Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
A few years ago I listened to a John MacArthur sermon.
As most of us know He is a cessationist, and opposes any idea of Gifts of the spirit.

I believed his sermon was a big straw man due to his demonizing the church at Corinth.
But as he used it I believe that due to his trying to debunk the gifts.

He was right on one point the Church was out of order, they were having moral issues and were taking the Lord's supper incorrectly.
Most likely the Church was in discourse over the gifts as well.

I have come to the conclusion that Paul's letters to the Corinthians was incidental.
It was not intended to be the golden text for debate over the Gifts.
I believe the Baptism of the Holy Spirit was applied to all believers ,it was not optional.
The young Church had great Faith and Christ Himself gave the order of How the Gospel was to be taught.

Luke 3: 16. John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Acts 1: 4. And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. 5. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. 8. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 8: 14. Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: 15. Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: 16. (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) 17. Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

So what's missing today?

Religon has taken the commandment, and the Power that Christ intended for those in the body and done away with God in the process.
Remember The Holy Spirit is God.
As Christ is and The Father.
The devil has convinced Belivers the Spirit no longer operates as He did before.
The reason there was not a great deal of teaching on the Baptism of the Holy Ghost during Paul's and the other Apostles Church planting and preaching, is that there was no need.
The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is a fundamental part of being in the Body of Christ.
It's no wonder there is no unity ,because we are not united in Spirit.
Quench not the Spirit, and you will quench many sorrows.
I'm not promoting a lack of salvation due to a lack of being filled.
But we need the help and the Power God brings though the Baptism in order to be complete with the whole armor of God.
Every time I meet a spirit filled believer we both know , and confirm the truth in one accord.
You do not have to be told when someone you meet is filled, He is manifested in both of your hearts and you are like believers.
People today go seeking after the Holy Ghost , in the Apostles time it was a part of salvation.
The devil was a liar from the beginning.

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
John 13: 20. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

John 16: 7. Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9. Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10. Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11. Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. 12. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
How can Christians mess this up?

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Great post! I respect John MacArthur due to how much he has studied the scripture and for how long. I wish he was on our team when it came to the baptism lol.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
And man operates in titles, if you do not have a degree no one wants to hear.

Degrees are given to those who follow the doctrine of the degree, if the doctrine is corupt The degree gives entitlement to the fullness of the corruption.

Upvote 0

Jesusismyking87!!

Nov 3, 2018
Savannah
✟12,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Degrees are given to those who follow the doctrine of the degree, if the doctrine is corupt The degree gives entitlement to the fullness of the corruption.

Amen

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
A few years ago I listened to a John MacArthur sermon.
As most of us know He is a cessationist, and opposes any idea of Gifts of the spirit.

I believed his sermon was a big straw man due to his demonizing the church at Corinth.
But as he used it I believe that due to his trying to debunk the gifts.

He was right on one point the Church was out of order, they were having moral issues and were taking the Lord's supper incorrectly.
Most likely the Church was in discourse over the gifts as well.

I have come to the conclusion that Paul's letters to the Corinthians was incidental.
It was not intended to be the golden text for debate over the Gifts.
I believe the Baptism of the Holy Spirit was applied to all believers ,it was not optional.
The young Church had great Faith and Christ Himself gave the order of How the Gospel was to be taught.

Luke 3: 16. John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Acts 1: 4. And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. 5. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. 8. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 8: 14. Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: 15. Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: 16. (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) 17. Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

So what's missing today?

Religon has taken the commandment, and the Power that Christ intended for those in the body and done away with God in the process.
Remember The Holy Spirit is God.
As Christ is and The Father.
The devil has convinced Belivers the Spirit no longer operates as He did before.
The reason there was not a great deal of teaching on the Baptism of the Holy Ghost during Paul's and the other Apostles Church planting and preaching, is that there was no need.
The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is a fundamental part of being in the Body of Christ.
It's no wonder there is no unity ,because we are not united in Spirit.
Quench not the Spirit, and you will quench many sorrows.
I'm not promoting a lack of salvation due to a lack of being filled.
But we need the help and the Power God brings though the Baptism in order to be complete with the whole armor of God.
Every time I meet a spirit filled believer we both know , and confirm the truth in one accord.
You do not have to be told when someone you meet is filled, He is manifested in both of your hearts and you are like believers.
People today go seeking after the Holy Ghost , in the Apostles time it was a part of salvation.
The devil was a liar from the beginning.

Does speaking in tongues quench many sorrows or the blood of Jesus has already quenched sorrows on the cross 2000 years back?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Does speaking in tongues quench many sorrows or the blood of Jesus has already quenched sorrows on the cross 2000 years back?

I have no idea of what you are referencing in my post.
Would you like to clarify your question, as it relates to what I have posted?

Reactions: scottmcc2
Upvote 0