What's the best system of government for Christianity?

step_by_step

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2018
United States
✟90,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Exactly. If they want to take the OP off topic why not start their own topic, because I suspect they think they are better than the rest of us by giving trite answers like the vague "Kingdom of God" instead calling what they want is a theocracy. I will say people like this are so heavenly minded they are no earthly good. God made governments that man uses like the Monarchy.

Sorry OP for going off topic

While I see what you're saying, I think this response is incredibly rude. Refrain from making assumptions about how people feel. You don't know that they think they're better than you and you're making some lofty accusations about their character when you don't know them at all.
Keep the judgement to yourself.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,868.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Historically many forms of government have been beneficial for Christianity. The Roman Empire allowed for conditions which made Christianity dominate over it and eventually replace it's false worship of the gods with true worship of God. So any government, even one that only persecutes periodically but allows for a certain kind of stability, is beneficial for Christianity.

If the question is what kind of government is best for Christians in a Christian dominated country to practice, that's far more difficult to answer. How we judging best? By results or by how Christian it is? Arguably the conversion of various pagan tribes by the baptism of their Kings in Europe was best for Christianity in that it lead to the Christianity of Europe. Though forced Christianization is hard to defend on Christians grounds.

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
While I see what you're saying, I think this response is incredibly rude. Keep the judgement to yourself.

Good, I get tried of people coming in thinking they are better than the rest of us because they think they are super Christians and the rest of us are mere pagans in their shadows. I will say what I want and unless you are a mod than do not presume to even tell me what to do or not to do.

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The topic is government, the answer is the governance of God. Hardly off topic.

So what the op is getting at is what is the best mode of worldly government (e.g. democratic republic, monarchy, dictatorship) that best serves Christianity. Under what form of government does Christianity thrive?

It's a tricky question. In our democracy in the USA liberalism seeks to unravel traditional Christianity. In a dictatorship there is less tolerance for a liberal agenda which could help Christianity flourish depending on the dictator.

Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You don't know that they think they're better than you and you're making some lofty accusations about their character when you don't know them at all.

May I say those of the Kingdom don't think of themselves as better (that is a trait of fleshy mankind) but know God's will is better than the will of man, and would be glad for any who repent of the ways of man for the ways of God and His Kingdom, having been former traitors to the will of God ourselves, until we surrendered to Him and His Kingdom.

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We?

The Kingdom merely represents God's will in comparison to man's will within the world and within Christianity. Repentance will let you or anyone jump ship if you wish and be welcomed into the Kingdom with open arms. The only drawback may be others of the church of man getting on your case.

Those of the Kingdom can be ridiculed, discredited, even eliminated, but the Gospel of the Kingdom is unstoppable. The church of man will eventually receive it's only reward, the power and wealth it held in the world.

The topic is government, the answer is the governance of God. Hardly off topic.

You aren't discussing government in any way shape or form. You are stating "the kingdom of God", but in no way explaining how that is supposed to be an alternative form of government (how can something within us be a replacement for an external institution).

I'll call you exactly what you are. Psuedo Gnostics. You believe the entire material world is evil, that man can do absolutely no good- and that there is some mystical mode of thought all Christians should be in that will somehow replace us needing physical institutions.

You always skirt around the forum rules as well. Constantly implying that everyone who disagrees with you isn't saved, and that Christian orthodoxy is all a lie. You imply it but won't come out right and say it because that would go against the rules. Which is why your posts are so vague.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It's a tricky question. In our democracy in the USA liberalism seeks to unravel traditional Christianity. In a dictatorship there is less tolerance for a liberal agenda which could help Christianity flourish depending on the dictator.
The Ekklesia, underground, persecuted assemblies are the 'best' in the world.
They have been praying for the 'church' people , the united states, to suffer persecution so it might repent and become better at least, if not pure, which it is not.

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You don't know that they think they're better than you and you're making some lofty accusations about their character when you don't know them at all.

It is enough to see thier post. Keep your unbaked judgements to yourself

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I will say what I want

That works both ways especially now that inquisitions are no longer in vogue to silence the oppressed of man's institutions. The government that changed the old ways was a government that took a step forward towards the Kingdom

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That works both ways especially now that inquisitions are no longer in vogue to silence the oppressed of man's institutions. The government that changed the old ways was a government that took a step forward towards the Kingdom

You try to silence us by your holier than thou post, like your a super Christian and we are pagans

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So what the op is getting at is what is the best mode of worldly government (e.g. democratic republic, monarchy, dictatorship) that best serves Christianity. Under what form of government does Christianity thrive?

They don't serve Christianity. Christianity serves them (think religious right votes) and has done so since the Church aligned itself with the State 1700 years ago, broadsiding everything Jesus taught about separation between the Kingdom of God and the world of man. Two opposing systems aligning. Which one broadsided Jesus and changed the Gospel to suit?

Upvote 0

step_by_step

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2018
United States
✟90,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is enough to see thier post. Keep your unbaked judgements to yourself

I suggest that you do not allow your own feelings to dictate your responses. If you are offended, then maybe it's time to figure out why instead of lashing out at people over the internet.

--

May I say those of the Kingdom don't think of themselves as better (that is a trait of fleshy mankind) but know God's will is better than the will of man, and would be glad for any who repent of the ways of man for the ways of God and His Kingdom, having been former traitors to the will of God ourselves, until we surrendered to Him and His Kingdom.

Yes I know that God's will is indeed higher and better than any ours, I don't disagree with that.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You aren't discussing government in any way shape or form. You are stating "the kingdom of God", but in no way explaining how that is supposed to be an alternative form of government (how can something within us be a replacement for an external institution).

God's will trumps man's will (no pun intended) God's will heals and fixes, man's will divides and breaks.

The entire material world is evil, that man can do absolutely no good- and that there is some mystical mode of thought all Christians should be in that will somehow replace us needing physical institutions.

The will of man is self serving, self justifying, seeking (including organized religions) gain at the expense of others, etc. but it is self destructive in the process. The will of God is the opposite in nature to the mentioned will of man.
Yes this world is full of institutions that function according to the will of man and their god the Adversary. Jesus never said to replace the need for those institutions. His said do our thing outside of them.

That is what ticks off those of institutions like those you seeming defend. They don't like it when we don't play the game that they play.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

step_by_step

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2018
United States
✟90,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I agree that under a dictatorship, Christianity could flourish. But I could also see it backfiring. If the right person is not in charge, people will only end up oppressed. And I don't feel that anyone should be forced into following/worshipping God so maybe a mode of government that allows for that isn't the best choice.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You try to silence us by your holier than thou post, like your a super Christian and we are pagans

Speak away as you will. I merely answer but do not try to silence as some here do to me. I am aware there are two forces in this world and am quite willing to work along side. The answer as why the other side does not want to work along side the Gospel of the Kingdom can only be answered by the Adversary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I agree that under a dictatorship, Christianity could flourish. But I could also see it backfiring. If the right person is not in charge, people will only end up oppressed. And I don't feel that anyone should be forced into following/worshipping God so maybe a mode of government that allows for that isn't the best choice.

That was basically the MO of the Church in the middle ages and what happened verifies your post. Freedom of choice for will of man or will of God works best. The same freedom God offers us. You see here how freedom is not acceptable to some. More to lose?

Upvote 0