God save us all.
Mar 15, 2010
London
✟17,543.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Is lying permitted in this forum? That is an awful beer. Negative reps to you!

I've never even heard of the beer. I've found it on google; (who puts lemon in beer!? That's disgusting! It looks really murky too).

images

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Well - drink the good beer first, then drink the cheap stuff and then have unprotected sex. Should be good for having a few precious kiddies at least. ;)

Tying up loose ends is all.

Reactions: Cain Spencer
Upvote 0

Cain Spencer

God save us all.
Mar 15, 2010
London
✟17,543.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Well - drink the good beer first, then drink the cheap stuff and then have unprotected sex. Should be good for having a few precious kiddies at least. ;)

...err... okay, whatever floats your boat I guess. :waaah:

Upvote 0

JourneyToPeace

His law is love and His gospel is peace
Sep 17, 2010
Canada
✟9,970.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

^_^ Thanks for making me nearly choke on my hot chocolate!

Upvote 0

EmbattledBunny

Jul 27, 2010
✟1,129.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

No way, man. My Catholic duty is to drink this
chimay.jpg

and then be maken teh babies. Our Lord only made good booze, so we should only drink good brews...right?

Upvote 0

JourneyToPeace

Sep 17, 2010
Canada
✟9,970.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
No way, man. My Catholic duty is to drink this
chimay.jpg

and then be maken teh babies. Our Lord only made good booze, so we should only drink good brews...right?

Wrong. ^_^ The Lord brought the GOOD wine out at the end of the wedding. That means you have to drink the cheap stuff FIRST!

Upvote 0

Cain Spencer

God save us all.
Mar 15, 2010
London
✟17,543.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Wrong. ^_^ The Lord brought the GOOD wine out at the end of the wedding. That means you have to drink the cheap stuff FIRST!

I think it's hilarious, when ever some one complains that I drink too much I just say that even Jesus was called a drunkard in the bible.

Upvote 0

EmbattledBunny

Jul 27, 2010
✟1,129.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Ah, but Jesus didn't make the cheap swill. He only made the good stuff. I figure He was at the reception and wanted to have some good stuff, but didn't want to be rude and be all "hey, your wine is swill so I made some for you to serve instead", so he patiently (patience being a virtue and all) waited until the box wine was gone to make his move. Instead of making a social gaffe, he saved the party that a) was serving bad booze and b) was in danger of running out of booze. Everytime we find ourselves at a party and the halfer is cashed and they're passing around a hat to get another one before the liquor store closes, we should all remember to pause and reflect on what Jesus would have done - brewed up some good stuff on the spot. We can't do that, good wine takes time - but it's good to pause and thank the Lord for His miracles.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cain Spencer

God save us all.
Mar 15, 2010
London
✟17,543.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Ah, but Jesus didn't make the cheap swill. He only made the good stuff. I figure He was at the reception and wanted to have some good stuff, but didn't want to be rude and be all "hey, your wine is swill so I made some for you to serve instead", so he patiently (patience being a virtue and all) waited until the box wine was gone to make his move. Instead of making a social gaffe, he saved the party that a) was serving bad booze and b) was in danger of running out of booze. Everytime we find ourselves at a party and the halfer is cashed and they're passing around a hat to get another one before the liquor store closes, we should all remember to pause and reflect on what Jesus would have done - brewed up some good stuff on the spot. We can't do that, good wine takes time - but it's good to pause and thank the Lord for His miracles.

Or you could just drink it and thank Him later if you're still awake.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Cain Spencer

God save us all.
Mar 15, 2010
London
✟17,543.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The more I think about it, the more I just don't get it. I can understand artificial birth control that can possibly be abortifacent not being allowed, but what is the issue with condoms? With NFP it seems like couples deliberately have sex during infertile periods. It seems like using a calendar to keep sperm and egg apart. With a condom it's a piece of rubber. So what's the difference?

Condoms can act as a type of aborificient if they are lubricated with spermicidal liquid. Plus a condom is designed to stop a woman from becoming pregnant, so I can see why the Catholic Church would be against this as it does appear to be man interfering with God's grand design. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I actually don't know the RCC's official teaching on this and if I have misrepresented it in any way, shape or form, I apologize now as that is not my intent.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Condoms can act as a type of aborificient if they are lubricated with spermicidal liquid. Plus a condom is designed to stop a woman from becoming pregnant, so I can see why the Catholic Church would be against this as it does appear to be man interfering with God's grand design. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I actually don't know the RCC's official teaching on this and if I have misrepresented it in any way, shape or form, I apologize now as that is not my intent.
You did alright. ;)

Cain Spencer said:
I did put it there but it took up nearly the whole age so I had to delete it! Sorry, here is a quick link, it's just an image but a beautiful one at that!

Google Image Result for http://centurycafe.com/images/CC-Cakes/chocolate-strawberry-cake-001.jpg

Chocolate Strawberry Cake??? :yum::yum:

I hate my diet anyway. :p

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
i just had a thought, some people argue that that "well when anti-condom people says that ABC goes agianst nature what about fixing broken legs and antibiotics... condoms are the same, it uses science to make our life better"

but antibiotics do not go agianst nature, it is using technology (in this case medicine) to make something (our immune systerm) do a better job of what it is supoed to do (kill pathogins in our bodies) so it is natural in a way
science is bad when it preverts what something is ment for to twist it into something else, like removing the procreative aspect from sex

Upvote 0

JourneyToPeace

Sep 17, 2010
Canada
✟9,970.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
i just had a thought, some people argue that that "well when anti-condom people says that ABC goes agianst nature what about fixing broken legs and antibiotics... condoms are the same, it uses science to make our life better"

but antibiotics do not go agianst nature, it is using technology (in this case medicine) to make something (our immune systerm) do a better job of what it is supoed to do (kill pathogins in our bodies) so it is natural in a way
science is bad when it preverts what something is ment for to twist it into something else, like removing the procreative aspect from sex

Yeah, when people argue the condoms use science to make our lives better the same way we'd use antibiotics to make us better when we're sick, or the same way we'd get a bone set in a cast when it was broken in order to heal it..... I find those arguments horribly flawed. I am thankful I don't hear them often! Pregnancy is not a sickness, and it's not something broken in our bodies. It's nothing that's "gone wrong". In fact, it's exactly the opposite -- it's how our bodies are designed to function biologically. There's no 'fix' needed at all.

Just as you said.... if a human invention somehow ENCOURAGED pregnancy, or enhanced the possibility that it would happen, THEN we could say we attempting to 'make our lives better' or to be 'open to life' by using this invention. Condoms fall very, very sharply away from this category.

Upvote 0