Manhattan, KS
✟188,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So nearly every Christian has some idea or belief concerning the end times, and my question is really a simple and straight forward one.

What will you do if your belief about the end times is wrong?

Say you hold to a pretribulation belief, and suddenly one day you find yourself caught in the midst of hell on earth as described in scripture, what will your response be?

Answers such as "well that isn't how it will happen" are not acceptable in this particular thread. I know some will have such a view and be so completely set that theirs is the only true way that they cannot even fathom the possibility of being wrong. If that is you, please do not respond.

I merely mean to jog some thought processes.

I myself do not believe in a "rapture" at all. I believe when Jesus returns to the earth to set up his kingdom that he will gather believers to himself at that time, so I suppose you could say a posttribulation view is what I hold, but still, I could be wrong. If I am you will be able to say "I told you so" in heaven.

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So nearly every Christian has some idea or belief concerning the end times, and my question is really a simple and straight forward one.

Say you hold to a pretribulation belief, and suddenly one day you find yourself caught in the midst of hell on earth as described in scripture, what will your response be?

Answers such as "well that isn't how it will happen" are not acceptable in this particular thread. I know some will have such a view and be so completely set that theirs is the only true way that they cannot even fathom the possibility of being wrong. If that is you, please do not respond.

I myself do not believe in a "rapture" at all. I believe when Jesus returns to the earth to set up his kingdom that he will gather believers to himself at that time, so I suppose you could say a posttribulation view is what I hold, but still, I could be wrong. If I am you will be able to say "I told you so" in heaven.
This is exactly why my thoughts on the end times are not hardwired thoughts and ideas. I personally am content to accept what scripture specifies and leave all else in the very capable hands of the Living God.

• Friendly
Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I, personally, do not believe in a Pre-Trib or Mid-Trib Rapture. However, I like to keep my options flexible. If the Tribulation comes before the Rapture, well, that will confirm my belief. However, if the Rapture comes earlier, then I will be surprised.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I will continue to believe as God wants me to... sharing His love and salvation with others until He does come for me.

I've been a personal believer in Jesus for 50 years now, and I've seen "all" the signs over those years just as Jesus proclaimed in Matthew 24 to the Jews. Things we had no idea what they meant back then, are clear as day now... and things that were few and far between are daily occurrences now, just as we were told would be in end times. (Like birthing a child... the labor pangs seldom and far between to... constant!)

The tribulation is God's wrath against the nation of Israel for not keeping jubilee. It is not for believers. What loving husband beats his wife and lies to her? God calls us His bride and has promised to remove us from His wrath.

Why would God offer a crown, one of the five only, for those who continually expect Him to return if it wasn't important. I daresay some believers refuse to address the "gathering up" (rapture) because they would have to get busy for God and they. just. don't. want. to?

The focus is on sharing God's love while worshipping Him continually.

Many people don't believe a lot of things,yet they are incorrect to be that way, i.e. hell. They will believe when they are there, too late for salvation.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Honestly, I think I'd be pretty much entirely unaffected as to being wrong.

I don't think my guesses about the end time even matter at all, not even if they are correct even.

Instead, what matters, for me and all, is that we are ready right now, because anyone of us could die today or tomorrow, like in an auto accident or such.

So, the when of the endtime doesn't matter except solely and only that we are able to endure.

Christ told us how to endure!

How to Endure (endtimes or not) --

24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

We must listen and hear His words, His commandments and aids to us, and keep His words in our minds and hearts, and put them into actions, practice, in our lives.

Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,049,887.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It's not. My belief is that Jesus will come again one day.
I don't have any other view.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need to know the different between the Rapture and the 2nd coming of Christ.

The 2nd coming of Christ will be known to the kings and the armies of the world so it is no secret. The kings and their armies will be prepared to battle Jesus at Armageddon because they know Jesus will claim back the earth from the hand of the devil and its followers.

Rev 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
(Armageddon battle)

Rev 19:19 (they know Jesus is coming)
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

However, the timing of the rapture is not known and only Father knows.
Matt 24:36 But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
37 As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man

Matt 24:40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left.

When Jesus appears on the cloud be4 the grief Tribulation to rapture His saints the whole unexpecting world will wail because they shall be left behind while Jesus took away His saints :
Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him.
jayalalithaa-jayaraman-death.jpg

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,055.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

It is very sad that there is such a proliferation of theories and ideas about what will happen in the last days. This is actually a strong indication of who it is that causes these disagreement and arguments: the author of lies, the great deceiver must be behind most, if not all of it.
Jesus warned us to be not deceived; Matthew 24:4, so we know it can happen! Has any of us never been fooled? We are all suckers for a good deal or investment, but if it is too good to be true; then it probably isn't true!

The idea of a rapture removal to heaven before disaster strikes, is a prime example and when this and other things like prosperity theology are preached and taught by people of high standing, it's no wonder that many are led to believe those teachings. People fail to check their Bibles for proof that what they have been told, is really what the Lord has planned.
What we Christians are plainly told, is that we can expect trials and testing, 1 Peter 3:12, and we must endure and stand strong in our faith. Revelation 13:9-10

HOWEVER, if good Christian people have believed a wrong teaching about what the Lord will do for them, this is not a salvation issue. PROVIDED; they do not lose their faith that He will save them.
This is where, unfortunately, so many will fall away when the test comes. What they expected won't happen and they will renounce God, to their eternal loss.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,049,887.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need to know the different between the Rapture and the 2nd coming of Christ.

