What's the best herb to give your dog for anxiety?

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I would imagine any sedative in a small dose would do the trick, but I speculate. I give my cat very small amounts of benadryl sometimes to help with a rash he develops. Usually in mist form though because boy I tell you, he is a hard one to trick. He likes everything just so. I am also mildly allergic to him so i spray it on myself too.

But I notice the benadryl also makes him more sleepy and snuggly instead of trying to play fetch all the time.

Sometimes I will look right at him and be like, "Do you know God, Sammy?? Answer me, animal!" And I just wonder.

• Haha
Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
A lot of people use Bach's Rescue Remedy for their pets. It's a human remedy, but is safe for dogs. It is a mildly calming agent. A few drops in a small amount of water usually does the trick (if you can trust him to drink the water). You can't overdose with such a small amount, and if you DID overdose, you'd likely just cause something like anxiety or headache.

If you want something stronger, you should probably ask the vet? Especially to get the dosage right.

• Informative
Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0