What's the best system of government for Christianity?

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Even though no government is perfect, some methods are way better than others.
Why do those of the world assume God needs their ways and help to forward His agenda? Presumptuous, no? God uses what man does contrary to God for His own purposes.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
God uses what man does contrary to God for His own purposes.

Yes, he works out all things according to the purpose of his will to his glory and our good. Sometimes I am uncomfortable about a society that separates Church and State, but then I realize how necessary it is, because a religious society is a dangerous idea in this fallen world (unless you were Israel). It reminds me of the Church of England, and I am afraid of some of my "Presbyterian" brethren who support reconstructionism.

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not so. Ever since the Garden man put our will before God's. The kingdom is in the hearts of men but they have to let it override the will of man that is also in there. Animal nature learning to become of spirit. The is why the Gospel of the Kingdom can take any abuse and it never ruffles a feather. BTW those residing in the future Kingdom, as taught by Jesus , will be those who repented of the will of man and allowed themselves to be changed. More questions and less attacks and it may become clear. We all started out under the will of man after all so we know how diffiecult Jesus' Gospel can be. It's the upside down Kingdom .

You didn't actually answer my question. If the kingdom lies in the heart of man, then how can that be a replacement for the external physical needs of man? Why do you think Christ will return and rule a physical kingdom? It is necessary. We have free will, that means the will of man can be towards sin, or towards God. One is called sinfulness, the other righteousness. There were righteous men who turned the will of men to God in the Old Testament. So the will of man is not inherently evil (unless you are a Gnostic who believes all material is evil)

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why do those of the world assume God needs their ways and help to forward His agenda? Presumptuous, no? God uses what man does contrary to God for His own purposes.

He doesn't but he has created us and made us part of his agenda. Its not presumptuous at all. Everything is within God's will.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes I am uncomfortable about a society that separates Church and State, but then I realize how necessary it is, because a religious society is a dangerous idea in this fallen world

Can you tell me how two opposing systems can work together? would not one have to sell out in order to do so? How did the Kingdom and the State (world of man) align themselves otherwise?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why do you think Christ will return and rule a physical kingdom? It is necessary.

It will be His government based on the will of God and His Kingdom, which is loving neighbour as self. Exists nowhere in the governments under mankind now. hence the need to change to match, Pay Him now or pay Him later..

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He doesn't but he has created us and made us part of his agenda.

As a supporter of the Kingdom or supporter of man. Either way He's gotcha. The end results for each will be different though

As I said... Christianity needed no government of man to be forwarded. It became a government of man and forwarded itself. God used an institution of man to forward His opposing Kingdom

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

☦Marius☦

Murican
Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It will be His government based on the will of God and His Kingdom, which is loving neighbour as self. Exists nowhere in the governments under mankind now. hence the need to change to match, Pay Him now or pay Him later..

Well his government described in revelation looks suspiciously like a Christian or Jewish monarchy.. strange.

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Can you tell me how two opposing systems can work together? would not one have to sell out in order to do so? How did the Kingdom and the State (world of man) align themselves otherwise?

If institutions are so bad why didn't God just tell Abraham to stay out wandering in the desert? Why did he promise him a specific land? And why did he help his descendants create a kingdom, and a religious system? And why did he enforce that physical institution with his wrath? Why did he promote Israel having a military? And an anointed king? And a temple? And a priesthood? And a system of law? And etc etc etc. These are things that Christian monarchies imitated- yet you still believe you've got some secret better than the system given us directly by God? Then why don't you share how that system will work and enlighten us? How will we eat? How will we marry? Will my kids be able to receive medical attention? What happens when a hurricane blows through? Will there be someone to help me?

What about when the godless invade? Will I be able to defend my family from slaughter? Who will help me? What about other necessities? Does the kingdom of the heart have a good trade system? Please enlighten us!

Upvote 0

Athanasius377

Out of the deep I called unto thee O Lord
Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Cincinnati
✟702,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Western monarchies you mean ;)
Correct. Good point. The East is a lot more complicated in in regards to church and state. The west was more feudal much longer because the of the collapse of the Roman Empire in the West.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

I'm not sure if I am understanding your questions.

One of the problems with mixing church and state deals more with enforcing one's perceived view of divine law on society and in all aspects of the individual's life. Besides that point, how do you enforce the first four commandments, with the two great commandments, on unbelievers who are alienated from the life of God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Why you attack me? I am just asking a question.
This is provocation!

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Besides that point, how do you enforce the first four commandments, with the two great commandments, on unbelievers who are alienated from the life of God?

I'll one up you. How does a church or government enforce Jesus commandments while doing the opposite themselves? That's what they've done for centuries.

Oh.. and it is man's way to enforce. Jesus works with those who choose. What deos that say about the end of days? :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0