United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
59 innocent people killed by a mass murderer, or
59 killers executed for committing murder?

It seems to me by the consensus on these boards regarding the death penalty that people would be bothered more by the death of criminals than the death of innocent people at the hands of criminals, as if these deaths are a more serious societal problem. Am I correct in assuming this?

Reactions: Living Soul

pakicetus

Apr 11, 2015
✟89,017.00
Country
Faroe Islands
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
It seems to me by the consensus on these boards regarding the death penalty that people would be bothered more by the death of criminals than the death of innocent people at the hands of criminals, as if these deaths are a more serious societal problem. Am I correct in assuming this?
no

• Agree
Reactions: Radicchio
Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

59 killers executed for Committing Murder...

Oh and PS: No one is innocent who passes the age of innocence..

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

...I have little problem with the executing of 59 murderers...as long as we know pretty well that they actually were the perpetrators of said crimes. :eek:

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I would rather have the 59 murderers executed.

I think they should bring back the death penalty. But that is just my personal opinion.

Well, I guess they have the death penalty in some areas.

• Agree
Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

true

According to the Bible everyone is sinful. But I'm sure when he's talking about innocent, he's talking about people who haven't committed a crime.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
true

According to the Bible everyone is sinful. But I'm sure when he's talking about innocent, he's talking about people who haven't committed a crime.

Well i like to stick with Biblical standards when posting on a Christian forum..

But apart from that how would you know the 59 that where killed committed no crimes ?

Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel 33:11
Say to them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live.

God is the God of the living, not of the dead. He does not like death, period. Regardless of whether it is so-called "innocents" (we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, so there are no innocents) or hardened killers.

And we are admonished to have our minds transformed to be like Christ's. Subjection to the morality of death (as Stringfellow calls it) takes us in the opposite direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

No idea where you got that.

Assuming they were convicted, with good evidence and the like, and it's 1 of 2 choices, the 59 killers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
he's talking about people who haven't committed a crime.

In God's eyes committing any sin is a crime. Simply wanting something that someone else has is breaking one of the 10 commandments ... and the one that made Paul conscious of sin at all.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Nice. :doh:

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
IMO the Bible supports the "Death Penalty" as carefully legislated in the USA. However, here there it is little deterent to crazed psychopathic killers.

Murder is a named sin.

Exodus 20:13 ....“You shall not murder.

Matthew 19:18...And Jesus said, “You shall not commit murder,...

Romans 13 (NASB)...Be Subject to Government
1 Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities...
4 for it is a minister of God to you for good.
But if you do what is evil, be afraid;
for it does not bear the sword (of execution!) for nothing;
for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil.

Upvote 0

celestialpearl

Baby Anglican
Oct 3, 2017
Kentucky
✟14,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not stating an opinion on the death penalty. My own personal feelings are bothered more by innocent people being killed. In regards to a biblical standpoint though...assuming the innocents killed are christians and therefore have eternal life, I would be bothered by the executions as I'm guessing they wouldn't have had the chance to repent. Hope that makes sense.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well i like to stick with Biblical standards when posting on a Christian forum..

But apart from that how would you know the 59 that where killed committed no crimes ?

Yeah, you're probably right about staying with biblical standards on a Christian forum.

My attitude is probably not right concerning the death penalty. My attitude is more fleshly than spiritual.

But I'm talking about people that was proven that had killed other people. I don't know why I hate murderers more than anything. But I just do.

My biggest phobia is being murdered by a mass murderer or a serial killer. And so, yes, I have this wish that they bring back the death penalty. I wish that the punishments were a lot harsher for murder or any kind of crime that hurts other people.

But I'm not saying that my attitude is right. I'm sure it is very very wrong. I just think that people who commit crimes against another person because they decide that they didn't deserve to live because they are different or they just wanted to kill people, should get punished severely and and maybe the crimes would stop. But I doubt it.

I just don't like how after being found guilty, usually they get sent to jail and they get to sit around and watch TV all the time, and half the times they rule the place. It angers me.

I know that my attitude is wrong. But I can't help it. And I know that scripture says that everyone is sinful. And that all sin is equal in the eyes of God. But not everybody sins hurts another person. And I know that my hatred towards certain people is the equivalent of murdering someone. But I can't help but think that murdering, actual murder, is worse. Things like this just anger me. I just don't understand how anyone can inflict so much pain on people who have done nothing to them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not stating an opinion on the death penalty. My own personal feelings are bothered more by innocent people being killed. In regards to a biblical standpoint though...assuming the innocents killed are christians and therefore have eternal life, I would be bothered by the executions as I'm guessing they wouldn't have had the chance to repent. Hope that makes sense.
I think what you say exemplifies 2 distinct aspects:

1) Justice as practised in various temporal jurisdictions;

2) Bringing the Gospel to prisoners.

Those heavily involved with either may well have differing emphases.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

It is a mistake to believe that 'probation' is closed with our death, that if we don't repent during our lifetime we are doomed to eternal death.

This assumes that death, by any means or by anyone, prior to repentance, will deprive us of God's promise of eternal life. If true this would reveal a grotesque side of God's character.

All will have a chance to repent in the White Throne Judgment period; killers and victims. Does that make a difference to you regarding the topic?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Earatha

Feb 26, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
✟34,390.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If I had to choose I'd say the 59 criminals assuming they are actually guilty. That's not to say I support the death penalty, I think it's a barbaric practice and a fundamental failing of governance. But the death penalty is less morally heinous than senseless murder because the state did not instigate violence, the murderer did.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
In God's eyes committing any sin is a crime. Simply wanting something that someone else has is breaking one of the 10 commandments ... and the one that made Paul conscious of sin at all.

I know this. I've even quoted this myself. And I know that I am sinful myself. But it is the easiest thing to preach on Mercy when our loved ones are not the ones who were killed. I know that my attitude is completely wrong. But I am putting myself in their shoes. So that's what I am doing. I'm emphasizing with the people who lost loved ones. If my mom was the one who got killed, I wouldn't want to sit there and hear about how everyone is sinful and we all deserve death. I know all of this too well.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0