Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know that Satan tries to kill god without success, if god dies is like we haven't electricity, water and any light, I would be all darkness

Many people are deceived by Lucifer and he is completely selfish, he wants all suffering except him
Satan was created by God. Satan can not win with God however, he can manipulate man ( because God allows him to test us), to believe he is more powerful and the winner of every human soul. Best not to think it as a possibility lest you fall into this apostasy. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

GraceBro

Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.
Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟103,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know that Satan tries to kill god without success, if god dies is like we haven't electricity, water and any light, I would be all darkness

Many people are deceived by Lucifer and he is completely selfish, he wants all suffering except him
Satan is not trying to kill God. Satan is trying to be like God. "How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cut down to the ground, O destroyer of nations. You said in your heart: “I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God. I will sit on the mount of assembly, in the far reaches of the north. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High (Isaiah 14:12-14).” God has already died when Jesus Christ died on the cross. "When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades (Revelation 1:17-18)." Those who have not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior are, in effect, without "electricity, water, and light" because they are darkness. "Therefore do not become partners with them; for at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (Ephesians 5:7-8)." Grace and Peace.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I'm pretty sure (by faith) that Satan has already tried to kill God via the cross. What happened on the cross was attempted deicide. Ironically, it was by the definite plan and foreknowledge of God (Acts 2.23). When the best Satan can do is directed by God, then it's a slim chance for Old Scratch.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
God promised to die for the sin of man. And He was executed on a cross. So God can and did die.
Yes, Christ died, but it was Him in his human nature that died. And it was also His choice to do so. He was not overpowered by an adversary. He willingly laid down His life.

God as MGB cannot be killed. Christ, with His dual nature was capable of laying down His life.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, Christ died, but it was Him in his human nature that died.

I think that there is a sense in which this is true, being two natures with no admixture of attributes and all. But, he is one Person, all the same. If the human experienced death, so did the Logos. You can't seperate the Person.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think that there is a sense in which this is true, being two natures with no admixture of attributes and all. But, he is one Person, all the same. If the human experienced death, so did the Logos. You can't seperate the Person.
The famous hymn of the church “And Can it Be?” contains a line that asks a very poignant question: “How can it be that thou, my God, shouldst die for me?” Is it accurate to say that God died on the cross?

This kind of expression is popular in hymnody and in grassroots conversation. So although I have this scruple about the hymn and it bothers me that the expression is there, I think I understand it, and there’s a way to give an indulgence for it.

We believe that Jesus Christ was God incarnate. We also believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross. If we say that God died on the cross, and if by that we mean that the divine nature perished, we have stepped over the edge into serious heresy. In fact, two such heresies related to this problem arose in the early centuries of the church: theopassianismand patripassianism. The first of these, theopassianism, teaches that God Himself suffered death on the cross. Patripassianism indicates that the Father suffered vicariously through the suffering of His Son. Both of these heresies were roundly rejected by the church for the very reason that they categorically deny the very character and nature of God, including His immutability. There is no change in the substantive nature or character of God at any time.

God not only created the universe, He sustains it by the very power of His being. As Paul said, “In Him we live and move and have our being” (Acts 17:28). If the being of God ceased for one second, the universe would disappear. It would pass out of existence, because nothing can exist apart from the sustaining power of God. If God dies, everything dies with Him. Obviously, then, God could not have perished on the cross.

Some say, “It was the second person of the Trinity Who died.” That would be a mutation within the very being of God, because when we look at the Trinity we say that the three are one in essence, and that though there are personal distinctions among the persons of the Godhead, those distinctions are not essential in the sense that they are differences in being. Death is something that would involve a change in one’s being.

We should shrink in horror from the idea that God actually died on the cross. The atonement was made by the human nature of Christ. Somehow people tend to think that this lessens the dignity or the value of the substitutionary act, as if we were somehow implicitly denying the deity of Christ. God forbid. It’s the God-man Who dies, but death is something that is experienced only by the human nature, because the divine nature isn’t capable of experiencing death. -R.C. Sproul

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The famous hymn of the church “And Can it Be?” contains a line that asks a very poignant question: “How can it be that thou, my God, shouldst die for me?” Is it accurate to say that God died on the cross?

This kind of expression is popular in hymnody and in grassroots conversation. So although I have this scruple about the hymn and it bothers me that the expression is there, I think I understand it, and there’s a way to give an indulgence for it.

