Aug 24, 2006
✟21,263.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How It's Made is a documentary type show, I guess is the best way to describe it. They take you to the factories where various things are made and show you how a product is made from start to finish. Things like: hearing aids, artificial eyes, dentures, chalkboards, charcoal briquettes, fire logs like Duraflame, mirrors, pianos, (an episode on which I saw the piano parts I sell on a piano that was being made) etc. I mean just everything you can imagine. And the items on the show vary greatly. The shows aren't themed. So you could watch a show where wetsuits are made and then learn how chalkboards or clothes hangers are made. It's really cool.

Hey Mr. Rogers used to have a segment like that! ^_^

Sounds like a show we'd like.

Upvote 0

MaidforHim

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2006
✟21,263.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:wave:
There you are! lol

The A Team -- I used to have a mad crush on Dirk Benedict for awhile
(is that his name?)
K, I checked, yep that was him

DirkBenedictApr.jpg

Me too! He was "Face" on A Team and "Starbuck" on Battlestar Galactica! LOL Now my daughter thinks he's a cutie - LOL Hmmm, I'm feeling a little old all of a sudden :o

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
:wave:
There you are! lol

The A Team -- I used to have a mad crush on Dirk Benedict for awhile
(is that his name?)
K, I checked, yep that was him

DirkBenedictApr.jpg

Ahhh!!! My eyes!!! They bleed!!! Gay guy overload!!! ^_^

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
K.... I think How it's made is a guy show - like mythbusters lol

Probly dirty jobs too

:holy:

I'm not much into sitcoms anymore since they've gotten really filthy these days.

Yeah Dirty Jobs is definitely a guy show. I'm a guy and I usually can't stomach some of the jobs Mike Rowe has to do. But I did catch an episoe of it duriing Shark Week that wasn't too bad. He was hanging out with the Coast Guard and they had him scraping Barnacles off the underside of a buoy. You'd probably have done through the roof though. Your PETA side would have gotten all up, because well Barnacles are alive and do die during their removal.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Me too! He was "Face" on A Team and "Starbuck" on Battlestar Galactica! LOL Now my daughter thinks he's a cutie - LOL Hmmm, I'm feeling a little old all of a sudden :o
Hmmm, now I'm wondering if that picture was taken in black & white becuz color film wasn't created yet?
LOL ^_^ :p

Ahhh!!! My eyes!!! They bleed!!! Gay guy overload!!! ^_^
Oh stop it, he wasn't gay!

(was he?) I'd of been crushed as a young girl to know that.
lol

Reactions: PeacaHeaven
Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Other shows I watch regularly are Tabitha's Salon Takeover, Project Runway, Top Chef & Hell's Kitches (both in btwn seasons) & Rachel Zoe Project

I kinda like the competition type shows - I dislike the real estate type shows and esp. that newer one that came out with the mega rich young kids selling high end homes. ugh.

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hmmm, now I'm wondering if that picture was taken in black & white becuz color film wasn't created yet?
LOL ^_^ :p

Oh stop it, he wasn't gay!

(was he?) I'd of been crushed as a young girl to know that.
lol

THAT is a gay picture and since he's the only one in that picture, I'll leave you to deduce for yourself what that means or to go to the deeper part of Denial River. ^_^

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh, but I DID read just today in a news article that Clay Aiken from Amer. Idol is confirming that he is in fact "GAY".

who knew!????????

:o

Um... EVERYBODY!!!! ^_^ I'm surprised Boy George didn't out Clay, like he outed George Michael. LOL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Other shows I watch regularly are Tabitha's Salon Takeover, Project Runway, Top Chef & Hell's Kitches (both in btwn seasons) & Rachel Zoe Project

I kinda like the competition type shows - I dislike the real estate type shows and esp. that newer one that came out with the mega rich young kids selling high end homes. ugh.

Yeah, but there's one show with a gay guy who's "crazy" has like OCD or something and he buys homes and flips 'em for sale. It's called Fliipping Out or something. A very telling title if you ask me. LOL

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Um... EVERYBODY!!!! ^_^ I'm surprised Boy George didn't out Clay, like he outed George Michael. LOL
Gosh, I must be missing all the drama out there in Celebrity land

George Michael has new [old] problems again
http://www.tmz.com/2008/09/21/george-michael-busted-in-another-bathroom/

George Michael hasn't learned that public toilets are bad for his career. London police arrested Michael in his home away from home (a bathroom) for being in possession of both class A and C drugs.

