What's a accurate depiction of how Jesus handled being tortured and crucified?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

I don't know if any depiction I've seen is accurate or not... Now this might offend a few people, but I would like to present and alternative... That was a moment of great physical torture, I wonder if he never cried out at all, except for when the Bible says he did, if he bore it or took it, and I'm sorry I don't any other way to put this, but, "took it like a man"...?

That he strained vigorously, bu exerted himself very much, and never cried out or perhaps even flinched, remaining silent and strong though the whole ordeal...

I don't know if this is true or not, but I have wondered about it recently...

I've also wondered if the mental and heart torture and torment he went though, before, (but also yes, during and up to his death also), Anyways, I've also wondered if the mental and heart torture and torment he went though, before, may have made him be able to handle the physical torture in a very unique way...

Peace,

God Bless!

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's like a person who prays, "Lord increase my faith" and then finds himself in the middle of chaos and hardship and cries out "Why are you doing this to me?!" and I'm sitting by the side and say "It's because you prayed for your faith to be increased, and God is answering your prayer" and then we do this exchange:

giphy.gif

The point I'm wanting to make is in the perception. Jesus knew the secret of "bad things happening"; I would propose He handled it like any flesh man handles doing the most strenuous workout imaginable. Mentally accepting the pain, and acting in the flesh accordingly (a shout indicating an intense drive to accomplish the task at hand, etc.). It's all in how you perceive the "bad thing happening": if your perception is, gainless and needless thing to be avoided, you'll react in like manner in the flesh according to the manner of the mind; if it is, gainful and needful thing to be accepted, you'll react in like manner in the flesh according to the manner of the mind. Bad things can be perceived as either an ugly monster with a rod of meaningless woe, or, a beautiful woman with a sceptre of meaningful weal. The former you want to run from and resist; not so much the latter.

Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
"ouch! can you be careful of my wrists? I suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome, yaknow "

sorry Neo, i will think of a more serious post in a minute
I imagine he may have maybe closed his eyes for a moment maybe, and maybe gritted his teeth perhaps as it went in, but maybe didn't cry out or make a lot of noise...

But, my imagination could be wrong...

Peace,

God Bless

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I don't know if any depiction I've seen is accurate or not... Now this might offend a few people, but I would like to present and alternative... That was a moment of great physical torture, I wonder if he never cried out at all, except for when the Bible says he did, if he bore it or took it, and I'm sorry I don't any other way to put this, but, "took it like a man"...?

That he strained vigorously, bu exerted himself very much, and never cried out or perhaps even flinched, remaining silent and strong though the whole ordeal...

I don't know if this is true or not, but I have wondered about it recently...

I've also wondered if the mental and heart torture and torment he went though, before, (but also yes, during and up to his death also), Anyways, I've also wondered if the mental and heart torture and torment he went though, before, may have made him be able to handle the physical torture in a very unique way...

Peace,

God Bless!
He was wounded for our transgressions, bruised for our iniquity,
OUR judgment was upon Him, and by His stripes we are made whole.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I think at some stage, his body would've went into shock. So much trauma. Its beyond imagination.
He was the only one who could have done it probably and not go into shock...

It does say blood and water come out of his side, and their's a medical condition they say of the heart that this ties to, can't remember it, but it' s basically exerting yourself to the point that your heart explodes and bursts...

Peace,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Victory-N-Christ

God:Mighty -N-Power!!
Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi. Frankly it has always scared,shocked and saddened me to know that He died in such a violent way with such trauma to His body. I recently Googled a show that explained what the human body goes through when crucified and it was horrendous.

• Agree
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just as there were many who were appalled at him— his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any man and his form marred beyond human likeness— (Isaiah 52:14, 1984 NIV)

He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. (bold mine, Isaiah 53:3-5, 1984 NIV)

He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth. (bold mine, Isaiah 53:7, 1984 NIV)

Yet it was the LORD’S will to crush him and cause him to suffer, and though the LORD makes his life a guilt offering, he will see his offspring and prolong his days, and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand. (Isaiah 53:10, 1984 NIV)

After the suffering of his soul, he will see the light of life and be satisfied; by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, and he will bear their iniquities.
(Isaiah 53:11, 1984 NIV)

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Just as there were many who were appalled at him— his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any man and his form marred beyond human likeness— (Isaiah 52:14, 1984 NIV)

He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. (so that all and the final wrath of God against us could be satisfied)

But he was pierced for our transgressions, (he was taking our place, not his) he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.
(bold mine, Isaiah 53:3-5, 1984 NIV)

(It brought us peace).

He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth. (bold mine, Isaiah 53:7, 1984 NIV)

I bolded some things I wanted to say above...

(which kinda led me to me my theory, that not only did he not open his mouth or say anything, he was also pretty quiet, for the most part or silent for the most part, he might of, I don't know, but he might have spent a lot of times looking up, then back down and ahead, maybe...)

(Yet it was the LORD’S will to crush him and cause him to suffer, and though the LORD makes his life a guilt offering, he will see his offspring and prolong his days, and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand.
(Isaiah 53:10, 1984 NIV)

What is the original Hebrew word, for "LORD" here...?

Is it capital "L" "O" "R" "D", or "Lord"...?

From my background, I know capital LORD, means the name, "YHWH" specifically, which is the tetragrammatton which is undefinable and unpronounceable, in any single language that we know of... which is I think, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is part of the mystery of the divine name, of the tetragrammaton...

After the suffering of his soul, he will see the light of life and be satisfied; by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, and he will bear their iniquities.
(Isaiah 53:11, 1984 NIV)

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yahusha was humble, he did not retaliate or fight back. He knew his obligation to do the will of the Father Yahuah though he suffered greatly by being flogged, whipped, beaten to a pulp and then crucified.
But, also, strong, right...? A kind of strength that might have intimidated others, right...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus was strong beyond my ability to comprehend—the result of perfect faith and having suffered much of his life. Paul was also stronger than most people can understand. You can see guards being weak or unable to act against Jesus' in some situations in Scripture. I think the average person today would see it as unwavering confidence, which really can weaken someone in such a presence, or make them afraid. The humble and spiritually sensitive might fall on their knees before him.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0