Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The update notes for discord ios app ended with this sentence: “Less blewing up.” ^_^ I don’t normally notice typos/spelling errors in patch notes. ^_^

• Haha
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ah, Billy Graham has died :(

99 years of a Christ-filled life of service. I'd say we should be happy that He's finally with the Lord he so tirelessly worked to served. Billy will finally meet Jesus face to face and be told, "Well done, my faithful servant".

• Agree
Reactions: CodyFaith
Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Reason #1 why I own a gun...
Someone just tried to break in. The cops are on the way but I live way out in the country so who knows when they'll get here. Guy ran off. Thankfully I am safe. People, there are two legged and four legged "critters"...

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The update notes for discord ios app ended with this sentence: “Less blewing up.” ^_^ I don’t normally notice typos/spelling errors in patch notes. ^_^
Just as long as they fixed the "blewing up" issue I'm good lol; our server has crashed a couple times in the past.

Someone just tried to break in. The cops are on the way but I live way out in the country so who knows when they'll get here. Guy ran off. Thankfully I am safe. People, there are two legged and four legged "critters"...
Sorry to hear about that, but glad you're safe. That's exactly why I like having a shotgun on hand, crime in my neighborhood has gotten out of control lately.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Might have an opportunity to expand the dev team soon - I'm getting requests from play-testers, someone to help with music / sound effects, modelers and a artist. We really need help, so I hope and pray God provides what we need soon.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

So glad you're okay. I'm glad you're armed, especially since you're secluded in the country. Very prudent to have a firearm handy just in case.

• Agree
Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Well shoot, I'm sorry to hear that! I bet that must have scared the crap out of you!

I'm glad to know you're OK. I guess guns might be more handy out in rural areas thanks to incidents like this.

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
So glad to hear you're okay, @Travelers.Soul. That doesn't sound fun.

Here's something I drew that @Wayholka suggested. Thanks for the idea! ^_^

272654_d6677e67103d22c0c441f44615beacc6.png

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thanks everyone, the sheriff just left. It is comical in a twisted sort of way. It took him over 2 hours to get here for various reasons, one being no one could figure out where I live. They finally had to call the state police and get help to figure it out. Thank God it wasn't a life or death situation. He was very nice but honestly I don't feel very safe right now. Thank God we have guns because if it was a serious emergency we'd be on our own for a while.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know for some people it's really pleasing to listen to but for me it's enraging- I hate chewing noises and clicking and stuff irl, so asmr feels like that on steroids to me. Does it work for you?

I am so glad to know I am not the only person on the planet who is driven insane by such a seemingly minor thing like those sounds. :puff:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks everyone, the sheriff just left. It is comical in a twisted sort of way. It took him over 2 hours to get here for various reasons, one being no one could figure out where I live. They finally had to call the state police and get help to figure it out. Thank God it wasn't a life or death situation. He was very nice but honestly I don't feel very safe right now. Thank God we have guns because if it was a serious emergency we'd be on our own for a while.

Yikes. He probably felt very bad like he totally dropped the ball, especially since it could have been a more serious situation. Without question, you should always have a loaded firearm there now. Hopefully now you're kind of in the system and they'll be able to find the place if you ever need help again.

Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Catholic schools’ test scores often better than public schools: C.D. Howe report | Toronto Star

They may be in hot water over gay-straight alliances, but Ontario Catholic schools outshine public schools in straight-up achievement, suggests a report from the C.D. Howe Institute.

Of the top 29 schools in Ontario — based on a fancy formula that screens out family factors that give some schools an edge — 17, or nearly two-thirds, are Catholic even though the public system is twice as large.

Across the GTA, nine of the 20 top-scoring schools are Catholic, according to Ontario’s Best Public Schools, produced by the think tank every three years. The report takes three years of Grade 3 and 6 test scores from Ontario’s 4,000 public and Catholic schools and adjusts for demographic advantages such as a high number of educated parents, or students who have lived in Canada for more than three years or speak English or French at home, or even a high proportion of girls (girls tend to do better at tests).

“Maybe they’re more selective, or maybe Catholic schools just try harder because they know parents can always switch their kids to the public system,” mused economics professor David Johnson.

