• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

What's the Point of Being Saved if I'm Already Tainted

brandynicole

Jul 3, 2017
Florida
✟27,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can't do this anymore. My sins are so bad. God can't love me if I have commited so much sin.

I have confessed and repented. I don't want to sin anymore, but the shame of my past is so strong.

It's as if I'm wasting God's time! This is too much to bear. I hate my body and the things I've done to it. And I hate myself for all my bad decisions. No one forced me to do anything.

I'm too bad for God to save.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus gave His body on the cross, with hope for you.

And Jesus resurrected still had those wounds, but they did not have power to effect and hurt Jesus. So, with Jesus we have this resurrection power to keep our past from hurting us.

Upvote 0

brandynicole

Jul 3, 2017
Florida
✟27,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus gave His body on the cross, with hope for you.

And Jesus resurrected still had those wounds, but they did not have power to effect and hurt Jesus. So, with Jesus we have this resurrection power to keep our past from hurting us.

But I still feel the pain. Am I not saved then? I can’t hear the voice of God either. It’s like He is blocking my prayers.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But I still feel the pain. Am I not saved then?
I have gotten into suffering inside myself, and then I have been concerned about if I really am a Christian. What has helped me is I be still and know God is God, and trust Him to do what He wants with me. And I kind of had to do this all day, yesterday . . . or pretty much all day. But with loving, if I remember correctly, I got blessed out of that. And today I woke up much more ready for trusting and submitting to God and loving any and all people. And today was when my lady friend was ready to talk on the phone with me . . . while we are each in separate areas during this coronavirus thing.

I can’t hear the voice of God either.
All right > so you do understand that we trust that we can hear God's voice. And Jesus does say His sheep hear His voice. So, it is good we know this, even if we might not be so sure we really are doing this.

I think of this > the voice of a person is not the words someone says. Two very different people can say the exact same words to you. Each might say, "I love you." But because you know the difference between the people and their voices, what each one says can mean a very different thing to you. The con artist saying it has a different voice and meaning to you, than the one you know loves you and always has been there for you.

And we have 1 Peter 3:4 >

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

Consider and trust God, about how we can become, by having "a gentle and quiet spirit" which is "incorruptible" in its "beauty". Jesus says He is "gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (in Matthew 11:28-30) I see a connection, here, how by being gentle and quiet we can be sharing with Jesus who is gentle and humble.

I see that this means God is quiet . . . never silent . . . but we can be the ones who are being unquiet so we do not hear His gentle and quiet voice of His love. There are things, then, to reject, which are not quiet and not love >

arguing and complaining > Philippians 2:13-16 < read and feed on this, please.

unforgiveness > Mark 11:25.

anger and wrath > we need to be "swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God." (in James 1:19-20)

worry > Philippians 4:6-7.

fear > 1 John 4:18.

Possibly, right now, it can be good to read the above scriptures and offer your reading to God. Offer, I would say . . .

It’s like He is blocking my prayers.
I offer that God is not blocking our prayer for you. And, better than this, our Apostle Paul says >

"Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us." (Romans 8:34)

So, of course, you might have question about if our prayers are being heard. Well, Jesus plainly tells us to love and pray for people, right? So, even if we ourselves might feel we are not important enough or right enough to have God hear our prayer for you, we have Jesus praying for us, and His prayer for us can result in our prayer amounting to good for you and others.

Upvote 0

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't do this anymore. My sins are so bad. God can't love me if I have commited so much sin. I have confessed and repented. I don't want to sin anymore, but the shame of my past is so strong. It's as if I'm wasting God's time! This is too much to bear. I hate my body and the things I've done to it. And I hate myself for all my bad decisions. No one forced me to do anything. I'm too bad for God to save.

I used to hate myself and my body for shameful acts I committed against it; I also struggled with habitual sexual sin. These issues plagued my Christian walk for quite a number of years but I gradually found freedom and have resolved these problems. What started it was recognizing that sexual fantasy and the acts that accompany it are rooted in idolatry - not only of the object(s) of lust but also my own self. Recognizing this and confessing this idolatry as sin while rooted in God's love and forgiveness opened the door to resolution.

I advise that you spend real study time in scripture to understand the nature and character of God which includes His unconditional love towards believers. This comprehension will lay the groundwork for you to deal with your specific issues, whatever they may be, as you will be able to live in the liberty of God's forgiveness. I recommend a good study Bible as it can open your eyes to a deeper understanding of the Lord. Here's one I like - NAS Zondervan Study Bible, Bonded leather, Black

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But I'm so impure and ruined. God is going to punish me for what I've done.

Every time I try to pray He reminds me of how impure I am. I'm just not good enough.
NO that is NOT GOD reminding you of your past. If you have truly decided to follow Christ and confessed your sins to him, they are GONE for good. Only the devil drags that stuff up, and his reasons are to discourage you and make you give up.

Once you are washed in the Blood of Jesus you are COMPLETELY pure.

Upvote 0

brandynicole

Jul 3, 2017
Florida
✟27,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
NO that is NOT GOD reminding you of your past. If you have truly decided to follow Christ and confessed your sins to him, they are GONE for good. Only the devil drags that stuff up, and his reasons are to discourage you and make you give up.

Once you are washed in the Blood of Jesus you are COMPLETELY pure.

But Scripture says "the sexually immoral....shall not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven" in 1 Cor 6:9.

