Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Labour
It’s rather ill advised. I try not to let my ‘outraged’ train go off the rails as much as I know some others do, but I’d be pretty disturbed by seeing this and would want to know why someone believed that was a good idea...

Upvote 0

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I just think it silly. If I was being generous in my interpretation of the work: The Stormtroopers support an Empire, so analogously it could be seen as a Roman Legionary crucified. Who Crucified Christ? The crowds, the Legionaries, the Sanhedrin? Our sin crucified Christ, so this could be seen as the soldiery having crucified themselves, in a way, in vicarious redemption. It is the sinner borrowing Christ. That we soldiers of the world, we sinners, can still be redeemed. It could actually be construed in a thoughtful, Christian manner.

But the artist said it has nothing to do with religion, so I don't think he put any thought or meaning into it. It is just a situation of importing pop culture into everything. So essentially, it is just dumb. I don't think therefore it deserves any place in an art exhibit, much less one in a church.

Upvote 0

r4.h

Feb 11, 2018
Hamilton
✟20,810.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Part of being a good God, means He must put down all would be usurpers of His kingdom (hence Satan was cast down) as no other can rule with the wisdom needed. That said He dosent discipline innocent ignorance only outright rebellion, else we would all be destroyed long time ago.

I fail to see how a church could innocently allow the treating of Christ` blood as a cheap thing ?

Upvote 0