What's the difference between the Bema Judgement and the Great White Throne Judgement?

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟919,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
There are many that believe there are varying levels or degrees of torment in hell/lake of fire. We are not clearly given those details in the bible.

I see. Interesting. I would think that there would be because otherwise why judge someone based on their works? Couldn't you just judge someone guilty for not accepting the gift of salvation and then send them to hell? See what I'm saying? There has to be varying levels of punishment just like there are varying levels of rewards from God.

Upvote 0

FatalHeart

Wisdom's Associate
Jan 23, 2013
The pulsating core of the interwebs
✟20,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What are the main differences between the Bema Seat judgement and the Great White Throne Judgement? Won't we be judged by our works during both judgments? I guess one of the main differences is one judgement is for the saved while the other will be for the lost. Will we also as Christians have to accept the consequences of our actions for like say for example swearing and idle talk like it says in Matthew 12:36? Or is that only for the Great White Throne Judgement? Will there be varying degrees of punishment for the Great White Throne judgement? Otherwise why be judged for every idle word you speak? You're going to the Lake of Fire anyway might as well do as much sin as you possibly can. See what I'm saying? What are the main differences between both judgments?

I think if you just read Revelations straight and some other verses in the Bible about fearing the judgment written by the prophets and apostles, you may find that there is first a judgment of all actions for everyone with punishment and reward, and then the book of life is opened and heaven is given to those whose names are written there, while the second death is given to those whose names are not there.

Upvote 0

SaintCody777

The young, curious Berean
Jan 11, 2018
Miami, Florida
✟53,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
So pretty much at the end, when everyone is resurrected, everyone goes to Jesus to be judged as sheeps or goats. The sheeps, everyone who has genuine, regenerative faith in Christ, will go the Bema Seat to be rewarded to for their works. While unbelievers and hypocrites will be guided as goats to the Great White Throne to be judged for their sins and thrown into hell.

Upvote 0

Resha Caner

Expert Fool
Sep 16, 2010
✟155,600.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Martin Luther did say, SIN BOLDLY.

He did say that.

In other words, as long as you know you aren't saved, live it up. However, as soon as you know the forgiveness of Christ, it ought to change your life.

But this is not at all what it means.

It is wise not to post, that somebody said something unless you can give the source.

It is good advice to not pass along what you learned from second-hand, casual comments. But if it inspires some curiosity and research, maybe some good will come from it.

- - -

If anyone is interested, the phrase "sin boldly" addresses 2 problems. First, those who become so obsessed with what's right and wrong (or which judgment seat is which) that they lose the forest for the trees, i.e. that they lose Christ because they're obsessed with other things.

Luther was advising not to let that happen. Never lose sight of Christ.

Second, he was talking to those who become paralyzed with the fear of sin. They're so afraid of sinning that they don't do anything. They become like the man who buried his 1 talent and yielded no return (Matt 25:14ff). You're going to sin. It's gonna happen. But don't let that stop you from being a witness for the Gospel. Sin boldly!

Once understood, it's a tongue in cheek way of saying, "Live boldly for Christ!"

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Actually there are multiple judgements listed in the Bible. But I'm referring to the judgement of believers and unbelievers.
Think of it like this:
The unsaved are held in a jail(opposite Abraham's bosom), kind of like what happens to an individual after committing a crime, and remain there until they are convicted and sentenced. Being that they did not accept Christ, they are held accountable for all of their sins. At the Great White Throne judgment, all of these individuals are found guilty and face eternal separation from God. The severity of the punishment for their sins will be in part determined by how much light they received. Matthew 10:14-15 is an indication of this.

The saved are not held accountable for their sins since God's grace through Christ wipes them all away, which is why the saved have no place in the Great White Throne judgment. They are held accountable for their works in the Bema judgment to determine their reward: less works = less reward, more works = more reward, and no works = no reward.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I LOVE my kids...they are mine and nothing can change that. They can still upset me do wrong and for that they WILL answer for. We have been set free so to speak of what would have kept us away from the Father forever. Thats over..its finished. We can still sin.. still hurt Him..

Yes.. we all will answer for every idol word. If Christ is your lord.. you are in your Fathers hands.. and NOTHING can take you from Him. Some will JUUUUUST make it in and have no reward. Some will have great rewards. But.. haha so many of us do not see as Christ does. Well how many times ONE WORD you said changed someones life and you never had clue.. He will reward you.

The great white throne...I wont be there to be judged.. I have been.. I have been set free. When I die I dont set in the ground waiting.. my spirit goes right to my Father as it is written. This can not happen if I have never been judged. SIN can never enter heaven.

I must say something about sheep and goats. Now.. as I read it Christ comes with all His holy angels. REV talks of this? Its written that He gathers the nations? No dead no one from heaven pulled back down do then be split. The people as I read it and understand are those that came out of the great tribulation. Those are the ones He splits...sheep to go with Him in and.. so forth so on.

We have to answer for every word because we are created in our Fathers image. WORDS like it or not believe it or not have power...to give life or death. You have NO CLUE just WHO YOU ARE and WHOS you are. So in heaven.. you might see someone you were not nice to here.. all those feelings that come from the flesh and the enemy are no longer there. You will talk to them.. you will go where you want.. read stuff books what ever.. this world is just a very awful looking of what Heaven will be like. THIS is what things look like when SIN is GOD of this world.

So....it will be a time of rejoicing. No fear what so ever.. He told you.. you believe in me SHALL HAVE every lasting life.. its yours

Upvote 0