• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

What's on your mind?

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by Miles, Jan 21, 2018.

1. MrMoe

MrMoe Part-Time Breatharian

+2,943
    Christian
    I'm a self taught artist. I didn't watch any professional artists growing up. I would describe my style as trail and error, which means lots of erasing and painting over stuff.

2. Rigatoni

Rigatoni Rescued & Redeemed

+5,402
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Thank you for the prayers. I took a break this weekend to withdraw from CF and social media, and it really proved beneficial. I'm going to follow sampa's example and spend the next few days refocusing on what's important and spending less time online the best I can. I think that's the direction God is leading me and where I've been going wrong.

Experiential to me would be a greater outpouring of His Spirit, or to finally step through an open door I've been praying for, in which He would be directly involved with. I've had a longing for community, and for a new phase to begin.

I've taken 15 classes for my major, along with some as electives and core curriculum, and have only a few left before I get my degree. But the skills I've learned for model making came from my design and visual communication courses.

Will do. :)

That's a great point. Mobile games are very high in demand right now as well.

I just heard from a friend of mine this morning, and there's actually an opportunity for me to join another dev team for a larger project. It's a stretch, but they did reach out to me awhile back; we'll see what God has in store.

3. LaBèlla

LaBèlla Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,228
    United States
    Christian
    Anthony,

I hope your communion with the Lord is fruitful and He directs you towards the pursuits He ordained on your behalf. May you be enlightened and refreshed in your time away.

Good luck on the project. I hope you make the team. You'll do well. :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

4. SarahsKnight

SarahsKnight Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth. Supporter

+7,869
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    My crush knows just how to sway me. When saying "pretty please" so innocently after asking me to do a small favor for her, she is obviously aware that I have not yet let go of my crush on her since I "confessed" four months ago.

.... As if I was ever going to say no to her.:love:

5. LaBèlla

+8,228
    United States
    Christian
    @SarahsKnight

I love the innocent bliss crushes bring. It harkens back to earlier times when all was sweet and innocent. Enjoy every morsel. :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

6. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. 7x13=28 Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+3,456
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    She has you wrapped around her finger, and she so knows it. ^_^

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. SarahsKnight

+7,869
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Oh, I do. ^-^
    You certainly need every bit of sweetness or positivity you can cling to when working in my lab on day shifts when the dreaded Nel is around. (That's who we call the manager.)

8. SarahsKnight

+7,869
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    And I most certainly am not complaining about that.:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. SarahsKnight

+7,869
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Miss Erin commands (nicely, of course ^_^). This knight obeys.

10. Jamdoc

Jamdoc Well-Known Member

+531
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    ... and finished with Malachi, with a few days to spare, might as well do Revelation to capstone that long section of prophetic books and then I dunno, Matthew?

11. Hawthorne

Hawthorne CF Singles High Council

+1,374
    Private
    Thankful to see quite a few Catholics in here. Holding out hope that the rest of you folks will return to Christ's Church under the auspices of the Successor of St. Peter and the protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

12. Jamdoc

Jamdoc Well-Known Member

+531
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    Nah, I think I'll stick with biblical teachings rather than "church traditions" that go directly against scripture
    1 Timothy 2:5
    1 Timothy 4:1-3
    Matthew 23:9
    Exodus 20:4-5

The Catholic Church has just way too much paganism that infiltrated into it, thanks to the influence of the Roman Empire.
    Not to mention, too much emphasis on people that were not Jesus Christ.
    In Luke 11 someone tried to do a hail Mary and Jesus rebuked her.
    The emphasis should always be on Jesus, on God, not any human aside from the incarnate. Not Peter, not Paul, not John, not Mary.
    The focus is on the Father, not the mother.

13. ReesePiece23

ReesePiece23 The Peanut Buttery Member.

+3,823
    Christian
    Why isn't there a book of Jesus? Why are four of the five verses you quoted the name of a person?

I'm not starting a debate, I've just ALWAYS wondered that. It's a bit of an anomaly to me... He's the most important yet He doesn't have his own book - instead, He has to hide away in Matthew, Mark, et al...

14. SarahsKnight

+7,869
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Ohhhh boy .... Um, sheer number of years as a believer in Jesus Christ has shown me that nothing good or practical will likely be coming of this little conversation starter, so ... why don't we just leave it at that, okay, fellas? The finer details of your beliefs have both been made known; that will be enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. LaBèlla

+8,228
    United States
    Christian
    @Hawthorne

The Singles group is comprised of people from various denominations and beliefs. We respect our differences and the ecumenical bond we share. If Catholic fellowship is preferred you can submit a request for a new forum. :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

16. ReesePiece23

ReesePiece23 The Peanut Buttery Member.

+3,823
    Christian
    To be fair, it was on "their mind".

I actually had something else to say, but I've completely forgotten it.

On my mind: "nothing."

17. Hawthorne

Hawthorne CF Singles High Council

+1,374
    Private
    Of course it's a Baptist that makes bait where none was offered. I'm sure you know there are Catholic responses to these points, but @SarahsKnight has given me a gentle rebuke and reminded me that this is not the place.

If I had to guess, it might be that Jesus wished to partner with human authors in the same way the Incarnation fused Deity with flesh, in the same way that Daniel's vision of the Son of Man is both supernatural entity and the saints of the Most High. Also, culturally, such messengers would carry the full weight of their Master; so, even though they don't have Jesus' name on the superscription, they typically identify the human author as an apostle/servant/(slave)/what-have-you in the introduction which is basically the same thing. That would be my guess.

It's nice to see you again; it's been quite some time. But you're right. I shouldn't have worded my post in such a way as to start something. I had seen more Catholics in here than pretty much ever before and was happy.

I don't recognise your name. Did you join January 2019 or are you an old member with a new account? It is nice to meet you. I've been active off and on for quite a few years. I have to say, this subforum is veritably dead since the last time I visited.

EDIT -
    Thank you, Reese!
    It's good to see you again, too!

18. Jamdoc

Jamdoc Well-Known Member

+531
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    Well, why doesn't God have a book just written entirely in first person, why isn't it just installed in our brains the day we're born why does it have to be a physical or digital object that we read?

No idea, just that's the way it has been, many authors, many writing styles over many centuries.

19. LaBèlla

+8,228
    United States
    Christian
    Hawthorne,

I joined last year. Most members have periods of inactivity. We don’t hangout here.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

20. MehGuy

MehGuy A member of the less neotenous sex.. Supporter

+7,594
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Not sure why I am continuing in that train wreck of a conversation.. have a feeling I'm being messed with anyways.. eh.. lol.