What would happen if Roe vs Wade gets aborted?

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Being that SCOTUS is the entity in charge of interpreting what the constitution means, a stacked court could easily lead to some things that are in direct violation of the constitution. The piece of paper is only worth as much as the entity with the monopoly on getting to dictate "what it means" for everyone else.
It is outside the power of the SC to make laws which is what they did in Roe v Wade, just as they did with Citizens United. Both of these should have been determined by the Congress not the SC.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The problem is, how can you prove it's for illegal purposes before it happens?
You would have to establish the principle that to commit an act which is legal in the state where you happen to be is a crime if you reside in another state where it would be an illegal act.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The decision would go to the states. My feeling is that deep blue states would rush to declare abortion legal faster than red states would criminalize it, and for red states that do criminalize it, it would only be criminalized in a limited fashion.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You would have to establish the principle that to commit an act which is legal in the state where you happen to be is a crime if you reside in another state where it would be an illegal act.
And that as already been determined by the SC, too, only in the verse. Gay marriage was forced on states that had voted against it. Before this...

A Colorado gay couple goes to MA to get married legally in that state. They come back to Colorado and a business is forced to accept that they are married even though Colorado law says they are not.

Upvote 0

super animator

Dreamer
Mar 25, 2009
✟134,615.00
Faith
Agnostic
Being that SCOTUS is the entity in charge of interpreting what the constitution means, a stacked court could easily lead to some things that are in direct violation of the constitution. The piece of paper is only worth as much as the entity with the monopoly on getting to dictate "what it means" for everyone else.
You have that much little faith in the SC?

Upvote 0

CitizenD

Jul 19, 2017
San Francisco
✟100,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do not see how it would be a crime if the parent is taking them to a state where it is legal. can someone explain that to me.

Livingwordunity doesn't understand the concept of jurisdiction.

A state IS a geographic jurisdiction where laws apply.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You have that much little faith in the SC?

At it's current juncture...I think it may be alright. But if one more left leaning justice leaves and gets replaced with one more person as far to the right as Brett, I think what I outlined before could become real possibility.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,577.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

I'm aware of that, but rulings still need to make some semblance of sense. I don't see how they could craft something that is so blatantly contradictory to the constitution.

Upvote 0

super animator

Dreamer
Mar 25, 2009
✟134,615.00
Faith
Agnostic
At it's current juncture...I think it may be alright. But if one more left leaning justice leaves and gets replaced with one more person as far to the right as Brett, I think what I outlined before could become real possibility.
We got bigger issues when that happens. I can't image of how big of a clown circus that the senate will be after the events revolving the recent SC pick.

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Would all abortion clinics go away?

Or would liberals still have their abortion clinics open except only in the blue states?

Your thoughts?

Well, it's not going away. Even if by some act of G-d himself, the Supreme Court ruled against abortion, the congress would immediately move to make it legal again.

The bottom line is, the US has lost morality, and they support murdering babies. It's not going away. Kavanaugh, is not going to change anything.

The left-wing is evil, and murder will remain legal for as long as they exist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Well, it's not going away. Even if by some act of G-d himself, the Supreme Court ruled against abortion, the congress would immediately move to make it legal again.

The bottom line is, the US has lost morality, and they love murdering babies. It's not going away. Kavanaugh, is not going to change anything.

The left-wing is evil, and murder will remain legal for as long as they exist.
No, they don't "love murdering babies." Not everyone agrees with you that abortion is always the murder of a baby.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
No, they don't "love murdering babies." Not everyone agrees with you that abortion is always the murder of a baby.

Science really doesn't care what people agree or disagree on.

Is it human? Yes. Do DNA test. It is human. Are you killing it? Yes.

What do you call putting a human being to death without justification? Murder.

Science doesn't care what you feel about it.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Science really doesn't care what people agree or disagree on.

Is it human? Yes. Do DNA test. It is human.
By that standard, so is your dandruff. But that's not the point.

The point is. that you go on as if pro-choicers agree that it's a baby and go ahead and kill it anyway because they're wicked liberals. That's just being offensive for the sake of it, not a way of persuading people to make abortion illegal.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,008.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Abortion has long been regarded as a grievous sin by the majority of Christian denominations and no one is really comfortable with the idea. But the Christian Right didn't really get on board with making it absolutely illegal for everyone--as a political issue--until the '70s, and that undoubtedly for strategic reasons.
Actually it hasn't among Protestants in modern times. When I was growing up it was seen as a Catholic issue, because there was no Scriptural basis (and there still isn't). It seems to have been pushed by the "moral majority" political movement. The Southern Baptist Convention supported Rowe v Wade when it was passed. (How Southern Baptists became pro-life).

Even among Catholics, the traditional position was that a soul probably wasn't present until some time after conception. Because no one was sure when, opposition to abortion could be justified as "just in case." However the modern "abortion is murder" wasn't the only issue for Catholics, and maybe even not the major one. Abortion, contraception, and other acts were a problem because they separated sex from reproduction. "Abortion is murder" is now being used as the primary argument because it's a great emotional issue, and can appeal to a wider audience. In many ways I think both Catholics and conservative Protestants have adjusted their tradition and exegesis to be consistent with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
By that standard, so is your dandruff. But that's not the point.

The point is. that you go on as if pro-choicers agree that it's a baby and go ahead and kill it anyway because they're wicked liberals. That's just being offensive for the sake of it, not a way of persuading people to make abortion illegal.

Dandruff is dead skin. It's not alive. It is not possible to "kill dandruff".

Well trying to convince people, who are willing to murder a baby out of convenience, is impossible.

In fact, I have support for that view. Every single person I know that changed from being pro-choice to pro-life, changed for one of two reasons....

A: They had a child, and realized how dumb the argument was.
B: They met someone who had a child who admitted they almost killed it.

Knowing that people do not respond to rational or scientific argument, I am simply going to speak the truth. They want to believe murdering children is ok, and nothing I say, no amount of science, or rational argument, is going to change that.

If they want to believe a lie, that's on them. It's a baby. They are killing a baby. Take it or leave it, that is the facts.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Janice Orbi
Upvote 0

John Bowen

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2018
dueba
✟48,940.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Every woman will tell you if they are honest they had a moment of " truth " before or after the abortion when they knew they were making a mistake . Why would they have that if it was just a clump of tissue ? Isn't that proof enough that abortion is wrong ? It's good people are talking about this get it out in the open shine the light on this .If people knew better they could do better.

• Agree
Reactions: Janice Orbi
Upvote 0