Aug 18, 2015
✟328,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like atleast a dislike or disagree button. :sorry: I'd rather get a disagree/dislike rating rather than someone saying "HEY you there! You stink!" :p

I find myself though on facebook now looking for the "agree" button. lol

Yeah this is definitely why I think its better to add in some way of saying you disapprove of a post. I mean we have that option everywhere including youtube. It is much better when words that are within the rules are hard to find, to just click dislike and be done with it.

Upvote 0

Grandpa2390

The Grey
Feb 24, 2017
New Orleans
✟42,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
IF that whole mark of the beast thing in Revelation is even literal (like, whatever form the mark takes you actively appropriate it and are forever condemned to the side of Satan and Evil, never to be able to come to Jesus Christ), I sincerely doubt a person who already believes in Christ can actually "fall into a trick" and somehow totally defect to the Antichrist. I REALLY think that if the popular futurist/literal-rapture-and-tribulation view of Revelation is correct, then you actually have to be unsaved at the time you accept the mark and with a dormant desire to worship a man or other entity who plays at god like the Antichrist instead of God Himself.

I mean, I go by sheer logic here, along with the majority of Scripture that I believe points to once a believer always a believer: Why would God make it so that you believe in Jesus Christ as Son of God and died for your sins and rose from the dead so that you too will be able to rise from death again one day, known as born again and indwelt by the Holy Spirit, .... and yet you can totally reverse all of that and be condemned to the second death - no eternal life for you (emphasis on the word life) - just by accepting a stupid microchip and suddenly, SURPRISE! IT WAS THE MARK OF THE DEVIL! You are now irrevocably an unbeliever!

I just don't see that, you know?

Isn't there a verse that says explicitly that He will keep his elect from being deceived otherwise they too would fall?

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: LadyOfMystery
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OMM: I feel like it's my duty to wake Singles up from this weird coma it's suddenly in. Did I kill it with the awards or something? lol

Yeah that exhausted us all, but thats the price we all pay for one of the most coveted awards ceremony besides like the oscars. :) Also are you sure mehguy got more votes for funniest poster than me?:rolleyes:

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Isn't there a verse that says explicitly that He will keep his elect from being deceived otherwise they too would fall?

I don't remember if there is, actually, at least not explicitly. But even if there was not an explicit verse saying that He protects believers (or the elect, depending on your view of free will versus God's sovereignty) from ever going back to unsaved status in any way, just to me common sense rules out that people who are already believers can just take some sort of physical mark by accident - thinking it a mere identification device - and "boom!" suddenly they worship man/Satan and no longer belong to Christ.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Am so tried

Which reminds me, Fire Girl, I finally got where the "if we burn, then you burn with us" quote in your signature comes from. Only just now did I actually read any of the Hunger Games books past the first one, and I gotta say, while I liked the last one well enough, it sure did seem depressing. Especially with the violent depictions of the fighting as she and her group tried to invade the capital city. Constant politics, betrayals, unexpected assassinations, self-loathing, violent tendencies .... That Katniss sure did have to go through some serious crap in her life, both physically and emotionally. But I was glad to see she at least found some thread of happiness at the tail end of the story and made her peace, without turning to suicide.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
smh
where is the rating button for "not funny" "disagree" or whatever you suggested earlier ;)

Choose wisely my friend. I mean do you think people would rather look at your avy or mine like come on bruh.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Grandpa2390

The Grey
Feb 24, 2017
New Orleans
✟42,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't remember if there is, actually, at least not explicitly. But even if there was not an explicit verse saying that He protects believers (or the elect, depending on your view of free will versus God's sovereignty) from ever going back to unsaved status in any way, just to me common sense rules out that people who are already believers can just take some sort of physical mark by accident - thinking it a mere identification device - and "boom!" suddenly they worship man/Satan and no longer belong to Christ.
Matthew 24:22-24 I think might be the verses I am thinking of?
Matt 24:22-Matt 24:24 NASB
Unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short. Then if anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is the Christ,’ or ‘There He is,’ do not believe him. For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.

as for sovereignty/ free will

it is a paradox, a duality. Human Responsibility and Divine Sovereignty somehow are both responsible. I am not a master of the theology, but the more I study it, the more it matches what I read in scripture, even if I do not understand the paradox.
Same with the trinity.

Same with the duality of light. Even if I do not understand it, the more I study it, the more it matches the experiments.

as for the mark... I highly doubt it will tangible. As much is obvious that the mark of the beast, the number of his name, 666 is not literal. it is symbolic. Just like with the dimensions of the statue of Nebuchadnezzar
7 represents perfection, godliness, holiness, etc.
6 represents humanity, imperfection, falliness.

in the numeric system of the day, 6 is to 7 what 9 is to 10 in our system. Their number system was based on sixes. saying that his mark/number is 666 is like saying 999. it is as close as you can't get to 7 (or 10) without actually getting there. It is a picture of a being who is striving to reach the place of God, but never making it.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.