What would you do if you were POTUS and the courts ignored clear evidence of voter fraud ?

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Has the current POTUS used any of his powers to "stop the steal". If you were the POTUS how would you "stop the steal"

please assume that there is strong evidence the election was stolen, there is no point disputing it here there are plenty of other threads for that
I would accept that I am not entitled to the position and move on.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Has the current POTUS used any of his powers to "stop the steal". If you were the POTUS how would you "stop the steal"

please assume that there is strong evidence the election was stolen, there is no point disputing it here there are plenty of other threads for that
If there was strong evidence of voter fraud then that evidence should be gathered up and presented to the courts.
If the courts are throwing out the cases, then perhaps the evidence isn't strong and isn't compelling and as such you should give up the idea that the election was stolen, or perhaps your lawyers are incompentent and you should get better laywers.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I would show the evidence to the AG and begin a major investigation with all the might of the justice department.

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

There is nothing that can be done. The results have been certified and it's over. If I were the president right now I would accept it and move on.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,027.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

If there was strong evidence and the courts ignored it I would start looking around for some reason as to why. Courts in the US don't just ignore things of that nature. I would enlist the FBI to start looking to see if relatives had been kidnapped by foreign actors or other equally serious ways to control people's responses.

Upvote 0

perplexed

Jun 22, 2005
✟101,076.00
Faith
Seeker
Good luck on your thread.

Well it looks like I was silly to even start the thread in my defense I think it something interesting to think about, what should the leader of a democracy do if the election is stolen and the courts do not investigate.

• Agree
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Well it looks like I was silly to even start the thread in my defense I think it something interesting to think about, what should the leader of a democracy do if the election is stolen and the courts do not investigate.

Admit there is no evidence for fraud---as every single one of his lawyers admitted before a judge and accept the fact he lost by as whopping 6-7 million votes and move on. That is the adult thing to do.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,655.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

The President was candidate and thus partial in the matter by definition. He had a vested interest. That's why there are courts: they are (supposed to be) impartial. And guess what? Impartial courts didn't find any steal. So your OP is build upon a false premisse, that some "steal" happened.
I didn't. Learn to live with a loss. The democrats had to cope with that in 2016, now it's your turn.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,655.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Well, he has tweeted a lot about how he won nonetheless. That's a lot of work, no? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Thomas White
Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I would probably have to reexamine that evidence because it apparently isn't as clear as I thought. I would also consult other legal minds and experts to examine it as well, since I could have been mistaken when I examined it beforehand.

In other words, I'd consider the idea that I was wrong.

-- A2SG, but, somehow, that idea may have eluded our soon-to-be ex-POTUS.....

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Um, courts don't investigate things. That's the plaintiff/prosecution's job.

Courts render decisions. If you haven't investigated your claim before you get there, the court has nothing to base their decision on.

-- A2SG, which is why Trump's lawyers lost so many cases, they didn't do their job first.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

The courts are there to follow evedentiary process. They are not to act on heresay or rumour. So to answer your question, the President of your country is no different to anyone else. He is to respect the law, and the judiciary process, and uphold the constitution. His path is clear then. He is to leave office and he can do so with good grace, or disgrace.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

When my own justice department, my own FBI, and my own attorney general report to me that by their investigations there was no fraud, I would accept that as a fact.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Seems to me that this thread is begging the question. It assumes that a premise is true. And it asks for a response when that response is already contained within the premise. It’s like asking if I would not eat a plate of liver if I hate liver. It’s just a variation of circular reasoning.

And BTW, I do hate liver. Especially when served with some fava beans and a nice Chianti. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I’m sorry, the information that you’ve hypothesized is incorrect.
The Courts do no “investigations”, the courts are the arbiters of evidence, (what’s “admissible evidence”, what’s “rumor or hearsay”, which “affidavits” are on the up-and-up and are material to the case at hand).

At the Federal level the DOJ/FBI would do the actual “investigations”.

Do you think that a President wouldn’t have called for such an investigation by her Attorney General?

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
The problem here is the sheer mass of rejections/rebuttals.
When the whole world tells you that you are wrong... you should at least consider the options that this is true.

Upvote 0