Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:| Thanks a lot "pregame show" for making me feel old.

"15 Years ago was the attack on the world trade center...."

I remember it like it was yesterday and I never really do the math of how long ago it was.............. 15 years......

I feel like John Cusacks friend in Grosse Pointe Blank.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's been 15 years since 9/11.

...And the war on terror is still going strong.

If the media claims there is a war on anything...... rest assure the government LOVES it and its here to stay.

"War on drugs" "War on terror"

They LOVE there being a boogeyman they can point at to make people give up their freedoms for the illusion of safety. :|

Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If the media claims there is a war on anything...... rest assure the government LOVES it and its here to stay.

They LOVE there being a boogeyman they can point at to make people give up their freedoms for the illusion of safety. :|

The terrorists are winning.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Its a bit sad how everyone remembers an anniversary of a tragedy instead of commemeorating a good thing that happened. To have a balance i think.

I mean there is remberance day ...but God didnt have his ppl wanting to remember the fall in the garden of eden for example, or how the egyptians wanted to kill the isreliates and enslave them, He wanted them to remember the exodus and how He parrted the red sea for them and celebrate with passover.
With Jesus yes we remember the cruicifxtion but we also celebrate his rise again.

Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Its a bit sad how everyone remembers an anniversary of a tragedy instead of commemeorating a good thing that happened. To have a balance i think.

Well, it killed nearly 3,000 people while destroying two iconic buildings of New York as well as damaging the Pentagon, kick started the never-ending war on terror, inspired countless radical Muslims to take up arms, started two expensive wars that put USA into debt and forever traumatized American society.

Of course people are going to remember that.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well yea but ppl dont have to dwell on it.
Its not good to dwell on evil. You have to say well you may have meant evil, but God used it for good.

Its like with the holocaust. Many ppl just are in such a mindset that they still angry about it. But it happened you cant change the past. The good thing is that you survived and your people werent completely wiped out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ugh.... Hollywood isn't even trying to hide that it has ZERO original ideas anymore.

Taking old movies and making them a TV series...... well I mean it does make sense. All they have done til this point is simply take old TV shows and make movies.... why not reverse the process right?

"Uncle Buck" TV series
"Lethal Weapon" TV series

Really Fuller? Really?!

Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ugh.... Hollywood isn't even trying to hide that it has ZERO original ideas anymore.

Taking old movies and making them a TV series...... well I mean it does make sense. All they have done til this point is simply take old TV shows and make movies.... why not reverse the process right?

"Uncle Buck" TV series
"Lethal Weapon" TV series

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/...ie-remakes-and-reboots-currently-in-the-works

After thousands of years of story telling and over a century of cinema, we were bound to run out of ideas sooner or later.

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It would be nice if hurt didn't linger in subtle forms. I'd just like to see it and make it go away. I still had the same issues before everything happened, but at least I was happy more often. Now I'm lucky if I get two happy days in a row.

:hug:

Reactions: Paulie079
Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/...ie-remakes-and-reboots-currently-in-the-works

After thousands of years of story telling and over a century of cinema, we were bound to run out of ideas sooner or later.

No, there are elements of old stories in new ones.... thats not the problem.

The problem is they slap a successful old title on it whether it makes sense or not *cough*Karate Kid*cough* (Nevermind the fact that the kid is taught KUNGFU)

Doesnt matter if its a joke of a remake *Ghostbusters*

Before when they did remakes it was USUALLY (not always) the more obscure movies with good stories. Now they know their movie cant stand on its own so they try to sell the name. :|

Sorry but "Stories have been told and movies have been around its bound to repeat" is like giving music a pass "Music has been around forever so its bound to suck now"

I dont give Hollywood a pass.... especially since there are plenty of original stories out there by undiscovered film makers.

Its called being lazy and greedy. Good movies and music could still be made IF they put their efforts into finding talent instead of sticking with the status quo. Slapping a "pretty face" on something and just selling it.

Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RayofSun

Feb 22, 2005
Land of the ice and snow
✟121,331.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The sun is shining, the weather is perfect, my family is home and laughing. This should be such a lovely day but I can't get out of my mood and weird funk long enough to enjoy it.
Maybe it's just a Netflix kind of afternoon lol. Any good suggestions?

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

War on tacos!

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.