Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Say you're waiting on the bus, train, metro, check-out line, anywhere you're next to a stranger with about a minute to talk.

A guy turns to you & asks, "So what do you think the pinnacle of humanity is?"

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi URA,

I'd probably say the building of some great structure. Perhaps the Burg Khalifa. The technology to take man into space would also be pretty high up there, but technological advancement is surpassed today so rapidly that it's hard to see just space exploration as being the best of such advancement. Perhaps if one day we do have space travel as commonplace as airplane travel is today, it might supplant my personal idea of the pinnacle of man.

The daily physical presence of the Burg Khalifa is just such an awesome engineering feat. To think that we can build a structure that stretches a 1/2 mile into the sky and it stands, just seems pretty awesome to me. Of course, that's also what brought on God's wrath in the days of Nimrod. God's testimony in that day was that nothing that man puts his hand to shall be impossible for him. So tall buildings just remind me of that claim of God and how man still is trying to build structures to reach up into the heavens.

However, it will fall one day. When God causes the whole earth to shake, I'm fairly confident that all of our grand and mighty structures in which we put so much of our pride, will fall tumbling to the ground.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Retired Coach, Now Missionary to the World
Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Say you're waiting on the bus, train, metro, check-out line, anywhere you're next to a stranger with about a minute to talk.

I never ever in all my life ( and I'm old as my son says) had someone ask me that question.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

When Christ walked the earth.

Reactions: KingdomLeast
Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I would say "Jesus Christ being put on a cross".
It was the single greatest and worst thing humanity could do.
Love was spurned to the nth degree that day.
And it was the best thing that could have ever happened for us. Love was demonstrated that day in all it's fulness.

• Winner
Reactions: RC1970
Upvote 0

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you're that old, you should perhaps understand how hypotheticals work.

Oh you mean like some says " I think all Atheist are really demons pretending to be human sent by Satan." You mean that kind of Hypothetical?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married

That hardly creates a situation in which deep philosophical discussions could thrive. But I pretended that happened and I had short time to consider my answer.

What I came up with was...Woman.

Upvote 0

deshepherd

Aug 10, 2018
orgiva
✟216.00
Country
Spain
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Separated

Jesus Christ and the saints and martyrs who died for His sake such as the millions during the Reformation.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never ever in all my life ( and I'm old as my son says) had someone ask me that question.

Hi dictator,

I'm pretty sure the question wasn't 'have you ever been asked this question?' I think it was what you would respond if you ever were.

I doubt that many of us have been asked that question, although it's a valid question because most everyone does have some personal understanding of what they think the pinnacle of man, at this point, would be. Man has pretty much always striven to do great things. The question is merely what any particular individual might think is the greatest thing man has done up to this point in history.

If you aren't able to answer the question, then it isn't imperative that you respond.

However, look on the bright side. Now you can say that you have been asked that question. You no longer live in the darkness of not having been asked what you think is the pinnacle of man.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
However, look on the bright side. Now you can say that you have been asked that question. You no longer live in the darkness of not having been asked what you think is the pinnacle of man.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Thanks, :wave::holy: I love it,:heart: now I can rest easy for the rest of my life:hibiscus::tulip:. I have been asked the question. LOL Have a great day.

Upvote 0