Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Did it close because of post count? 1,028 posts seems like a random number to split a thread, but whatever...

Continuing on with the discussion in the previous thread:

No, football is Americas favorite pass time. Proof is in the history of this nation. Just ask Native Americans.

2 sides, One fighting to gain land by force, the other side trying to stop them. Yard by yard til reaching the goal.:p

Baseball just came about because the aggression of not taking land made people wanna hit something with a stick. Then when they made a sport about it and baseball became irrelevant. :D

Baseball to me is just boring, hit a ball run. The "defensive" side simply catches or throws.
:|

950 games of that a season, no thanks.

That's a completely arbitrary statement. Baseball is the de jure pastime, it always has been. Football has never been referred to officially or unofficially as America's pastime. Baseball predates football by about 31 years (as first played by the codified rules) if not more. So yes, the proof is in the history of this nation. Baseball was established in 1838 and Football was established in 1869.

It's fine that you think baseball is boring, we all have a right to our opinion, but don't commit a Straw Man fallacy to support an illegitimate claim.

Did you ever play baseball competitively? Have you ever run down a line drive or turned a double play? Try not striking out on a 90mph four-seam fastball or an 78mph change up. Baseball players work and prepare just as hard as football players. They play 162 games per year, sometimes for two straight weeks without a day off, that requires a ridiculous level of strength, endurance and stamina.

I love football, I was raised with a football coach for a father and have been bred to bleed 49ers red and gold, and when Week One of the regular season comes I'm completely immersed in the NFL, unless the Giants are in the playoffs. But objectively speaking, baseball is still our national pastime.

Sorry, NFL: Baseball is still America's pass time
America's Pastime: 20 Reasons Why Baseball Will Always Hail Over Football
Is Baseball Still the National Pastime?

Reactions: Dreger
Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
6th post! :asd:
7th post...okay, probably not the post quality we'd like here.

Then again, I'd be more likely to say "Gee, I'm doing laundry, yay!" than to post something profound.

Upvote 0

Owlette

Mar 21, 2012
✟95,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
7th post...okay, probably not the post quality we'd like here.

Then again, I'd be more likely to say "Gee, I'm doing laundry, yay!" than to post something profound.

Baha. :ahah: Quality shmality :asd: It's much easier to just post for the sake of posting, without actually saying anything. :preach: <<Ooo. I missed that smiley. ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sundewgrower

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2014
somewhere
✟110,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
So my family & I are moving to Austin sometime this year... Somehow my 19 year old sister found a guy there online already..
Kinda strange but I guess she's known him for a month, which is really short in the scheme of things in my book. But she was burned by her first boyfriend, and is rather savvy for cutting through crap.
So now she wants to stay with my grandparents in Dallas, and then he will drive to see her from Austin. He seems like a good one, but I'm naturally supicious, and just hope it goes well since a month is short.

it's funny since she is super blunt, and has been very distanced until recently. My parents spoke to her for a few hours, and it was very nice to see her warm up some over this year. She said she isn't really attracted to white people as the guy has an interesting heritage.. It's funny since we're all white. I showed her a photo of my Chinese friend, and my parents joked they'll have a lot of different grand kids. It's just really nice to see things make sense sometimes. I doubt this guy will be the one for her, or my friend will be it either. But I'm glad she is realizing she has plenty of guys to pick from, and that she is becoming more of a sister now a days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So my family & I are moving to Austin sometime this year... Somehow my 19 year old sister found a guy there online already..
Kinda strange but I guess she's known him for a month, which is really short in the scheme of things in my book. But she was burned by her first boyfriend, and is rather savvy for cutting through crap.
So now she wants to stay with my grandparents in Dallas, and then he will drive to see her from Austin. He seems like a good one, but I'm naturally supicious, and just hope it goes well since a month is short.

it's funny since she is super blunt, and has been very distanced until recently. My parents spoke to her for a few hours, and it was very nice to see her warm up some over this year. She said she isn't really attracted to white people as the guy has an interesting heritage.. It's funny since we're all white. I showed her a photo of my Chinese friend, and my parents joked they'll have a lot of different grand kids. It's just really nice to see things make sense sometimes. I doubt this guy will be the one for her, or my friend will be it either. But I'm glad she is realizing she has plenty of guys to pick from, and that she is becoming more of a sister now a days.

Sounds like she's growing up. I've seen a lot of teenagers who shut themselves out from the world, and then open up as they mature.

I would exercise caution. 19 year old girls are not known for good judgment in relationships, and a month is a small amount of time. Living with grandparents sounds like a great idea: she has a support network in them, if something goes sour with the guy.

Some people's avatars and titles are interesting and amusing to me. I read "fear the Taco" and I wonder what inside joke I'm missing, lol.

Everyone here is at least mildly crazy... But most of us are crazy in good ways. You'll get used to it. :)

Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,533.00
Faith
Christian
Miles is no longer the first post.

blog-what-a-time-to-be-alive.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
May 6, 2015
✟356.00
Faith
Protestant
Don't know how I feel about all this responsibility.
I think it means that should this Chris Bot or something like it return to close and reopen new versions of threads with the same title, you shall forever be - Patrick Bateman - starter of the new What's On Your Mind thread in Singles.

Even if you leave. Even if you die. Even if you find the love of your life and get kicked out of Singles. Even if you become disgusted with this forum and flip a bunch of people off.

Feeling the weight of what seemed such a light decision yet? Are ya? ARE YA?

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I think it means that should this Chris Bot or something like it return to close and reopen new versions of threads with the same title, you shall forever be - Patrick Bateman - starter of the new What's On Your Mind thread in Singles.

Even if you leave. Even if you die. Even if you find the love of your life and get kicked out of Singles. Even if you become disgusted with this forum and flip a bunch of people off.

Feeling the weight of what seemed such a light decision yet? Are ya? ARE YA?

You remind of a particular Broncos fan.

Upvote 0
May 6, 2015
✟356.00
Faith
Protestant
You remind of a particular Broncos fan.

Oh, well this is interesting. I personally don't know any Broncos fans, but you know particular ones? Have you attended enough of their games to get to know some of the people, or wait...do you mean here on this forum?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.