What's it really like being a political leader these days?

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I don't know what its like for political leaders in America or the UK,but in Australia, its hard for them to do what they really believe in. There are so many factions in a particular party, it is impossible to please all of them. Ignore them at your peril. Then the leader gets accused of being bland by trying to appease everyone.
Its tough being a leader. Maybe they start with lots of ideals about changing things close to their heart. Improving the economy, more jobs, better deal for the aged and so on. But soon realise, there is not enough cash in the bank to pay for everything. So the cost cutting begins and they are destined to get someone offside. Upset the rich and then they'll start an ad campaign against you. Upset the poor and you have the majority against you. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. No wonder, those people leave the job feeling frazzled and disheartened.

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I don't know what its like for political leaders in America or the UK,but in Australia, its hard for them to do what they really believe in. There are so many factions in a particular party, it is impossible to please all of them. Ignore them at your peril. Then the leader gets accused of being bland by trying to appease everyone.
Its tough being a leader. Maybe they start with lots of ideals about changing things close to their heart. Improving the economy, more jobs, better deal for the aged and so on. But soon realise, there is not enough cash in the bank to pay for everything. So the cost cutting begins and they are destined to get someone offside. Upset the rich and then they'll start an ad campaign against you. Upset the poor and you have the majority against you. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. No wonder, those people leave the job feeling frazzled and disheartened.

I have no clue; I'm not a political leader! :|^_^

Seriously, though... as I have observed many of the leaders, particularly the U.S. Presidents (because that's where I'm from), they tend to leave Office grayer and more haggard-looking than when they entered (and beyond more than mere aging, which is a given), more often than not, anyway. That may be a pretty good indicator that their schedules while in office are more hectic than any of us "commoners" can imagine. And therefore, it's understandable why they would have such a drastic change in appearance when all is said and done.

10 U.S. Presidents Before And After Their Terms In Office

I hope that makes sense. Not much else I can say.

:nowords:

Last edited:
Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟56,259.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single

Becoming a politician is like joining a corporation: you either do what is "good for business", or you get forced out. The difference between right or wrong just becomes a gray area that is used as their playground.

Upvote 0