• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

What's on your mind?

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by Miles, Jan 21, 2018.

1. shineyourlight

shineyourlight Well-Known Member

+1,166
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Girl, I feel that. <3

2. ReesePiece23

ReesePiece23 The Peanut Buttery Member.

+4,863
    Christian
    It took near on two years, but COVID has finally found its way into my lungs. Even the vaccines couldn't separate us, it just wanted to be with me.

I can understand the fuss a little more now. My chest feels very heavy and breathing isn't the easiest. But, alas, the cold I had only a few weeks ago was actually worse from a symptomatic standpoint. My sinuses really took a battering and my cough was far more bothersome.

COVID is much more in the body. Aches, pains, dizzy spells, disorientation, etc. But a lot less dramatic than the cold.

3. shineyourlight

+1,166
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I'm sorry you're sick :( When did you find out that it was Covid?

4. ReesePiece23

+4,863
    Christian
    That's actually an amusing story.

It was today, at work. After one of the lads let off a stink bomb. Everyone around me was retching violently and I couldn't understand what was going on - as I couldn't smell a thing!

Up to that point I just wrote it off, and chalked all of my symptoms down to a secondary infection from a recent cold (my sinuses have never been very good.) I've also been working hard lately on personal projects as well as clocking in some pretty busy shifts, so I thought, hey, maybe I'm just a bit run down.

But, I have a VERY sensitive nose, and I've never not been able to smell, so I took a test.

And almost as soon as I dropped the solution onto the lateral, two neon red lines began blushing at me - and it was at that point I KNEW, my weekend had been stolen...

Ironic really, how a childish prank actually goaded me into doing something pretty responsible. I would have just kept ignoring it otherwise.

Yeah, I could have just said "I found out today", but that would have been too easy.

5. shineyourlight

+1,166
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    That is a brilliant story, but the outcome is quite unfortunate.

Take all the rest that you need!

6. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God CF Ambassadors Supporter

+11,838
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    I feel that too,For some reason I always feel like I dont fit in with others even among my cousins and my aunts and uncles.

7. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God CF Ambassadors Supporter

+11,838
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Im so sorry you have Covid,Last yr my whole family caught it except for my brother.My mom and I already had sinus infections so that was worse for us than having covid.Luckily all of us had minor symptoms,my mom loss of taste,me and my dad muscle aches and of course fatigue from being sick.I am sorry youre not doing so well and will pray you feel better soon.

8. GodDoesListen55

GodDoesListen55 “A happy heart makes the face cheerful.” ッ

+2,600
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    YES, HOME SWEET HOME!!!

9. SarahsKnight

SarahsKnight Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth. Supporter

+9,688
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Welcome home then, Chelsea. ^-^

10. GodDoesListen55

+2,600
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I cannot wait to sleep in my own bed tonight! (P.S. Thank you all for your replies! :sunglasses:)

11. sampa

sampa Veteran

+1,798
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    Wondering if the Lord is trying to teach me patience. I'm still baffled and not sure what territory I'm getting into and if I am being wise in continuing intermittent conversations. Praying that the holy spirit will speak to me and guide me with the Lord's wisdom.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  12. sampa

sampa Veteran

+1,798
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    How are you feeling? That's quite an interesting story. Just popping in here between the Cyber sales and Christmas decorating, but was thinking of you.

13. GodDoesListen55

+2,600
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Sometimes I wish I was someone else.

14. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. Young Fogie Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+4,662
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    Which other person would you rather be, exactly? :mmh:

15. sampa

sampa Veteran

+1,798
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    While doing my quiet time this morning I was led to think about someone from my past. I wrote a lot here on Christian forums and sought advice about him back in 2007 to 2009.

It's sort of a relationship that never got to a date over a two-year period. Someone I met in the workplace and reconnected with me while he was deployed to Afghanistan (he had called my boss to get my phone number). We sent emails for about 3 months and I started to see him enter into PTSD. And then I discovered some other gross details that I just told him we were not compatible. He reconnected with me a year later and we meet up at a shopping mall and walked around. He proposed marriage to me in the parking lot as we were saying our goodbyes, even though we had never been on a date. My decision stood and that was the last that I saw of him besides him trying to reach out by email and me not responding.

