

revybub

Just here to grow, learn, give council, love God
Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2020
Michigan
✟200,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Much love, my friend.
How's tonight going? Is this a open sorta random discussion or are we having a certain subject being talked about. Im just looking for some late night chatting. I made a post. But didn't get any replies on it. lol

Upvote 0

Manus.sinista.dei

Jul 11, 2020
Nebraska
✟16,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
How's tonight going? Is this a open sorta random discussion or are we having a certain subject being talked about. Im just looking for some late night chatting. I made a post. But didn't get any replies on it. lol
Like I said I'm still learning the site. I can tell I'll be contentious here, but my mind is open and I love discussion. I habe trouble navigating this place. I have no topic in mind but I'd be happy to discuss any topic you please.

I really don't want to be a bother here, but by the initial responses, maybe I'll fit in fine. What's weighing on you? I'm bored and would love a chat. I can field a topic if you're at a loss (not being insulting) for a laugh.

ETA: I'm doing great! Thanks for asking! I hope you're well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

revybub

Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2020
Michigan
✟200,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Like I said I'm still learning the site. I can tell I'll be contentious here, but my mind is open and I love discussion. I habe trouble navigating this place. I have no topic in mind but I'd be happy to discuss any topic you please.

I really don't want to be a bother here, but by the initial responses, maybe I'll fit in fine. What's weighing on you? I'm bored and would love a chat. I can field a topic if you're at a loss (not being insulting) for a laugh.
Understandable. I just came back to this site. I haven't been on it in years. I first joined it back in 2004 or so. It is very different then it was then.

Upvote 0

Manus.sinista.dei

Jul 11, 2020
Nebraska
✟16,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Understandable. I just came back to this site. I haven't been on it in years. I first joined it back in 2004 or so. It is very different then it was then.
Oh crazy. I frequented a site since 2016 but it's going belly up. It always feels weird to return somewhere. I guess we both feel new here.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

revybub

Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2020
Michigan
✟200,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh crazy. I frequented a site since 2016 but it's going belly up. It always feels weird to return somewhere. I guess we both feel new here.
Ya I really do. Like I don't even know if the people I use to be friends with are on here anymore. lol Also I don't even have that account anymore either.

Upvote 0

revybub

Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2020
Michigan
✟200,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wish they had a phone app for this site. But maybe that isn't in the cards for them

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Manus.sinista.dei

Jul 11, 2020
Nebraska
✟16,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I wish they had a phone app for this site. But maybe that isn't in the cards for them
I just hope I can get good discussions with folks. I recently had a stalemate kind of thing on a different forum, but thats okay. It happens.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

revybub

Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2020
Michigan
✟200,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Alright, I'll start. Are you Christian and do you believe in certain dogmatic beliefs? Like denominational beliefs? Or are you in some different category?
Well I grew up in a rather religious church when I was younger. I left it in my mid teens. Then I was invited to the church I am sorta apart of now. Which I actually work at 3rd shift as a custodian. It is more or less a non denomination. I don't necessarily agree with everything they preach. But it is good to be apart of a group of believers. I have realized in life that you are never going to fully agree with a certain christian church denomination. I don't really go to services much often though. Usually just watch a stream if I do. Really I don't know if I really fit a category per say. I just believe in having a relationship with God that I try my best to have. I am not perfect and know I can't really be.

Upvote 0

Manus.sinista.dei

Jul 11, 2020
Nebraska
✟16,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I agree with this so much. I'm a religious mutt, and I just want people to be happy. I grew up with the church, but being in a family with conflicting beliefs is odd. It's important to just believe. Dogma aside. Thanks for the refreshing reply.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.