Nov 14, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟15,910.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Depends on what you want, how much you're willing to do and how much space you have for a cage. None of those animals can live in an aquarium, they have to live in special cages, all being fairly decent size. Since I've had both a GP & Rabbit and am considering a Ferret, I'll go through my personal opinion of pro's & cons

GP - Adorable! Must have GP food (pellets only). Also needs an unlimited supply of Timothy hay and also needs fruits & veggies each night. (Go easy on the citrus fruits as the citric acid can cause mouth sores) They can be messy, cage must be cleaned out once a week. Cute little noises. Have to be careful that they get enough Vit. C as to prevent scurvy. They do much better in pairs as they are social creatures and don't do very well at all alone.

Rabbits - Again, very cute creatures. Need rabbit pellets & unlimited Timothy hay as well as fruits & veggies. Don't have to worry too much about Vit. C. They are VERY messy and you have to be very careful about the size of the cage. Most people don't realize how large a rabbit can get and so the cage ends up being too small. Also, they are NOT outside pets. My rabbit has his own room that he is allowed to run in, tiled with no electrical cords etc for him to chew. If you can't do this, they need to be let out of their cage for an hour or more each night for running around and social time. They are highly intelligent and can be litterbox trained.

Ferrets - Cute, but kind of weasley looking. They also smell musky, even when they have been descented. Cage should probably be cleaned out 1-2 times a week at least. They need a lot of social time, and can be very friendly. For food, they need ferret pellets, timothy hay certainly couldn't hurt and also veggies. Ferret cages can get large and VERY expensive. I have a ferret cage already for my degu's, cost about $200. It's about 6' tall and is a major pain to clean. I couldn't imagine having a ferret in a smaller cage than what I have.

So anyways...that's my opinion of them. Personally, I prefer my GP's but rabbits are great too. I'm not a huge fan of ferrets but my husband loves them so...I told him he could get one or two since I have a ton of animals.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.