What's on your mind?

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
Going to and fro and up and down in the earth.
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
I wouldn't notice the fatigue and burnout if I hadn't chosen to do away with all distractions, you know? Like if I'm throughout the day weaving bible study as I feel like it then taking breaks to do other things, even worldly secular escapist distractions, then it's not burdensome at all, it's all broken up into doing different things. But for me doing any 1 thing for a period of time I get bored of pretty quickly. It's part of the reason I have a pessimistic view of heaven because most times the bible portrays heaven as nothing but falling on our faces and singing, I know I know, the eye has not seen ... etc. Times when I look for what else might be done in fellowship with God it always comes down to the biblical description of falling on our faces and singing and the pastor trying to make THAT all by itself exciting like it's the only singular thing you should desire to do, and I always think, wow, that's it, just do 1 single thing for all eternity? and I get depressed over how boring that sounds. I can usually perk myself back up by reassuring myself that that's not all it'll be, but, there's a lot of Christians who claim that that's all I should WANT it to be. So.. not really healthy to think about for someone who gets as easily bored as I do.

I hate to admit this but.. I used to drink alcohol, I was a sailor, and a backslider, you know, and one of the reasons, probably the biggest reason I quit while I'd like to say "oh because I knew it was sin so I wanted to repent of it" but no, the reason why I quit was, I was simply bored of it. I'd go out on Friday night, get drunk, have a good time with my friends, and then the next day, I didn't feel like doing that same thing again at all, and my friends would want to go right back out and do it again and the next week and so on and I was like "really? didn't we just do that?"
I appreciate your honesty. I wish I could say the perfect thing, but I'll refer you to James 1. Seek the wisdom from above that you may endure this trial. If you lack this wisdom, ask God. Catch hold of him as Jacob and refuse to let him go until he has given you the strength you need.

Doing the right thing for the wrong reason doesn't negate that you did the right thing. Jamdoc, don't you see how God's sovereign hand was drawing you to himself even when you were afar off? You might think you gave it up because you were bored, but it sounds like God was preparing you for his service.

Upvote 0

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
We were just discussing today at the dinner table as to what we could do with crabapples. :idea:
Apparently they are good for making jelly.
We made a ton of grape juice the other day and we might make some of into jelly.
KITTYS! :hug:

Well, it all depends. How big are the crabapples? The kind I have are little red things that look like cherries; not much flesh, so juicing is the best option. I have had larger crabapples which look like small red apples. Those you can make into crabapple butter--and, of course, juice. Once juiced, it can be made into jelly or the juice can be used by itself (I have used it in smoothies). And, don't quote me on this, but I think you might be able to extract pectin from them; this is what happens when I spread word-of-mouth rumours rather than check sources.

Bonus tip for the devoted is to use a food mill (I use the Foley) to sift usable pulp from the fibrous refuse. This pulp can be used in baking in place of applesauce (assuming we're still speaking of crabapples), and perhaps crabapple butter. Lots of options depending on how much effort you want to give it.

Nice, nice, nice! Was this at your grandparents' place? It seems like you mentioned they grew quite a bit of fruit. Grape jelly, certainly, or canning the juice as is works, too. Add a quart jar of juice to a gallon pitcher, fill with water, add stevia or sugar to taste, and you're off to the races.

• Winner
Reactions: kittysbecute
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I appreciate your honesty. I wish I could say the perfect thing, but I'll refer you to James 1. Seek the wisdom from above that you may endure this trial. If you lack this wisdom, ask God. Catch hold of him as Jacob and refuse to let him go until he has given you the strength you need.

Doing the right thing for the wrong reason doesn't negate that you did the right thing. Jamdoc, don't you see how God's sovereign hand was drawing you to himself even when you were afar off? You might think you gave it up because you were bored, but it sounds like God was preparing you for his service.

Sometimes I wonder if there's something wrong with me (well, more than I already know about medically), because people say they NEVER get bored of praising and worshiping and reading the bible or praying or even if they're secular the never get bored of the things they like to do. While I get bored of literally anything or everything, and even get bored of pleasurable things or even pleasure itself. I used to think that was a pretty universal thing, that people got bored of doing the same thing after awhile, but it seems like, maybe not, some people claim they never tire of worship. Or they go back to that bottle every weekend, and it never gets boring to them.

