USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is wonderful to share dreams. But we can't be wooed by words. We must measure the words against their actions and what's done. Done is king. A person with big ideas and little to show for with no tangible actions and plans in place is probably talking. Doers are the biggest planners. They don't fly by the seat of their pants. Spontaneity is purposeful. They're not all over the place.

He was extremely successful as a bachelor. Had a career that he loved and excelled in, he had many friends, a thriving church life. The picture that was presented was thrilling. I didn't see any red flags in the early days of our courtship. It wasn't until things were in motion that I felt could not be stopped, that I realized something was off. Over the years, countless promises were made, plans were laid out, my concerns were patted and coddled and then never resolved. It was always "next month, in a few months, in six months, maybe". It would take many long paragraphs to detail everything, but in short; he makes a great bachelor, but a terrible husband. I've made more things happen in the past three months, than he allowed me to do in the past five years. Hindsight is 20/20, and I wish I had found a way to prolong the courtship, so I could have seen these issues before taking that last step. But all we can do is learn from the past, and not repeat our mistakes.

Incubating with Him is always good. You emerge a different person. Let the process unfold as long as He requires.

I'm excited to see what's coming next :)

It sounds like he had a nice childhood. My daughter's a sweetheart and very dutiful. She trusts my vision and is working towards its fulfillment and her purpose. I don't think I can replicate that. But I can get close. She's one of kind.

Thank you! I did my best for him. I know it wasn't a perfect upbringing. But I learned by watching my own parents, all the things I did *not* want to repeat with my own child(ren) when I grew up. I once made a list of "things parents shouldn't do" or something along those lines, and I put it up in our kitchen for my mom and dad to see. Looking back, it's heartbreaking that a little girl felt compelled to do that. But I was determined. I would *not* behave in the bad ways they had behaved towards me and my brother.

Your daughter sounds like a lovely person! What does she want to do as a career?

I love that. Social events are beneficial for work and charitable pursuits. You meet like-minded people who share your interests. Sometimes that's the only way you will.

You and I are so different in this aspect! But you know yourself very well, and that's an admirable trait all on its own. I can handle social events, but it has to be something I feel compelled to do on my own. Being dragged to one would make me miserable.

I think that's a happy medium. When you want to be sociable you can. They offer classes and events on board. You have flexible dining options. You can choose a vessel of any size. Some lines focus on education and offer tours at each stop. Your quarters are private. If you want to dine in the room you can. There's a lot of frequent cruisers. You'd make friends if you did it. I like the slower pace. You can relax and unwind.

I think if it felt less like a floating cage, and more like a floating hotel, I might be okay! ^_^ Your description is quite appealing!

Okay, now I'm looking at transatlantic cruises...

"Maybe one day." :D

They have. You're crammed in like sardines.

Not ideal for someone with a tendency towards anxiety! I'm like that opening scene of "French Kiss" :D

You don't have the money now. Research beginning cameras for vloggers. Newbies don't spend that much.

I've had one in my Amazon cart for a good year or more. I hope I can justify spending money on it one day. But I feel that I need to have the necessities of life in order first. That's the tricky part. LIFE has to let up on me for a while, so I can start saving and not be facing constant crises that perpetually drain my bank account. Poverty is a tricky, complex, and difficult ladder to ascend. It's easier to go from "a little" to "a lot", than it is to go from "nothing" to "a lot".

Things are looking more hopeful in that arena. Crossing my fingers and praying.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Just looking at some music careers. This one was new to me:

6. Musical therapist
Musical therapists use sound to help improve the mental state of others. Many people find music to be therapeutic, calming the mind and helping them cope with difficult situations. Music therapists work with patients to manage their stress and pain, both emotional and physical, with the power of music.

You can earn certification through various music therapy programs that teach you how to apply various techniques to patients in different settings. Musical therapists can work through a private practice or at hospitals, mental health agencies, rehab centers, day care, nursing homes and schools, according to the American Music Therapy Association

I really want to look into the lyricist/songwriting thing.

Maybe I should just work on expressing my own life experience (testimony). It would be faster than doing the story I'm working on.

Though, of course, they're both connected.

It's probably not an either/or thing though...

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

6. Musical therapist
Musical therapists use sound to help improve the mental state of others. Many people find music to be therapeutic, calming the mind and helping them cope with difficult situations. Music therapists work with patients to manage their stress and pain, both emotional and physical, with the power of music.

You can earn certification through various music therapy programs that teach you how to apply various techniques to patients in different settings. Musical therapists can work through a private practice or at hospitals, mental health agencies, rehab centers, day care, nursing homes and schools, according to the American Music Therapy Association

Maybe I should just work on expressing my own life experience (testimony). It would be faster than doing the story I'm working on.

Just do not wear anything distracting. It defeats the purpose. ;) *joking*

• Useful
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Just do not wear anything distracting. It defeats the purpose. ;) *joking*

Is this distracting?:

IMG_20210108_081244966.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'm an artist...i mean...how much does an artist plan?

Well, I guess it depends on certain other variables. The primary one being what is aimed for...means/ends. Who knows, I'm just rambling...

Anyways, I'm more about being organic...

• Winner
Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

6. Musical therapist

Ooooh, wouldn't that be a *lovely* career field! Combine music and counseling and therapy all together... my interest is piqued.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm an artist...i mean...how much does an artist plan?

Well, I guess it depends on certain other variables. The primary one being what is aimed for...means/ends. Who knows, I'm just rambling...

Anyways, I'm more about being organic...

I have a bad (?) habit of sketching on scrap paper at work. I have proper sketching books, but somehow, I find myself just grabbing bits of paper and using those instead. And you can see lines and text and stuff through them. Drives some of my friends crazy :D

PXL_20210105_222116503 (1).jpg

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Ooooh, wouldn't that be a *lovely* career field! Combine music and counseling and therapy all together... my interest is piqued.

Musical therapists can work through ...rehab centers...

Imagine a residential discipleship program the likes of a Teen Challenge or Victory Outreach, but maybe as the next step up...like, for graduates of such programs, where the focus is centered on discovering Spiritual gifts, natural talents, and developing new skills that make all these findings pop!

Things like Music Theory, Drama classes, and other arts would be highlighted. And all this new understanding would be worked out right into the community as public performances, and such...something like street performances, but, geared towards bringing positive energy and inspiration to the onlookers, rather than fundraising.

It would be a non-profit organization so all donations of funds and resources would be tax deductible. Of course, there would be ways for the students themselves to fund it through providing services to the community such as delivery of goods and/or services, or maybe even via Youtube channels that display the organizations artistic influence.

When I was in Teen Challenge we did car washing, door to door/storefront fundraising, and other things to pay for our education.

Okay, now the creative juices are flowing!

Is this the first step to planning?

• Winner
Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
We can even develop a curriculum and go for accreditation, so students will have that official looking paper.

Of course, all of this would take a team composed of many different elements...

*So it would be a non-profit residential Art institute!

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
*So it would be a non-profit residential Art institute!

Or, of course, it may simply be a para-program that offers this opportunity to the already existing residential discipleship programs. Most of the ones I know of have a Ministry Institute already in place for graduates. So, what I'm talking about is a kind of workshop or an added package to the curriculum they have in place.

If that makes any sense...

Upvote 0