What's the Cheapest Service For Landline Phone?

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bad news is alot of states are doing away with land lines within the next 20 years. Even AT&T told us they won't have landline service much longer. Which is aggravating because we don't use smartphones because they cost nearly double to use every month. Plus the phones are always having issues and cost hundreds.

• Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Google Voice is free for US domestic. It just takes a one-time $50 obiehai box. It plugs into the router and is not dependent on your computer, though you can use the computer to access it. Used it for years. Very solid.

Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
alot of states are doing away with land lines

TMobile has a prepaid plan for only $10 every 3 months, data not included. You can use it unlimited and free with wifi at home, hot spots, etc, plus take it on the road, where you'd be paying minutes.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
TMobile has a prepaid plan for only $10 every 3 months, data not included. You can use it unlimited and free with wifi at home, hot spots, etc, plus take it on the road, where you'd be paying minutes.
Really? I'll have to check that out. My wife has a pay as you go phone but its like $30 a month and its essentially that plan you described.

Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Really? I'll have to check that out. My wife has a pay as you go phone but its like $30 a month and its essentially that plan you described.
Yes, I've been on it for several years. You bring whatever phone you want, it has to be compatible to the network of course. And you're billed $10 plus tax every three months - about $11.30 here. TM often doesn't have great coverage, though, once you leave population centers.

Upvote 0