British law states that class A drugs can include crack cocaine.

The often troubled pop singer was arrested on Friday in an underground loo in the Hampstead Heath area after cops were tipped off by a suspicious toilet attendant. George was released after being cautioned -- and no further action against the singer will be taken at this time.

In 1998, Michael was arrested in a Beverly Hills bathroom for soliciting sex to an undercover police officer.

This kind of stuff makes me happy I live a normal life - he must be miserable

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, but there's one show with a gay guy who's "crazy" has like OCD or something and he buys homes and flips 'em for sale. It's called Fliipping Out or something. A very telling title if you ask me. LOL
that's the one I was trying to think of - ya he's become quite the celebrity lately.
My husband actually got interested in that drama for a few weeks of last season. I dreaded it.

He's like a clean freak & everything has to be in order. Kinda like the husband from that movie "Sleeping w/ the enemy" w/ the towel issue

:/ (not a problem I seem to remotely have) :swoon:

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Oh, I can't stand that show! My husband and I like to watch some of the "flip" shows and home reno type shows. But that particular one is horrible. That guy is so annoying! I get stressed out just watching him. I could never ever work with someone like that.

Reactions: Nadiine
Upvote 0

MaidforHim

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2006
✟21,263.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
THAT is a gay picture and since he's the only one in that picture, I'll leave you to deduce for yourself what that means or to go to the deeper part of Denial River. ^_^

No, no, your just too young to remember that that "was" stylish back then. However, while looking for a more ... "manly" pic I found a little bio that said he was born in 1945, that's only one year younger than MY MOM! If I had known that back when I was a teenager I would have had a crush on Apollo instead ^_^

starbuckgun.jpg

So manly he made Cylon's everywhere shake in their shiny plastic boots! :tutu:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Izdaari Eristikon

Mar 12, 2007
Post Falls, Idaho
✟32,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm, what do I watch?

Nothing regularly, but when I'm in the mood...

Frasier
The Simpsons
Family Guy
South Park
Star Trek: TNG
Star Trek: Voyager
Magnum P.I.
Walker, Texas Ranger
Law & Order: SVU
The Sopranos
The Shield
Good Eats
Iron Chef America
random History Channel stuff
random Discovery Channel stuff
random MMA fights
Hannity & Colmes
The O'Reilly Factor
several TV preachers (Joyce Meyers, Joseph Prince, Jack Hayford, Perry Stone, Charles Stanley, Michael Youssef, etc.)

Reactions: desmalia
Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Fringe,
House,
Battle Star Galactica,
that 70's show,
firefly,
Stargate SG1,
Ghost hunters,

I actually don't watch a lot of TV, but when I do watch, those are the shows I look for.
Alot of House fans around here. I see Ghost Hunters too =) :thumbsup:

I've never heard of Firefly...

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, no, your just too young to remember that that "was" stylish back then. However, while looking for a more ... "manly" pic I found a little bio that said he was born in 1945, that's only one year younger than MY MOM! If I had known that back when I was a teenager I would have had a crush on Apollo instead ^_^

starbuckgun.jpg

So manly he made Cylon's everywhere shake in their shiny plastic boots! :tutu:

I'm not that young missy! hehehe I watched both Battlestar Galactica and the A-Team. But I suppose you're gonna tell me that all those guys in Members Only jackets were straight too. LOL Now where did I put my teef. While typing this out I saw a commercial for the Snuggie. www.getsnuggie.com It looked like a bunch of Cardinals doing everyday things. LOL

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not that young missy! hehehe I watched both Battlestar Galactica and the A-Team. But I suppose you're gonna tell me that all those guys in Members Only jackets were straight too. LOL Now where did I put my teef. While typing this out I saw a commercial for the Snuggie. www.getsnuggie.com It looked like a bunch of Cardinals doing everyday things. LOL
^_^^_^^_^

Hey, I bet there's a secret compartment sumwhar's in that thare Snuggie fer yer teef too!
LOL

I saw a tv show making fun of that blanket just last week and I was laughing so hard. (no offense if somebody has one - but does it have to be bright red of all colors???)
icon_eek.gif

Upvote 0