Education professor Ben Levin, of the University of Toronto, warned against ranking school systems by test scores that may differ only slightly — “a 2 per cent gap can reflect just one student, depending on the size of a school” — but noted that Catholic schools may be more selective about which students they keep.

In the United States, Catholic schools tend to score better, but they’re private schools that, because of the fees, draw richer, more educated families.

The magic factor may be that a special focus of any kind, including religion, makes a school more engaging, education professor Michael Fullan has suggested in the past; “a sense of shared community values” may help children focus on learning.

The new study also shows that Grade 6 students who attend middle schools are 5 per cent less likely to pass province-wide tests than their peers at K-8 schools.

“It may be that adding one more transition — a move to a middle school — could make it harder,” suggested Johnson, a professor at Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo.

St. Teresa Catholic School in Etobicoke is ranked in the top five Toronto Catholic schools for beating its socio-economic odds. Based on the background of its students, its pass rate on test scores should have been nearly 5 points below the Ontario average, yet it was 22 points higher.

“We don’t have a magic bullet, but it comes down to good teaching and lots of programs to help students who have trouble writing,” said former principal John Neralich.

Even one problem can derail a school’s test scores. Etobicoke’s St. Luigi Catholic School scored well in Grade 3 but low in Grade 6, largely because of weak Grade 6 math scores. In particular, “it was the multiple-choice questions that killed us,” explained Principal Tony Casole. The largely Portuguese-speaking students struggled with the nuanced language of these problems, so teachers have focused on boosting those skills.

Highland Heights Junior Public School in Scarborough also scored poorly, yet its test scores on are on the rise, and a school survey shows children feel happy, safe and welcome, noted principal David Williams.

The school is opening a girls’ leadership academy this fall for Grades 4 to 6 that will promote confidence and present female role models.

“Parents always ask about test scores, but I tell them to come see the school,” said Williams. “Test scores aren’t the whole story.”

I can confirm this. In my town, there are only two high schools: Catholic and Public. The Catholic school I went to was a passable school with relativity good educational standards while the public school, from what I personally heard and experienced, has worse bullying, teachers who try to be your friend than a mentor, and if I stayed in the public school I would have graduated with a fraction of my class not being eligible for graduation.

At least Christian schools have standards even if they're not the most diverse of all faiths, creeds, and whatnot.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Catholic schools’ test scores often better than public schools: C.D. Howe report | Toronto Star

I can confirm this. In my town, there are only two high schools: Catholic and Public. The Catholic school I went to was a passable school with relativity good educational standards while the public school, from what I personally heard and experienced, has worse bullying, teachers who try to be your friend than a mentor, and if I stayed in the public school I would have graduated with a fraction of my class not being eligible for graduation.

At least Christian schools have standards even if they're not the most diverse of all faiths, creeds, and whatnot.
That's very interesting!

I probably would have done better in a Catholic school, but it was too expensive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Not if you went to the Christian private school that I attended in my high school years. It was really no different than the public schools in town other than everyone walking around pretending to be a good righteous conservative. >_>

.... Although that same school was where I met my longtime homeboy Lantis and the lovely Sarah I once fell in love with, so I guess I can't complain about it too much. ^_^

Upvote 0

Paulie079

Site Supporter
May 5, 2014
✟238,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ready for the US/Canada hockey gold medal game tonight. It's gonna be a wild ride!

I just wish it were a little earlier in the evening lol. I'm still debating about whether or not to stay up for it.

• Agree
Reactions: leothelioness
Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Just as long as they fixed the "blewing up" issue I'm good lol; our server has crashed a couple times in the past.

I'm happy they fixed it so that every time the app is launched it will open the message that it was on before. It was a little annoying to always have to find the message again.
Apparently they’ve fixed some of the channel issues too.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

By order of the Peaky blinders
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not if you went to the Christian private school that I attended in my high school years. It was really no different than the public schools in town other than everyone walking around pretending to be a good righteous conservative. >_>

.... Although that same school was where I met my longtime homeboy Lantis and the lovely Sarah I once fell in love with, so I guess I can't complain about it too much. ^_^

The Catholic school I went to was mostly kids who were either atheist or didn't care for religion. Academically, it was the better of the two.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.