Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is why I eat nothing raw. Cook it till it is well done.
A new type of virus that is thought to have originated in a Chinese seafood market has infected hundreds of people in at least seven countries around the world, raising fears of a global pandemic. At least 17 people have died, according to authorities in China and surrounding countries.

What you need to know about the new coronavirus

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Normally I wouldn't necro threads like this...

But I thought it was fascinating how news of the new coronavirus originally flew under the radar here. This is the first oldest thread I could find on it, and it only had a single response at the time.

It's a bit surreal to see how everything has changed in just a couple months.

It's also fascinating how the article seems to downplay the risk of spread in the U.S. and Europe... Oh, to know then what we know now!

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

But I thought it was fascinating how news of the new coronavirus originally flew under the radar here. This is the first oldest thread I could find on it, and it only had a single response at the time.

It's a bit surreal to see how everything has changed in just a couple months.

It's also fascinating how the article seems to downplay the risk of spread in the U.S. and Europe... Oh, to know then what we know now!

I remember my friend saying we shouldn't worry about it as the death figures of 4% were largly from it being in china and once it left it wasn't as bad.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

My post was the same day but had quite a few responses. Some of it due to my own bad(?) habit of adding new info to old threads rather than starting new threads.

Upvote 0