What would happen if Roe vs Wade gets aborted?

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Every woman will tell you if they are honest they had a moment of " truth " before or after the abortion when they knew they were making a mistake . Why would they have that if it was just a clump of tissue ? Isn't that proof enough that abortion is wrong ? It's good people are talking about this get it out in the open shine the light on this .If people knew better they could do better.
And the hostile and offensive attitude of the Christian right isn't helping a bit. Many, many of us who think abortion is wrong are "pro-choice" because we don't want religious extremists to be making the laws about it and we know that we are going to have to convince those who don't think its wrong in order to make it illegal.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Are you saying abortion clinics would have to shut down if they were regulated?

No, I'm saying that they already are regulated. The Right wants to shut them down entirely.

Besides, since when is the Right such a big fan of government regulation? Wasn't one of Donald's campaign promises to get rid of two regulations for every new one imposed?

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No, I'm saying that they already are regulated. The Right wants to shut them down entirely.

Besides, since when is the Right such a big fan of government regulation? Wasn't one of Donald's campaign promises to get rid of two regulations for every new one imposed?
Can you give me some examples of laws that regulate them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,307.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If that's so, how did the Kermit Gosnell case happen?
Oh wow arguing by anecdote. Obviously regulation does not work clearly all medical care must be abolished, time to close hospitals, how do you feel about Chinese medicine?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Gosnell was also convicted on numerous counts of violating Pennsylvania abortion regulations. The problem here was not lack of regulation but lack of adequate enforcement.
Why was there a lack of enforcement?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Janice Orbi

Oct 12, 2018
Kingman
✟10,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
At it's current juncture...I think it may be alright. But if one more left leaning justice leaves and gets replaced with one more person as far to the right as Brett, I think what I outlined before could become real possibility.

Personally that is what I am hoping for more conservatives

Upvote 0

Janice Orbi

Oct 12, 2018
Kingman
✟10,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Seriously? They are regulated, it is a blatant falsehood to say otherwise.

They are suppose to be regulated but I know 1st hand that they don't do a very good job and it is horrible what goes on in them. So many people are naive about these clinics, some people actually think they help women with cancer some people also think they help sick children, all they do is exams, give out birth control, and abortions, they are big on abortions that is where the money is at for them. Some people even believe they counsel with women about all the choices they have besides abortion, they don't I know because I had to take a best friend and went with her through all of it. They want to kill babies for the money and the stem cells they sell. I also had a friend who worked in one as a nurse for about 8 years until she could not do it anymore because of what she saw.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,521.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Can you give me some examples of laws that regulate them?

Laws for abortion clinics in the US vary quite widely from state to state. Here's an overview of state laws implemented to attempt to "regulate" (read: restrict access to) abortion clinics in Arizona (taken from here):

• Arizona is one of many states that does not allow Medicaid recipients to use Medicaid to pay for their abortion.
  • State law prevents lawsuits against medical providers who omit or withhold information from patients that may lead to the abortion of an abnormal fetus. Examples include a medical provider limiting the scope of test results or avoiding tests that may result in a woman’s choice to terminate her pregnancy.
  • State laws add multiple hoops for women to jump through before obtaining an abortion, such as requiring patients seeking an abortion to receive an ultrasound. Additionally, patients in Arizona must endure a 24 hour waiting period before receiving an abortion. This means that a patient must go to two appointments no closer than 24 hours apart.
  • All abortion care, including the delivery of the pills used in a medicated abortion, must be administered by a medical doctor. Likewise, all required abortion counseling must come from a medical doctor. These rules put excessive requirements on abortion providers.
  • Medicated abortion cannot be prescribed through telemedicine, requiring patients in the vast rural areas of Arizona to travel to Phoenix or Tucson, where they must attend two appointments no closer than 24 hours apart.
  • Medicated abortion is considered a “surgical” procedure, placing unnecessary requirements on both patients and providers.
  • State law prohibits any insurance plan offered through the state health care exchange from offering abortion coverage except in cases where the woman’s life is in danger from continuing her pregnancy. Arizona is one of 21 states that have legislation in place to restrict abortion coverage in their insurance exchanges
  • State law allows the state to conduct surprise inspections of abortion clinics during regular business hours completely unannounced. An application for licensure is needed to complete an inspection, but the inspection can be completed while the application is still in the ‘pending’ process.

Intense regulation of abortion clinics is so commonplace that an acronym TRAP ('targeted regulation of abortion providers') is used as shorthand in the health literature. Here's a couple of studies that conclude that abortion clinics are deliberately over regulated compared to other medical facilities.

Study one:

...3 key findings that inform the current issues in this area. First, the states had frequently singled out abortion provision for targeted regulation, enacting more TRAP laws than OBS laws. At the same time, the states had virtually never singled out other office interventions for such separate legal treatment. Second, unlike OBS laws, many TRAP laws applied regardless of the level of sedation or anesthesia used, or the nature of the office intervention, applying in many cases to facilities that provided abortion only via medication. As a result, in many cases, an abortion-providing facility would be governed by its state’s TRAP law even though it would not be regulated under the state’s OBS law. Third, in many instances and areas, TRAP laws imposed more numerous and more stringent requirements than did OBS laws or the single law targeting specific procedures other than abortion.​

Study two:
Since 2010, US states have enacted nearly 300 abortion restrictions, with 51 new restrictions passed in the first half of 2015 alone.1 Of note is the increase in laws that make it more difficult to provide abortion services by imposing expensive or logistically difficult requirements on facilities and clinicians, which are often referred to as Targeted Regulation of Abortion Provider (TRAP) laws...​

• Informative
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
6 hours south of the Golden Dome of the University
✟511,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think states can do that, but the federal government could use the Mann Act to prevent that. Possibly not just for minors, but adults as well. Commerce between the states falls under federal jurisdiction.

After the amendments to the statute in 1986, it is doubtful, given the presently existing statutory language, the Mann Act criminalizes an adult/parent/guardian taking a minor out of state to obtain an abortion. 18 U.S. Code § 2421 - Transportation generally

Upvote 0