What's Happening to the Sun? Could its unusual behavior herald a new ice age?

csp1073

Mar 18, 2009
Florida
✟15,121.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
God said in Revelations that the sun will become hotter in the end times

God said a lot of things in revelation that are relevant to what is going on now (or near future). People should read the current world news and revelation together, it seems as if they are written by the same author.

Upvote 0
Dec 10, 2008
✟15,162.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
God said a lot of things in revelation that are relevant to what is going on now (or near future). People should read the current world news and revelation together, it seems as if they are written by the same author.

yeah i agree.. its very fascinating

Upvote 0
K

Kharak

God said in Revelations that the sun will become hotter in the end times
If by that you mean, "The sun will get noticeably warmer in billions of years" then you would be right.

I could also say that the Earth will whither away as geological activity dies down afer billions of years too. Unless we are hit by a Mars-sized planetoid before that.

However, the time required for a significant rise of the sun' temperatures in the future does not concern the span of humanity; just like worrying about certain geological death.

Upvote 0
Dec 10, 2008
✟15,162.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
The fourth of the seven bowls results in the sun’s heat being intensified and causing great pain

Revelation 16:8-9: "The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was given power to scorch people with fire. They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him.

Upvote 0
K

Kharak

The fourth of the seven bowls results in the sun’s heat being intensified and causing great pain.

Yes, in several billions years that will be a problem.

Wasn't there a verse about people will constantly proclaim the end times are "near"? This is nothing compared to the Black Death, and people were quite surer of the Prophecy far more when a third of the European population perished.

Upvote 0
K

Kharak

look at the world today and whats happening and compare to what the Bible says. i feel we are living in the end times

I mentioned the Black Death for a very good reason.

If you think this is bad, I challenge you to live in Stalinist Russia or Maoist China and starve to death. I challenge you to fight in the trenches at the Somme and drown in the mud. I challenge you to live in the Depression as you lose your entire fortune and face starvation. I challenge you to fight to Moscow and freeze to death. I challenge you to live as a native American and die a horrible death from small pox. I challenge you to live as a poor farmer who will never see 40 or die immediately as an infant. I challenge you to eat bread with sand grit and eat with worn and aching teeth. I challenge you to live with scurvy and wake up every day to bleeding gums. I challenge you to live a life of slavery while your master may abuse you physically and sexually with no debate on the morality of it, for morality would be irrelevent in such times.

These are not the end times. People have said that for two thousand years, and they have a track record of being wrong and counterproductive to finding solutions for the present.

Upvote 0
Dec 10, 2008
✟15,162.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
well dont get too ahead of yourself.. first of all the antichrist hasnt even been revealed yet. when i say we are in the end times, it means i believe all those things are close to happening. obviously we are not in the tribulation period yet

Last edited:
Upvote 0
K

Kharak

well dont get too ahead of yourself.. first of all the antichrist hasnt even been revealed yet. when i say we are in the end times, it means i believe all those things are close to happening. obviously we are not in the tribulation period yet

Plenty of those too. Well that and Anti-Popes during the Middle Ages. Or simply multiple Popes.

I did not figure Climate Change factored into Left Behind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 22, 2008
Trondheim
✟9,941.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
For about 50 years from roughly 1650 to 1700, the Sun took a break from its typical sunspot activity. That phase of solar rest coincided with what we now refer to as "The Little Ice Age" -- a period of cooling on the Earth that resulted in bitterly cold winters, particularly in Europe and North America. Scientists attribute the Little Ice Age to two main causes: increased volcanic activity and reduced solar activity.

the sun hashad no sunspots for 3 or 4 years.

full acticle here>>>>>> What's Happening to the Sun? | Popular Science
It's all a liberal conspiracy to deprive us of our second amendment rights.

Upvote 0

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟116,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Could its unusual behavior herald a new ice age?

I certainly hope so - Southern summers are already too hot. Besides, it would be nice if I could snow ski in Arkansas rather than making that long trek to Colorado....

Upvote 0

canukian

Jan 23, 2009
canada
✟3,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
canukian, did you read the rest of the article, or did you intentionally omit this:

You're behaving just like another cog in the denialist machine, here to seed doubt when the rest of the world, and more importantly those in power and those with influence have accepted the science. And no you're no Gailileo, he was up against an ignorant heirarchy, you're up against the scientific method.

(And didn't you read the memo that the fossil fuel industry's scientists told their executives back in the 90's that the science showing that climate change is caused by our emissions cannot be refuted?)

i didnt read it.

stupid of me. sorry.

Upvote 0

canukian

Jan 23, 2009
canada
✟3,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Code:
I certainly hope so - Southern summers are already too hot. Besides, it would be nice if I could snow ski in Arkansas rather than making that long trek to Colorado....

them's fightin' words to folk in canada.

warm away!

Reactions: jameseb
Upvote 0