What's the dealeo with September doom prophecies?

Songsmith

May 3, 2015
✟9,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Everybody on youtube seems to be going nuts about September. Everything from a hit by an asteroid to the financial collapse of America. Martial law predictions and the final blood moon being a sign of the end times. I don't know who Stan Johnson is other than the Prophecy Club guy, but he's gone so far as to put the reputation of the ministry on the line by saying he thinks martial law is coming by the end of the year, beginning of next year at the latest. So what's going on that causes such a widespread feeling of impending trouble in America?

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Everybody on youtube seems to be going nuts about September. Everything from a hit by an asteroid to the financial collapse of America. Martial law predictions and the final blood moon being a sign of the end times. I don't know who Stan Johnson is other than the Prophecy Club guy, but he's gone so far as to put the reputation of the ministry on the line by saying he thinks martial law is coming by the end of the year, beginning of next year at the latest. So what's going on that causes such a widespread feeling of impending trouble in America?
Unfounded paranoia. By the time the end of the year comes, Stan Johnson will find a way to "salvage" his reputation.
I have been on this site for almost 5 years now, and practically EVERY month there is some clown predicting doom and gloom. Don't worry about those supposedly deadly "blood" moons. They mean absolutely NOTHING.
Last month, there was a person here who was claiming that the space station was going to crash into the Earth, causing untold disaster. When that didn't happen, he hasn't apologized for that misguided prediction, he has just made more idiotic predictions. These people come and go. Don't worry.

Upvote 0

Songsmith

May 3, 2015
✟9,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Unfounded paranoia. By the time the end of the year comes, Stan Johnson will find a way to "salvage" his reputation.
I have been on this site for almost 5 years now, and practically EVERY month there is some clown predicting doom and gloom. Don't worry about those supposedly deadly "blood" moons. They mean absolutely NOTHING.
Last month, there was a person here who was claiming that the space station was going to crash into the Earth, causing untold disaster. When that didn't happen, he hasn't apologized for that misguided prediction, he has just made more idiotic predictions. These people come and go. Don't worry.

Oh I know that there has always been doom inappropriate content out there, I just find it strange that so many people are pointing toward some arbitrary date that has no basis in anything. At least with y2k and The Mayan calendar thing there was SOME basis to wonder if something bad was coming. This September stuff seems to have come out of thin air. It's just weird. I'm not at all worried. Even if things go South very quickly, God has things under control. I simply rest in Him.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,697.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Paul said: But you my friends, are not in the dark, that Day will not come upon you like a thief. 1 Thess. 5:4
That Day will be a Day [literal 24 hours] of sudden destruction, as described in many other prophesies throughout the Bible.
Therefore, we who study the prophesies, should be aware of God's plans. Are you?

Although the world just seems to be able to stagger on much the same as always, this again is prophesied: 2 Peter 3:1-6 .....people will say: What happened the promise of His coming?....everything goes on as usual!
THEN: 2 Peter 3:7 By God's Word, the present heavens and earth are being kept for burning, for the Day of judgement, when the godless will be destroyed.
THIS is what we should be aware of and prepared, spiritually and physically for. It will be the terrible Day of the Lord's wrath against His enemies, but also the Day to test the faith of His people. Romans 1:18, Hebrews 10:27, 1 Peter 4:12, 1 Corinthians 3:13-15

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,632.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

People on Youtube were going nuts about some kind of satanic ritual/illuminati event at the London Olympics, 3 years ago, as well. They even had isolated verses from Scripture to "prove" their points. But I'm guessing that not too many of them went back onto youtube afterwards to say, "sorry for the scaremongering; we didn't know what we were talking about." Or to explain why they had interpreted Scripture wrongly.

I'm guessing these people/clips will quietly disappear if nothing happens by October, (not that I know what they expect to happen anyway.)

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,697.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Because the next prophesied event is the one that 'will come as a thief', unexpectedly, many who study the Prophetic Word have made predictions, including myself, that have come and gone without incident. :sigh:
The Lord is patient and longsuffering, not willing that any should perish, but when it comes and be sure it will come, Ezekiel 33:33, then all what the ancient prophets wrote will be fulfilled.
September is significant for several reasons, secular; Iran should be ready with their nukes by then, their proxies are itching to use the hundreds of rockets Iran has supplied and other things in the Middle East region are converging.
Biblical; The Day of the Lord's wrath is described many times as a Day of trumpets and alarms. The Day of Trumpets, Yom Teruah - Rosh Hashanah, on the 13th September 2015, is a Mo'ed [feast Day] instigated by God, Numbers 29:1. This Mo'ed is the first Day of the fall feasts, the three, as yet unfulfilled ones and there is no explanation or reason why God ordained it. Could be VERY interesting!

