Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thanks =) If you haven't played it yet, I would definitely recommend The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, depending on the console.
ugh. that game is so overrated. I say that as a die hard Zelda fan. I buy the consoles just to play Zelda. And then I never touch them again. BotW is so dull and boring. I applaud their attempt to change the formula. But this was a flop. The temples were weak. The story was weak. The final boss was weak. The shrines.... copied and pasted across the world. weapons that break after a couple hits
The RAIN!!!

It had some positives. I hope they take the good things about the old games (I missed the classic tools) and combine it with the positives. I liked the cooking :)
Horseback riding was a bit fun... but useless and boring because of the mountainous terrain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟326,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How dare one have a chasm in a relationship when you say your friend shouldn't get support for his or her disability. You should feel free to call them at player gamer user. Obviously they should be adult and take whatever you deal.

Last I remember Macarthur was saying you are not saved unless you followed jesus as your lord on top of having faith. Everything else was cheap faith he called easy believism.

Ýep, I'm working to have your medical taken away and I'm saying you aren't a real saved christian. Why can't we be friends?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grandpa2390

The Grey
Feb 24, 2017
New Orleans
✟42,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
How dare one have a chasm in a relationship when you say your friend shouldn't get support for his or her disability. You should feel free to call them at player gamer user. Obviously they should be adult and take whatever you deal.

Last I remember Macarthur was saying you are not saved unless you followed jesus as your lord on top of having faith. Everything else was cheap faith he called easy believism.

Ýep, I'm working to have your medical taken away and I'm saying you aren't a real saved christian. Why can't we be friends?

https://www.gty.org/library/articles/A114/an-introduction-to-lordship-salvation

makes sense to me... Perhaps you misunderstood.

Sixth, Scripture teaches that Jesus is Lord of all, and the faith He demands involves unconditional surrender (Romans 6:17-18; 10:9-10). In other words, Christ does not bestow eternal life on those whose hearts remain set against Him (James 4:6). Surrender to Jesus' lordship is not an addendum to the biblical terms of salvation; the summons to submission is at the heart of the gospel invitation throughout Scripture. In contrast, easy-believism teaches that submission to Christ's supreme authority is not germane to the saving transaction.

easy-believism... and though every one of those nine principles are obvious and scriptural, if you dare espouse them, you are considered a "Pharisee".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paulie079

Supporter
May 5, 2014
✟238,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wanted to post this on Facebook, but I don't want to give people a platform on there to say dumb stuff so...I'm sharing it here.

Today, simply through a brief scrolling of Facebook, I have seen that a horrible decision was made regarding the U.S. military, that a church planter, pastor, and husband with two children in California has been arrested and told he is "deportable," and I saw a photo of the team of 115 White House interns, out of which 113 are white.
This is exactly what I feared when I was vocal about my feelings regarding Donald Trump last year. This is not a better America; in fact, it is significantly worse. The Bible talks about the importance of prayer. I will be doing that, mostly asking God to end the misery of this presidency before things get worse.

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's exactly what I was thinking, I should probably ask a doctor about this. It has been going on all month. ^-^' Thank you for the suggestion.

Being a gamer girl is definitely a good thing. x3

I do like Zelda games. :) Don't have a Nintendo Switch yet, though.

Yes they are, and gamer guys are too haha.
Haha thanks; I don't have a Switch, but I definitely want to get one. I've always been a fan of Nintendo.

ugh. that game is so overrated. I say that as a die hard Zelda fan. I buy the consoles just to play Zelda. And then I never touch them again. BotW is so dull and boring. I applaud their attempt to change the formula. But this was a flop. The temples were weak. The story was weak. The final boss was weak. The shrines.... copied and pasted across the world. weapons that break after a couple hits
The RAIN!!!

It had some positives. I hope they take the good things about the old games (I missed the classic tools) and combine it with the positives. I liked the cooking :)
Horseback riding was a bit fun... but useless and boring because of the mountainous terrain.
Oh wow, really? I haven't played it myself, but I've certainly heard a lot about it. I was a little skeptical when they announced the addition of RPG features in the game.

Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Grandpa2390

The Grey
Feb 24, 2017
New Orleans
✟42,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oh wow, really? I haven't played it myself, but I've certainly heard a lot about it. I was a little skeptical when they announced the addition of RPG features in the game.

it does have some good qualities. but it gets pretty dull and frustrating after a short while. dull from lack of interesting puzzles and equipment. as well as the vast quantity of mundane ones.
Frustrating from constantly breaking weapons, climbing is a chore due to the energy meter and the rain, etc.

the thing is that it is a Zelda Game. and automatically, just like with pokemon, it is going to get a 10/10 simply because it is Zelda. Just like pokemon is going to get a 10/10 even though it is the same game with the same story just different sprites. The only good pokemon game... was the first one you played ;)

I love the Zelda franchise, but they sacrificed too much of what makes Zelda, Zelda in order to make it open world. Got rid of the equipment (because it made the games linear), no instrument and so no music or even a real soundtrack, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CodyFaith

Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,564.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Grandpa2390

The Grey
Feb 24, 2017
New Orleans
✟42,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Seems like it's going to come sooner than I thought. Satan is preparing people to get used to this idea it seems. He already has been, but now it's become bolder.
meh.
300 dollars so I can open doors and buy food from the breakroom.... so dumb

Upvote 0

Paulie079

Supporter
May 5, 2014
✟238,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wow, so we were just talking about this in this thread - the mark of the beast.

And then I just saw this pop up on yahoo news today:
Installing microchips in employees is 'the right thing to do,' CEO says

Wow.

Seems like it's going to come sooner than I thought. Satan is preparing people to get used to this idea it seems. He already has been, but now it's become bolder.

Okay, so this is actually a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

For anyone who has been a Christian for more than a few years, somehow we have all acquired this knowledge that microchips are talked about in Revelation and that they automatically equate to the mark of the beast, implying that anyone who has them will go to hell.

First of all, there are a lot of conclusions being jumped to with this. Microchips in and of themselves are amoral just like any inanimate object is. How is there anything sinful about getting one implanted into your hand? There are definitely ethical issues involved with this without a doubt, but how is this sinful?
Secondly, we are told that anyone who puts their faith in Christ alone for their salvation will be saved. We can't just throw that out the window by saying that if you get a microchip, you are automatically going to hell. If this ever even became reality, there have to be other caveats in play.
Thirdly, if you actually examine what it says in Revelation, the "mark" it talks about has to be symbolic of "the beast" and somehow be associated with the number "666," and there is no indication this is the case with microchips in any way.

We can talk about microchipping human beings from an ethical standpoint, but to say microchip implants are definitely the mark of the beast talked about in Revelation is an extreme conclusion to leap to, and when you actually take time to think it out there is very little basis for it.
And just to add to that, even people in the secular world have issues with this. I just ran across an NPR article today that said that microchip implants basically make the human body a bar code--that it dehumanizes a person. And I bet if you took a survey, an overwhelming majority of people would be opposed to ever having a microchip implant. There are a lot of people who aren't Christians who are way too paranoid to ever let that happen to them.
So all that to say...the whole thing has been espoused by modern day doomsday preachers and there just isn't any basis to make the connection that everyone is making.

• Agree
Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0

Grandpa2390

The Grey
Feb 24, 2017
New Orleans
✟42,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thirdly, if you actually examine what it says in Revelation, the "mark" it talks about has to be symbolic of "the beast" and somehow be associated with the number "666," and there is no indication this is the case with microchips in any way.

... Keeping in mind that the number "666" is symbolic in and of itself, representing the beast's aspiration to be God, but falling short.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.