✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What does that mean in laymans terms?

Like you never seen a non-denom have it’s title “non-denomination” in the name of their church like the other denominations like “St Paul Episcopial church” or “St Thomas Baptist Church”

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Sometimes it’s called a Bible Church or Bible Chapel. But I’ve seen a couple where they said “non-denominational” in their title

Most time though they wouldn’t distinguish that in the naming of the church. The point is that it’s independent.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I've never driven down the road and seen a "non-denominational" Church. But I've seen every other kind. Why?
Because you never passed one, or didn't look in the right direction when you did.
(do you have a drivers license? is it denominational or non-denominational? )

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Like you never seen a non-denom have it’s title “non-denomination” in the name of their church like the other denominations like “St Paul Episcopial church” or “St Thomas Baptist Church”

Are you doubting my honesty? Yes, I've never seen it!

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because you never passed one, or didn't look in the right direction when you did.
(do you have a drivers license? is it denominational or non-denominational? )

I have a CDL license, bud. Class A. And I don't understand the last sentence in your parentheses.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've never driven down the road and seen a "non-denominational" Church. But I've seen every other kind. Why?
Usually a community church not affiliated with a major denomination such as Catholic, Episcopal, Methodist, Presbyterian, Southern Baptist etc.

Many of these churches are small such as meeting in a rented office or storefront space, meeting in a park, meeting in a house, or renting space in a public school on Sundays. Some of these non-denominational churches are mega-churches with thousands attending each week. One televangelist in Dallas had over 15,000 attending in a week.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What does that mean in laymans terms?
Well, I've seen countless non-denom churches. So when you say that you have not, I wonder if what you mean is only that you haven't seen one that has a sign out front proclaiming it to be Oakville Non-Denominational Church (or something like that).

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

AnnaDeborah

Aug 5, 2018
private
✟30,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the UK, they are often called 'chapels' or 'missions', usually either with the name of the town/village in front, e.g. 'Newtown Mission' or a place name from the Bible 'Bethel Chapel'. Or it will just be called Newtown Church for example. It's basically any church that isn't part of a group or affiliation, such as Baptist, Methodist, Anglican, Pentecostal...

Non-denominational is also a term used to describe individuals who don't feel particularly affiliated to any denomination. So, for example, although I am currently a member of a Baptist church, if someone asked my denomination, I wouldn't describe myself as Baptist, but as non-denominational. This is because whenever I move to a new area, I simply look for the nearest Bible-believing church, regardless of denomination, so if I move again, I may end up at a non-denominational church or at a church of a different denomination!

I don't know why you have been getting guarded responses, because non-denom churches certainly aren't a secret!

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It means it is a Mom and Pop business that has not joined a franchise.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How about one that says the maybe the name of a town followed by Community Church?
...And everytime I ask, I get some shrouded respose, like it's a secret or something.

Is this an underground church?
None of these answers are shrouded and I think we have answered this question before in another thread.

Anyway, post #11 answers your question very well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

2tim_215

Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2017
New York
✟105,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 1:10-13 (KJV)
10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Paul is telling us that Christ church should be unified. Those who claim to be
"non-denominational" are not associated with a particular group (or denomination such as Baptist, Pentecostal, Lutheran, seventh day Adventist, Methodist, etc.) and are simply associated with Christ.

Reactions: abysmul
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Can I go to a non-denominal Church? Even though I'm Catholic?
You can go to whichever church that have sound biblical doctrine.

But heads up a lot of the sacraments are basically void in a non-denominational Church. It’s a pretty bare bones approach.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0