Upvote 0

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Because the next prophesied event is the one that 'will come as a thief', unexpectedly, many who study the Prophetic Word have made predictions, including myself, that have come and gone without incident. :sigh:
The Lord is patient and longsuffering, not willing that any should perish, but when it comes and be sure it will come, Ezekiel 33:33, then all what the ancient prophets wrote will be fulfilled.
September is significant for several reasons, secular; Iran should be ready with their nukes by then, their proxies are itching to use the hundreds of rockets Iran has supplied and other things in the Middle East region are converging.
Biblical; The Day of the Lord's wrath is described many times as a Day of trumpets and alarms. The Day of Trumpets, Yom Teruah - Rosh Hashanah, on the 13th September 2015, is a Mo'ed [feast Day] instigated by God, Numbers 29:1. This Mo'ed is the first Day of the fall feasts, the three, as yet unfulfilled ones and there is no explanation or reason why God ordained it. Could be VERY interesting!
More nonsense.

Upvote 0

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'll tell you has non-sense: those who ignore and refute what the Bible tells us.
By your own admission, you have made, at least, one prediction that has failed to come true - and I'm sure that when you made that "prediction" that you claimed that it was the word of God. So NOTHING that you "predict" from now on is worthy of being listened to - because, at best, you are a nobody who has the gall to make "predictions" or, at worst, you are a false prophet.

Reactions: gord44
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,697.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
By your own admission, you have made, at least, one prediction that has failed to come true - and I'm sure that when you made that "prediction" that you claimed that it was the word of God. So NOTHING that you "predict" from now on is worthy of being listened to - because, at best, you are a nobody who has the gall to make "predictions" or, at worst, you are a false prophet.
I have NEVER claimed to be a prophet. I just point out what the ancient prophets actually wrote. I did say to a few people in 2012 that the convergence of interest in all prophecies in that year could mean the last days would commence.
A nasty response like the above, just shows that person to be another denier who can't face the prospect of their cosy lifestyle being disrupted.

Who told you Iran will have nukes by September?
They have them now, they actually bought several from the Ukraine years ago. Their generals say; we are ready and await the order to annihilate Israel. They have bought the missiles to launch nukes, from North Korea.
Prophecy is clear, Iran and a confederation of Islamic entities WILL attack Israel, just a matter of time. Psalm 83, Isaiah 21:2b, Isaiah 22:6, the result will be - Jeremiah 49:35

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have NEVER claimed to be a prophet. I just point out what the ancient prophets actually wrote. I did say to a few people in 2012 that the convergence of interest in all prophecies in that year could mean the last days would commence.
A nasty response like the above, just shows that person to be another denier who can't face the prospect of their cosy lifestyle being disrupted.

They have them now, they actually bought several from the Ukraine years ago. Their generals say; we are ready and await the order to annihilate Israel. They have bought the missiles to launch nukes, from North Korea.
Prophecy is clear, Iran and a confederation of Islamic entities WILL attack Israel, just a matter of time. Psalm 83, Isaiah 21:2b, Isaiah 22:6, the result will be - Jeremiah 49:35
And... other than random Bible quotes, who told you that?

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,632.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Day of Trumpets, Yom Teruah - Rosh Hashanah, on the 13th September 2015, is a Mo'ed [feast Day] instigated by God, Numbers 29:1.

Don't they have Rosh Hashanah every year??

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,697.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Don't they have Rosh Hashanah every year??
Yes they do.
It is actually a Day that cannot be predicted with certainty, as it commences with the sighting of the first sliver of the new moon from Jerusalem. But the Jews have fixed a date anyway, as near as they can guess.

Why we should keep this event in mind, is the Bible tells us that God has His Appointed Days. Habakkuk 2:3, Psalms 75:2-3
We know that Jesus fulfilled the Spring Mo'ed's - one Day He will fulfil the fall ones. I see the Mo'ed of Tabernacles as being the one He will Return on to commence His Millennium reign. But the Mo'ed of Shofars and the Mo'ed of Atonement must come first. Wait for the Day!

Upvote 0