Visit site
✟1,027.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Powell is resigning...an he's just one of many who have followed suit. I can't say that I'm not surprised but, I'm disappointed, too. This man has achieved so much. Now, rumor is circulating that C. Rice is going to be his possible replacement. Great!? Just what we need...a woman who will never be able to fill his shoes. I know I'm a woman and it sounds like I'm bashing all women in general but...I'm not...JUST HER! I can just imagine the stories that will come out of this new event. Will we ever know the real reason that Powell resigned or will we be led to believe all kinds of lies?

Sorry...just had to rant a little!

yeshuaskid

Warrior in God's Army
Sep 26, 2004
Delaware
Visit site
✟1,027.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Rumor has it that she wants Rumsfelds job. My husband gets inside info and he says that Powell is most likely leaving because of conflicts with Rumsfeld. I agree that it's not unusual for members to resign after one term. Powell, however, has served more than that. He actually gave up his position while President Clinton was in office and only returned when President Bush got back in office. As far as Hillary Clinton running for president...I don't think she ever will. I think she would only run if she knew she had a chance. I think Rice is a very intelligent woman but current views of women in her role are still skeptical. I guess all we can really do is pray.

God Bless...

Upvote 0

BobbieDog

Jul 12, 2004
✟2,373.00
Faith
Other Religion
Rice is a machine person. Someone who does what has to be done. I don't see her as honest: and while undoubtedly clever, I don't see her as intelligent.
I suppose I see her as without values, other than those of a Machiavellian retention of power, and furtherance of career.
I was not impressed by her at the 9/11 enquiry. She applied her capacity to saving the boss'es ass: there was simply no sense of her commitment to evidence or truth integrity.
If GWB had really wanted to go bi-partizan, he could have offered the job to James Rubins. Rice is the wrong person, at the wrong time. The administration needed to replace the human qualities it possessed in having Powell in post: and instead, it has plumped for the mechanical glitter of apparent competence; at best she will prove a neutral element, in simply facilitating the GWB agenda.

Upvote 0

kurabrhm

Feb 23, 2004
Southampton, Hampshire, England.
Visit site
✟2,333.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
JVD said:
Actually, I'm kind of hoping Rice runs for president in 2008. What do you think...Condoleeza Rice vs Hillary Clinton. That's one for the books.

I'm not being sarcastic. I do support Rice.

I also respect Collin Powell, who doesn't? And it would be hard for anyone to fill his shoes.

BTW...which government do you like better than ours??

Rice is way too quiet and well mannered to carry on the republican legacy as it were. i dont think it would ever happen.
not surprised at powell's resignation though. He;s probably glad to go.

Upvote 0

RevSpiderMan

Nov 6, 2004
Very near a Starbucks
Visit site
✟185.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
BobbyDog, I must disagree about the 9/11 inquiry. I thought Condi did a great job. I was very proud to have her as our National Security Advisor. I thought she handled herself with professionalism and was great under fire. She is sincere and will be a very good Secretary of State, she will represent us well.

As for Hillary...she believes she is the savior of this nation. She is so arrogant, she will run believing that only an ignorant mass would not elect her.

Upvote 0

kurabrhm

Feb 23, 2004
Southampton, Hampshire, England.
Visit site
✟2,333.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Pray4Isrel said:
I adore Rice... she has integrity, is decisive and will accomplish more than Powell did, though I liked him also.

not much different from powell then!!
so it looks like we're in for a BIG change!! :sleep:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.