Upvote 0

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes I wonder if there's something wrong with me (well, more than I already know about medically), because people say they NEVER get bored of praising and worshiping and reading the bible or praying or even if they're secular the never get bored of the things they like to do. While I get bored of literally anything or everything, and even get bored of pleasurable things or even pleasure itself. I used to think that was a pretty universal thing, that people got bored of doing the same thing after awhile, but it seems like, maybe not, some people claim they never tire of worship. Or they go back to that bottle every weekend, and it never gets boring to them.
It sounds possibly like acedia, colloquially called the Noonday Devil. I also came across abulia which actually is a neurological condition. I don't know what your medical issues are, or if the symptoms of abulia bear any similarity to your quandary. I will pray you are revitalised with renewed energy and that you may run your race and never tire.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It sounds possibly like acedia, colloquially called the Noonday Devil. I also came across abulia which actually is a neurological condition. I don't know what your medical issues are, or if the symptoms of abulia bear any similarity to your quandary. I will pray you are revitalised with renewed energy and that you may run your race and never tire.

Not either of those, it's not a lack of will, or a lack of care, I care about a lot of things, it's repetition that gets to me. If I was doing something new constantly, or at least spacing things out that I did have to repeat so it was infrequent, I don't tire of them, but repetition too close to the last time I did it, burns me out quickly.

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
KITTYS! :hug:

Well, it all depends. How big are the crabapples? The kind I have are little red things that look like cherries; not much flesh, so juicing is the best option. I have had larger crabapples which look like small red apples. Those you can make into crabapple butter--and, of course, juice. Once juiced, it can be made into jelly or the juice can be used by itself (I have used it in smoothies). And, don't quote me on this, but I think you might be able to extract pectin from them; this is what happens when I spread word-of-mouth rumours rather than check sources.

Bonus tip for the devoted is to use a food mill (I use the Foley) to sift usable pulp from the fibrous refuse. This pulp can be used in baking in place of applesauce (assuming we're still speaking of crabapples), and perhaps crabapple butter. Lots of options depending on how much effort you want to give it.

Nice, nice, nice! Was this at your grandparents' place? It seems like you mentioned they grew quite a bit of fruit. Grape jelly, certainly, or canning the juice as is works, too. Add a quart jar of juice to a gallon pitcher, fill with water, add stevia or sugar to taste, and you're off to the races.
Welcome back Mr Hawthorne :hug:
You remembered right about my grandparents having a lot of fruit. They used to have a similar thing that you use that would separate out the juice from the pulp when cooking. But this time it was just at home and using grapes from a relatives farm. We didn’t have the right tools unfortunately so we did it by cooking and straining, with a final strain through cheese cloth. It took a whole week.
That’s pretty cool all the things that can be made with crabapples. I will look into getting one of those pans to help out next time.
Today we might pick apples but i’m not sure what variety they are.

Reactions: Hawthorne
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟948,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sexual attraction to men is considered abnormal in our culture...

Sometimes I wonder if I'm occupying the same planet as every one else. I understand things have changed. But I haven't encountered many with this mindset. Not as singles or in relationships.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
@Tone I like the new shot. You look friendly and approachable. :)

Thank you! Yeah, I think it's a lot better than the last one, where I had the sun in my eyes and appeared angry.

*I think our avatars would make a good pairing, appearance wise...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Ye
Tone,

The energy is different. You're softer and open. Not closed. :)

I change images according to mood. The image has to speak to me or I won't use it.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella
Yeah, I wasn't going to use that pic., But it kinda uploaded before I could stop it, so I went with it.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,162,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
@MehGuy

I'm laughing real time. What compelled you to watch that? LOL

Lol.. mainly curiosity about the art style being the same as the Proud Family as a kid. Never seen the movie but I grew up with the Proud Family TV show. Been exploring Pluto TV and it was just on.. lol.. might be a good platform to have a CF movie night since the content is played live.

• Haha
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟948,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Lol.. mainly curiosity about the art style being the same as the Proud Family as a kid. Never seen the movie but I grew up with the Proud Family TV show. Been exploring Pluto TV and it was just on.. lol.. might be a good platform to have a CF movie night since the content is played live.

Meh,

You're going to get me banned. Drags you under. :p

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,162,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Meh,

You're going to get me banned. Drags you under. :p

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Banned for what? The site is legal. It's owned by Viacom or something, lol.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,162,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can't talk about Bebe without causing offense.

Ah alright.

Although we should have a CF movie night or something. We've done it before and it's fun. Wish Netflix had a live tv section.

Upvote 0