What would you sacerfice to fallow christ and fufill the great comishion?

ScumYetServant

Mar 28, 2018
Colorado Springs
✟12,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Me I am willing to put it all on the line, and also submit my actions and young to him. Submit my whole body as a living sacerfice. Even if it costs me. What are you willing to sacerfice for Christ and what steps are you taking to preach Christ cruicified?

R. Hartono

Feb 2, 2018
Depok
✟22,935.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Submit my whole body as a living sacerfice.
Do you also submit your 'bread' for others :
Matt 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these my brethren, ye did it not to me.

Upvote 0

ScumYetServant

Mar 28, 2018
Colorado Springs
✟12,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you also submit your 'bread' for others :
Matt 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these my brethren, ye did it not to me.
Good passages showing that it costs you time, energy and resources, I do my best to apply this passage, however a question was posed, to do things such as thease what are we individually as belivers willing to sacerfice, it all comes at a cost?

Upvote 0

frater_domus

Faith is all that matters.
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2018
Berlin
✟186,302.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interestingly, God demanded me to abandon many things, but once I had proven that I do not need them anymore, they returned to me in a new light.

I used to be addicted to video games. In order to learn diligence, I needed to let go of that. I prayed a lot until I managed to get to that point. However, God has now returned video games to me, but now I enjoy them responsibly and always thank God for my enjoyment thereof. He even taught me many things theough them.
This is but one example.

One must be prepared to give up all, but it does not mean God will ask for it or that it will be gone forever. In many cases, like the rich guy whom Christ told to give it all away, the separation must happen, because it stands in out way of glorifying and loving God.

Besides, the way I see it, it isn’t mine to begin with. All belong to God. If he says that it is bad or it has to go for reasons that glorify Him, then it is that way. I love it when God tells me to do that, because it glorifies Him ;)

Upvote 0

ScumYetServant

Mar 28, 2018
Colorado Springs
✟12,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interestingly, God demanded me to abandon many things, but once I had proven that I do not need them anymore, they returned to me in a new light.

I used to be addicted to video games. In order to learn diligence, I needed to let go of that. I prayed a lot until I managed to get to that point. However, God has now returned video games to me, but now I enjoy them responsibly and always thank God for my enjoyment thereof. He even taught me many things theough them.
This is but one example.

One must be prepared to give up all, but it does not mean God will ask for it or that it will be gone forever. In many cases, like the rich guy whom Christ told to give it all away, the separation must happen, because it stands in out way of glorifying and loving God.

Besides, the way I see it, it isn’t mine to begin with. All belong to God. If he says that it is bad or it has to go for reasons that glorify Him, then it is that way. I love it when God tells me to do that, because it glorifies Him ;)
Very true, however our time on this earth is numbered, as is our life, chose wisely how it is spent. I can relate to the video game thing, I gave it up, and now play when there is absolutely nothing else constructive to be done. Also I don't look at my time as a waste I do my best to invest in people sinner and saint alike.

Last edited:
Reactions: frater_domus
Upvote 0