Sexually immoral women are referred to as "harlots" and "prostitutes" in the Bible even long after those acts were done. There's no changing the label I have to bear. God's Kingdom is full of pure and righteous people. So, I'm not even sure that I'm saved

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But Scripture says "the sexually immoral....shall not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven" in 1 Cor 6:9.

Sexually immoral women are referred to as "harlots" and "prostitutes" in the Bible even long after those acts were done. There's no changing the label I have to bear. God's Kingdom is full of pure and righteous people. So, I'm not even sure that I'm saved
You are forgetting repentance. Once you repent you are no longer a harlot or immoral.

1 Kings 8:46 “When they sin against You (for there is no man who does not sin) and You are angry with them and deliver them to an enemy, so that they take them away captive to the land of the enemy, far off or near; 47 if they take thought in the land where they have been taken captive, and repent and make supplication to You in the land of those who have taken them captive, saying, ‘We have sinned and have committed iniquity, we have acted wickedly’; 48 if they return to You with all their heart and with all their soul in the land of their enemies who have taken them captive, and pray to You toward their land which You have given to their fathers, the city which You have chosen, and the house which I have built for Your name; 49 then hear their prayer and their supplication in heaven Your dwelling place, and maintain their cause, 50 and forgive Your people who have sinned against You and all their transgressions which they have transgressed against You, and make them objects of compassion before those who have taken them captive, that they may have compassion on them 51 (for they are Your people and Your inheritance which You have brought forth from Egypt, from the midst of the iron furnace), 52 that Your eyes may be open to the supplication of Your servant and to the supplication of Your people Israel, to listen to them whenever they call to You. 53 For You have separated them from all the peoples of the earth as Your inheritance, as You spoke through Moses Your servant, when You brought our fathers forth from Egypt, O Lord God.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
These awful feelings I'm having are just God reigning down judgement on me. I have to suffer until He is satisfied with me.

We are be-ing saved. Emotions are emotions. If God needs to judge you He'll let you know, other than through any emotions (have seen this in freinds and was there in a lesser degree myself). All of us are churned up about our survival anyway.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I can't do this anymore. My sins are so bad. God can't love me if I have commited so much sin.

I have confessed and repented. I don't want to sin anymore, but the shame of my past is so strong.

It's as if I'm wasting God's time! This is too much to bear. I hate my body and the things I've done to it. And I hate myself for all my bad decisions. No one forced me to do anything.

That's why Jesus died, because we need salvation. A lifeguard wouldn't exist if no one was ever in danger, and he wouldn't throw a lifeguard or give special attention to someone already on shore. We all need it that badly.

The love he have for us is such like The Prodigal Son, where despite how far we gone, once we come back to him its a celebration. That despite how you feel about yourself, God value you and loves your company. A sincere heart in prayer is sweet fragrance to God, He delights in us just as much as we delight in Him.

And that you're not the only one, but all of us need it, that means all of us feel shame of the past like you do, and it is a part of the human nature. But remind yourself through scripture how much God have shown love to people throughout the Bible, and how much he loves us, His children, as well, and how much He will continue to do so as we stay by His side.

Upvote 0

brandynicole

Jul 3, 2017
Florida
✟27,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's why Jesus died, because we need salvation. A lifeguard wouldn't exist if no one was ever in danger, and he wouldn't throw a lifeguard or give special attention to someone already on shore. We all need it that badly.

The love he have for us is such like The Prodigal Son, where despite how far we gone, once we come back to him its a celebration. That despite how you feel about yourself, God value you and loves your company. A sincere heart in prayer is sweet fragrance to God, He delights in us just as much as we delight in Him.

And that you're not the only one, but all of us need it, that means all of us feel shame of the past like you do, and it is a part of the human nature. But remind yourself through scripture how much God have shown love to people throughout the Bible, and how much he loves us, His children, as well, and how much He will continue to do so as we stay by His side.

It's just that these thoughts are like torment. They are constantly attacking me, accusing me. It feels like I'm in a never-ending panic, always afraid. I did terrible things. How can God still love me but allow me to feel this way?

I've been baptized. I plead the blood of Jesus almost every day. I just can't stop it. I'm always afraid of doing anything wrong. I don't think I'm cut out for this.

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's just that these thoughts are like torment. They are constantly attacking me, accusing me. It feels like I'm in a never-ending panic, always afraid. I did terrible things. How can God still love me but allow me to feel this way?

I've been baptized. I plead the blood of Jesus almost every day. I just can't stop it. I'm always afraid of doing anything wrong. I don't think I'm cut out for this.
See a doctor. Nobody’s sins or what they’ve done in the past is so big that the blood of Christ cannot cover and forgive. Your brain is in self-induced misery. It really has nothing to do with God punishing you. You are punishing yourself. If you have trauma, or PTSD you must seek help to deal with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brother_Kane

Jul 18, 2020
Laurel
✟17,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I know you've said all this a little while ago, but I still wanted to say I love you. I may not have anywhere near an understanding of the Word of God as those other folk but I know that you can be forgiven. All sin is sin. Your sin isn't worse than my sin and neither is my sin worse than yours. If we sin just once we fall short of the Kingdom of God. If anything that just proves that God must really love us if He sent His Son to save us! So to wrap it up. I love you and I pray that you'll understand if you haven't already and I would love you as a sister in Christ.

Upvote 0