Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Lack of commitment.

Love is a choice.
You wake up every day and choose to be married to your spouse.
It is generally something we give no thought to at all.
It is a covenant bond.
If you ever start to doubt it; look at why you made the choice to be with them for better or for worse in the first place.

People don't just happen to stay married. They choose it.

Upvote 0

Audiomechanic

^ My Name | v Things I say
Dec 16, 2005
Katy, TX
✟10,234.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
People don't just happen to stay married. They choose it.

This.

My wife and I have gone through several things in the past 4.5 years that would have made many, perhaps even most, couples call it quits. Speaking for me, I didn't stay married to my wife because I love her (i.e. fuzzy feelings, emotions, chic flick), I stayed married to her because I chose to love her. Big difference.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
There are many reasons for Divorce. Some are as
1. Cheating your partner
2. Lack of Communication
3. Lack of Money
4. Inequality between men and women
Hmmm. A two year old thread about divorce resurrected by a self proclaimed divorce attorney. :doh:

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2013
✟7,880.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I heard money is the biggest reason for divorce.

My first marriage ended for a collection of reasons. I didn't trust her, she was abusive, manipulative, she pretended to be a different person when we dated so when we got married I didn't really know her, she was crazy, I didn't love her, I didn't respect her. Those reasons and more led to me leaving and getting a divorce.

Upvote 0

ex-pat

Building my house...
Jun 30, 2011
Canada
✟16,064.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think (and I'm blessed to be happily married to a WONDERFUL Christian man) that the problems I see with many couples are boil down to a sense of entitlement. Over and over I hear people saying "Well, I got gypped" or "I DESERVE better" or "My mother wouldn't have wanted me to have to work" or...or...or...

Rather than thanking God for a husband or wife, too many people think they are "entitled" to something more than they have. They don't feel they need to work to improve communication, or even that they are being unjust. One I know screaming about being entitled said of the spouse "My spouse is bi-polar, does not hold a lucrative job, and cannot read well in two of my spouse's original three languages." The person then admitted that all this was true, and known to be true, before they married ten years ago...but somehow is ENTITLED to more. The other spouse works twenty hours a week, does all the shopping, cooking and cleaning, and the vast majority of the child care. In return, this spouse hears the other nag, complain, and bad-mouth this spouse for not caring enough to make it so that the other has the things they feel ENTITLED to. This despite the fact that the spouse working part time contributes to the household over $30,000 a year (including saving the cost of two children in day care), and they have substantial savings. The complaining spouse never has to lift a finger in the house, yet nags to the point of whining about getting a divorce so as not to have the entire burden on that spouse's shoulders. Entitlement, 101. (And how that person thinks he/she will manage completely alone doing all the work, with a reduced income and child care costs, plus all the shopping, cooking and cleaning, I simply do not know, nor can I understand how such would be less of a burden.)

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
^that is a very good point^

You meet someone who says they can do better. Or you meet someone who says you can do better then them. Its a double edged sword lol. Alot of people leave their spouse if they become disabled because its to much for them. They forget that their vows say in sickness and in health. It says this because what we want in our future of our marriage doesn't mean it will happen.

My wife is happy with who I am now. She said she doesn't care if the future is better or worse. Shes mine forever. Marriage overall is a complex thing because everyone has different views on what is acceptable, what is not, when you should leave, when you should stay and all that.

Upvote 0