✟1,347.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnMatthewNewman

Calvinist/Composer
Mar 15, 2015
Knoxville, TN
Visit site
✟7,638.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
If you're looking for something that easy to lead a congregation in, I'd say 'Set a Fire' from United Pursuit. But, if this is for a specific solo or special music, I'd recommend Harvest's "Curtains" or Misty Edwards "I Will Waste My Life."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BeforeThereWas

Seasoned Warrior
Mar 14, 2005
Midwest City, OK
✟10,560.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi I am starting to sing solos at my church and I was wondering on y'alls opinion about a good praise and worship song to sing.

I have lots of instrumentals I've played, mixed, and placed online that you can use for your instrument backing of several songs, some of which you can write your own lyrics. Songs such as:

To Him Who Sits on the Throne

Be Still my Soul

....and others that are in that same account on soundcloud.

BTW

Upvote 0

HannahElizaW

God Says It, THAT Settles It!
Feb 11, 2015
Oklahoma, USA
✟16,471.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
The song Awesome God (Live) by Hillsong United is one I've admired and strongly recommend.
Come Thou Fount Of Every Blessing is good too.
If it were possible (it..probably is a very slim chance)...the song You Reign by MercyMe was written by Steven Curtis Chapman. The piece is absolutely beautiful but I haven't heard of anyone singing it with just a choir (though I'd love to)...but the end of the song often "pulls the heartstrings".
Jesus Culture (or Coulture idrk) did a version of Break Every Chain (There Is Power) and it's mainly a solo artist backed by a choir and singing allongside the crowd.
I personally think Multiplied by NEEDTOBREATHE would be excellent in the Church.

I have a few more ideas but they're mainly just CCM (contemporary christian music).

Upvote 0

HannahElizaW

God Says It, THAT Settles It!
Feb 11, 2015
Oklahoma, USA
✟16,471.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
youth worship leader..
Well in that case, I'd think it be cool if you could tie in Rend Collective's Build Your Kingdom Here to your Youth group. Hillsong Young And Free was traditionally a youth group that wanted to spread the Message and lead on to music that plays a lot still on the radio.....Build Your Kingdom Here to me sounds like something very energetic and cool for the youth to play/sing/cover/etc.

Upvote 0