What's on your mind?

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟887,942.00
Faith
Christian
Some people think Hollywood shapes culture (they make whatever they want & people will buy it regardless)
Some people think culture shapes Hollywood. (what won't make $ won't get made)
And more and more people are caring less and less about Hollywood these days as there are more options than hollywood because of the internet.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟887,942.00
Faith
Christian
There are some nice Soapmaking Channels on Youtube. Royalty Soaps and Royal Apple Berry are some of my favorites. :):):):)
Then you will get addicted to soap operas.

Upvote 0

GodJesusAndChocolate

I love God, Jesus, and my Fiancé
Dec 17, 2021
The Earth That God Made =]
✟108,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Today was nice. I got to be with my Boyfriend today. We went on a Dinner Date. :):):):) We went to the Japanese Restaurant near my House. :):):):)

We both got Chicken Teriyaki and Thai Iced Tea (has a Cinnamon taste). :):):):):hrelax::hrelax::hrelax::hrelax::full::full::full::full:

Then we went for a walk. :):):):)

I got to hug him. :):):):) =3 <3

I feel happy. I am very grateful to God for my Boyfriend. <3 =]

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟887,942.00
Faith
Christian
Today was nice. I got to be with my Boyfriend today. We went on a Dinner Date. :):):):) We went to the Japanese Restaurant near my House. :):):):)

We both got Chicken Teriyaki and Thai Iced Tea (has a Cinnamon taste). :):):):):hrelax::hrelax::hrelax::hrelax::full::full::full::full:

Then we went for a walk. :):):):)

I got to hug him. :):):):) =3 <3

I feel happy. I am very grateful to God for my Boyfriend. <3 =]
No bubble tidy Thai Tea?

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟887,942.00
Faith
Christian
Jeez, the internet irks my whole soul sometimes!
I've been online since about 1995 or so and a lot of people on the internet back then were acting almost like they were drunk or on drugs due to being anonymous. I don't think that the average person was online as it wasn't that popular at the time but rather I believe the people that were not socially "normal" in their functioning. People who had problems some of which were serious were on back then and nothing has changed sadly as instead of people getting online with problems people are now getting online and it is causing them to have problems by the nature of the internet and the people on it with........ problems causing problems.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟726,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Everyone, if you remember Someone's Angel from a few years ago here, she and her husband are still going through uncertain times. Please consider helping them financially, as she has asked me to share:

Rent, Car, Misc.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟85,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I bought a DVD only to find it was region-locked. I read Blu-Ray players don't have region-locked, so finally bought a Blu-Ray player!

But it still didn't play the DVD!!!

I ended up watching another DVD I had on it, & the picture's nice, better than on my old DVD player, not gonna lie!

So I'm moving up in the world: I'm getting streaming platforms in a month & now have a Blu-Ray player!

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟85,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I know a lot of people say nerd culture is acceptable now, but I really don’t see it that way. I think that’s just Mainstream people trying to pretend everything’s okay now.

• Agree
Reactions: Sophrosyne
Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟80,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I think it's all about what people are familiar with. If I only read obscure comic book characters most haven't heard of then I'd probably get blank stares when talking about my comic reading habits. But every year more comic characters are becoming mainstream. (The Sandman being among the most recent.)

Another thing is how you present what you're doing. If I mention playing a Digimon game, many won't know what that is. But if I say, "It's like Pokemon with really crazy evolutions" they might think it sounds cool.

Upvote 0