We believe that Jesus Christ was God incarnate. We also believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross. If we say that God died on the cross, and if by that we mean that the divine nature perished, we have stepped over the edge into serious heresy. In fact, two such heresies related to this problem arose in the early centuries of the church: theopassianismand patripassianism. The first of these, theopassianism, teaches that God Himself suffered death on the cross. Patripassianism indicates that the Father suffered vicariously through the suffering of His Son. Both of these heresies were roundly rejected by the church for the very reason that they categorically deny the very character and nature of God, including His immutability. There is no change in the substantive nature or character of God at any time.

God not only created the universe, He sustains it by the very power of His being. As Paul said, “In Him we live and move and have our being” (Acts 17:28). If the being of God ceased for one second, the universe would disappear. It would pass out of existence, because nothing can exist apart from the sustaining power of God. If God dies, everything dies with Him. Obviously, then, God could not have perished on the cross.

Some say, “It was the second person of the Trinity Who died.” That would be a mutation within the very being of God, because when we look at the Trinity we say that the three are one in essence, and that though there are personal distinctions among the persons of the Godhead, those distinctions are not essential in the sense that they are differences in being. Death is something that would involve a change in one’s being.

We should shrink in horror from the idea that God actually died on the cross. The atonement was made by the human nature of Christ. Somehow people tend to think that this lessens the dignity or the value of the substitutionary act, as if we were somehow implicitly denying the deity of Christ. God forbid. It’s the God-man Who dies, but death is something that is experienced only by the human nature, because the divine nature isn’t capable of experiencing death. -R.C. Sproul

I think we can say that if God transcends all, then even death can be experienced by the Divine (and swallowed up). "Even if I go to Hades (Sheol), You are there." If it was the humanity of Christ that allowed for the possibility of death, it was the Divinity that swallowed it up as If it were nothing. For nothing exists only because of the Divine (loosely speaking). But that doesn't mean the Person (divine and human) did not die.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Satan was created by God. Satan can not win with God however, he can manipulate man ( because God allows him to test us), to believe he is more powerful and the winner of every human soul. Best not to think it as a possibility lest you fall into this apostasy. Be blessed.
You haven't seen it you work by faith

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Satan is not trying to kill God. Satan is trying to be like God. "How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cut down to the ground, O destroyer of nations. You said in your heart: “I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God. I will sit on the mount of assembly, in the far reaches of the north. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High (Isaiah 14:12-14).” God has already died when Jesus Christ died on the cross. "When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades (Revelation 1:17-18)." Those who have not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior are, in effect, without "electricity, water, and light" because they are darkness. "Therefore do not become partners with them; for at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (Ephesians 5:7-8)." Grace and Peace.
Satan happily would kill God

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,617.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

By death of God it seems you are implying a ceasing to exist of an Eternal Being.

For Satan to win he would have to become as great or greater than God. That is his aspiration and requires evidence of evolution in a positive direction. It would also cast doubt on the Eternity of God as it would imply that God had a beginning and Himself evolved to His current level. So we would have to call God a liar to even consider the idea.

The biblical evidence and churches experience does not give any inkling that Satan is becoming the source of life,love and light in the universe. Rather He is a,spoiler and destroyer. Things die and rot around him and the sense of defeat and despair is palpable. Lord of the Flies is a good description cause he smells like the kind of stuff that attracts flies.

So your proposition is nonsence on a great many levels. None of us would want to live in a universe where Satan was boss, it requires that an Eternal Being simply cease to exist and that we doubt His honesty and also that we accept the basic premise of evolution to a higher life form which is demonstrably untrue in Satans case.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
A fact you create
You don’t exactly provide much room for dialogue. What fact are you asserting that I’m creating?

Is it the fact that an eternal Being cannot be killed?

Do you know what eternal means?

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think we can say that if God transcends all, then even death can be experienced by the Divine (and swallowed up). "Even if I go to Hades (Sheol), You are there." If it was the humanity of Christ that allowed for the possibility of death, it was the Divinity that swallowed it up as If it were nothing. For nothing exists only because of the Divine (loosely speaking). But that doesn't mean the Person (divine and human) did not die.
The Divine nature of Christ did not die. Sproul explained pretty clearly how that’s a heretical position to hold.

Upvote 0