What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by nyj
So, I actually managed to drag myself out of bed and attend daily Mass this morning. As I walked into the church (I was a few minutes early... a rarity for me!) I grabbed a bulletin and took a seat. I was flipping through the bulletin and started looking at the advertising on the back (most bulletins have advertising on the back to defray the printing costs) and saw one ad that caught my eye. It said "Bearz 3020 Club" and that the owner of the club was a parishoner. Well, something about that name struck me as odd and so when I got to work, I did a websearch on the name and sure enough... it's a gay bar.

Now, the question is: Should I email the church in question about this (since this is only the second time I've ever attended a Mass at this parish) or try to bring it up directly to the pastor when I get the chance to talk to him (which could be a long time happening)? Or, should I let them handle this themselves?

Well I am not Catholic NYJ, but I would suspect that the church would like you to tell them...I mean especially in light of the Catholic Church scandal that is going on..I mean since they don't believe in homosexuality then I don't think they should advertize a place that supports this IMMORAL act..that's being hypocritical..in my humble opinion.

Missy

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.