USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know that Satan tries to kill god without success, if god dies is like we haven't electricity, water and any light, I would be all darkness

Many people are deceived by Lucifer and he is completely selfish, he wants all suffering except him
Satan is very real.....just as the boogeyman under the bed is very real to the child that believes in it. Their/our fears concerning it should be taken seriously.

However, when we become adults, we realize that there was no need for the fear, and that this guy under the bed was only real because we made it real in our minds...

The Lord our God is One....and besides Him there is no other. God has no opposition. All things are made for and by Him to complete His good will and purpose.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Divine nature of Christ did not die. Sproul explained pretty clearly how that’s a heretical position to hold.

I get it. I also take it that you agree that the whole person died, right? Since he was not two persons, then the whole person died. That's all that really matters. Communicatio idiomatum- There is only one subject of predication when it comes to Christ. If you take a more Antiochene approach to understanding how that works, okay. I believe in the crucified God.

God, the Son, died and rose again. Whatever the Word did not assume is not saved. Whatever the Word did not experience is not redeemed. Did the divine nature cease to exist in the death of Christ? No, and neither did his human nature. That's the whole point of the Incarnation. Those who deny that the Word suffered want the Word to do all the saving without going through all the pain. That just won't work. The whole person (divine and human) died. If believing that is heretical, then stone me.

• Agree
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
So your proposition is nonsence on a great many levels. None of us would want to live in a universe where Satan was boss, it requires that an Eternal Being simply cease to exist and that we doubt His honesty and also that we accept the basic premise of evolution to a higher life form which is demonstrably untrue in Satans case.
you should humbly believe, there is mo room for arrogance in this.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
The Lord our God is One....and besides Him there is no other. God has no opposition. All things are made for and by Him to complete His good will and purpose.
you say this by your faith that is not the same than just believing

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I know that Satan tries to kill god without success, if god dies is like we haven't electricity, water and any light, I would be all darkness

Many people are deceived by Lucifer and he is completely selfish, he wants all suffering except him

Um.

Well to get straight to the point Satan's already lost, and he was always going to lose. It's not like the devil was anything other than a cowardly dog bound for failure, it's Don Quixote fighting against windmills.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Um.

Well to get straight to the point Satan's already lost, and he was always going to lose. It's not like the devil was anything other than a cowardly dog bound for failure, it's Don Quixote fighting against windmills.

-CryptoLutheran
all is a belief in truth

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GraceBro

Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.
Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟102,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
death metal bands inspired by lucifer say so
So, I take it you can't support your belief from the Bible? You are taking your spiritual guidance from "death metal bands" instead of from God.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
So, I take it you can't support your belief from the Bible? You are taking your spiritual guidance from "death metal bands" instead of from God.
the bible says lucifer come to only kill steal and destroy, why do you say satan doesn't want to kill god?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God created Satan and keeps him alive to serve his purpose.

Upvote 0

GraceBro

Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟102,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the bible says lucifer come to only kill steal and destroy, why do you say satan doesn't want to kill god?
John 10:10 is a salvation version related to Satan taking mankind from God. All the verses in my initial post, that you did not address, are where you can start as it pertains to me not believing Satan wants to kill God. As far as I see it, he never said it. What he did say is he wants to be like God. It's the same temptation that he used to deceive Adam and Eve (Genesis 3:5).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
death metal bands inspired by lucifer say so

Big deal. Death mental bands really mean nothing at all. If you look at the Bible carefully you will see Satan wanted power, it never mentions he wanted to kill God because he knows he can't and in fact Satan knows his end in the lake of fire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lord Vega

King NES
Jun 13, 2020
Clearwater, FL
✟17,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Satan can kill anyone who isn't saved. However, if a person believes in Christ, Satan isn't able to kill him. He cannot achieve victory over a believer because a believer has the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
God created Satan and keeps him alive to serve his purpose.

John 10:10 is a salvation version related to Satan taking mankind from God. All the verses in my initial post, that you did not address, are where you can start as it pertains to me not believing Satan wants to kill God. As far as I see it, he never said it. What he did say is he wants to be like God. It's the same temptation that he used to deceive Adam and Eve (Genesis 3:5).

Big deal. Death mental bands really mean nothing at all. If you look at the Bible carefully you will see Satan wanted power, it never mentions he wanted to kill God because he knows he can't and in fact Satan knows his end in the lake of fire.

Satan can kill anyone who isn't saved. However, if a person believes in Christ, Satan isn't able to kill him. He cannot achieve victory over a believer because a believer has the Holy Spirit.
you are not identifying the things you write, you write because of your faith, you are making those statements as facts

for my part by my faith i know satan is full of hate, he happily would kill god, somehow he can't

Upvote 0

GraceBro

Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟102,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you are not identifying the things you write, you write because of your faith, you are making those statements as facts

for my part by my faith i know satan is full of hate, he happily would kill god, somehow he can't
Our definition of faith is different. Mine is responding to the truth God has revealed. It seems yours is trusting in your own understanding. If you won't address scripture there is no reason to continue this discussion.

Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

How can an effect eliminate its cause and continue to exist?

Upvote 0