From time to time I search guys from my past that my heart went out to. Out of the five in my lifetime, I can say that he is probably one of the most positive developments. Unfortunately, he's never resolved the issues with the Lord.

I read an article on him from last year about how a type of Thai helped him with his PTSD. He's been writing books about his past and coping mechanisms for PTSD. He's been reaching out to teens to help them with this specific type of THai exercises. I know over the years he's done podcast interviews and also PTSD marches across the Nation. Recently he spent a couple years in Thailand through the Wounded Warrior project. He's aged quite a bit, but seems happy despite medical setbacks. I'm pretty sure that if we had never corresponded, he would not the writing books and involved in social media at the level that he is. Anyways these are just my thoughts and I needed a place to explore and write them out. I'd like to pray for him, but when I released him that one night, I have left him in the Lord's hands.

16. ReesePiece23

+4,863
    Christian
    I'm definitely over the worst, and to be honest I don't think it was all it could have been. Because I'm starting to think (and I was sceptical) that those vaccines saved me from a LOT of problems, now that I'm at *this* stage of the infection looking back. The infection never really 'peaked' I don't think.

I'm yet to regain any sense of taste or smell, and there's a residual brain-fog cloud kicking about, but at least the fatigue has worn off. I think the fatigue was the worst of it.

Thank you for thinking of me, that's actually worth quite a lot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  17. GodDoesListen55

+2,600
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    When you are feeling sad, but... you still think of others, so you start wrapping Christmas presents. 'Tis the season!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. sampa

sampa Veteran

+1,798
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    Praise God that you are over the worst of it. The first 48 hours was the worst for me, back in April, the second 48 hours was extreme headaches. I was able to work by the third day remotely. But smell took about 3 weeks. And the phlegm was so strange, I felt like I had an alien living inside of me because it was clear and had a different taste to it.

You're not a runner, but I read that athletes have to gradually get back into their training. I read about horror stories of athletes that were perfectly healthy but could barely walk after having covid. And had a long road for recovery. I reduced my training by 50%, the first couple of weeks and gradually upped by the end of the month. I was fortunate to exceed my distance from the prior year, despite the setback. Praise the Lord! All of it is appraised since I have systemic lupus, I really thought I would have been the ones put in the hospital. Despite it not being as severe for me as others, I still am taking all the precautions that I did before the pandemic with flu and cold, since my immune system is compromised.

Continue to get rest as needed and don't push the holiday season. Most guys don't, haha. Blessings and continued prayers.:hug:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  19. sampa

sampa Veteran

+1,798
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    Putting it on my calendar, to buy caramels and Chow mein noodles at the beginning of November. I couldn't believe how hard it has been to find chow mein noodles. Even Amazon, one of them wasn't going to come for 2 weeks. I had tried to physically go to stores and decided to look online. I found it at target, but then by the end of the day when I decided to check out it was gone. Stuff in my car kept disappearing throughout the day. It's crazy how if you're not the early bird, you lose out. So a bag of Chow mein noodles that would usually cost $1.96 now is costing me near $14. My other option was to drive 45 minutes to a grocery store that would get it delivered but a processing fee that brought it to $10. Not worth my gas and time since this is my last day of vacation and I need to get the Christmas decorations going. I already spent more than half the day decorating my interior Saturday and getting the Christmas tree with my mom at the farm.

If you're reading this and you're wondering what I do with these chow mein noodles, it's a delectable delight called nutty noodle cluster. I uncle and family look forward to these each year. It's a family tradition. The caramel I hope to use on kettle chips drizzled with chocolate. I've had problems in previous years getting those ingredients.

So glad I have this Advent study and bible study group so that I'm not caught up in the frenzy of all the activities.

20. SarahsKnight

SarahsKnight Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth. Supporter

+9,688
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Thanks for the suggestion a year or so ago, @bèlla . It's a bit rough letting go of Miss Erin right now, as is to be expected, but at least I have a suitable replacement, at your suggestion, to help me cross over. Even if only in the world of literature and not real life. ^_^
    Not even twenty pages into Pride and Prejudice and already I love me some Jane Bennet. :love2:

Jane Bennet_IG.png

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021