Personally, no I don't.

Jesus is coming again one day, and one day I will depart this life and go to be with him; those are facts.
Whether there is a rapture, and he comes to take me to himself prior to his coming to the world, or whether his coming for me will be at the hour of my death; doesn't matter. The point is, I don't know what tomorrow will hold, when I will die or when, or how, he will return for me.
The Bible is clear that NOW is the day of salvation; that people should not put off turning to Christ to do it "tomorrow" - as James says, "you do not even know what tomorrow will hold", James 4:14. The Psalmist said that all the days of our lives are written in God's book, even before we were born, Psalm 139:16, and Jesus said that no one can add an hour to his life by worrying about it, Matthew 6:27. We are also told to put God first, Exodus 20:3; Matthew 6:33, and live for him.

If someone wants to start an argument with me in heaven, telling me that my death was due to the rapture, and that the world has not ended for anyone else; so be it.
It doesn't change the fact that today I live for him and serve him and, God willing, will do the same tomorrow - while making sure I am ready to meet him in case there is no tomorrow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Personally, no I don't.

Jesus is coming again one day, and one day I will depart this life and go to be with him; those are facts.
Whether there is a rapture, and he comes to take me to himself prior to his coming to the world, or whether his coming for me will be at the hour of my death; doesn't matter. The point is, I don't know what tomorrow will hold, when I will die or when, or how, he will return for me.
The Bible is clear that NOW is the day of salvation; that people should not put off turning to Christ to do it "tomorrow" - as James says, "you do not even know what tomorrow will hold", James 4:14. The Psalmist said that all the days of our lives are written in God's book, even before we were born, Psalm 139:16, and Jesus said that no one can add an hour to his life by worrying about it, Matthew 6:27. We are also told to put God first, Exodus 20:3; Matthew 6:33, and live for him.

If someone wants to start an argument with me in heaven, telling me that my death was due to the rapture, and that the world has not ended for anyone else; so be it.
It doesn't change the fact that today I live for him and serve him and, God willing, will do the same tomorrow - while making sure I am ready to meet him in case there is no tomorrow.
The OP question is about what you will do if you are still alive during the 42 months reign of the Beast [Revelation 13] in the eventuality that no pre-trib rapture or mid -trib rapture happen ?
Only 2 choices will be possible at that moment:
1- if you take the mark and worship the Beast and his image you are condemned by God Revelation 14:9-12...

2- If you refuse to take the mark and refuse to worship the Beast and his image you will be tortured and beheaded , but you are promised to be resurrected and live with Jesus during the Millennium Revelation 20:4-6.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,049,887.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The OP question is about what you will do if you are still alive during the 42 months reign of the Beast [Revelation 13] in the eventuality that no pre-trib rapture or mid -trib rapture happen?.

No it isn't. The OP asked;

My belief is that a) I will die one day and b) Jesus is coming again one day.
Whether those events will coincide; whether he comes for me in death, or whether I am alive when Jesus returns, I have no idea. No one knows the day of his coming, and I have no idea how much longer I will be alive.
I don't know what pre-trib or mid trib rapture means. I am told to live each day for the Lord, put him first, not worry about tomorrow and trust that he will give me strength, and grace, to do this, and courage to hold firm to the faith and witness to him should I find myself facing persecution for his name. I am trying to do this.

• Winner
Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No it isn't. The OP asked;
Post # 1 is the question asked :

End of quote.
--------------------------
The 42 months reign of the Beast mentioned in Revelation 13 -who- will precede the Coming Of Jesus mentioned in Revelation 19 is part of the End Times events.

Last edited:
Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,049,887.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Post # 1 is the question asked :

End of quote.

Yes, the question is, "what will you do if your belief about the end times is wrong?"
And then an example is given; "say" - in other words, supposing - " you hold to a pre trib belief .... and you find yourself in the middle of hell on earth? .

In other words, whatever you believe about end times; supposing you discover you are wrong? Supposing you are adamant something will happen and it doesn't, or that something won't happen, and it does?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, the question is, "what will you do if your belief about the end times is wrong?"
And then an example is given; "say" - in other words, supposing - " you hold to a pre trib belief .... and you find yourself in the middle of hell on earth? .

In other words, whatever you believe about end times; supposing you discover you are wrong? Supposing you are adamant something will happen and it doesn't, or that something won't happen, and it does?
The question is addressed to those of the pre-tribulation rapture view who believe that they will be taken to Heaven [while they are alive]before the end times events happen.

Upvote 0

imsaneru

Jun 18, 2017
Metropolis
✟43,289.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I expect to die from either a flood , an earth quake or some exotic new disease , we got a killer flu here at the moment that's knocking a few people down. I got meningitis from a mosquito once , the doctor said there are two types , one kills you and one doesn't , guess which one you got?....Dur led me fink I said.

So if I'm still hanging around like a bad smell when the tribulation starts then I'm going to be really concerned , i'll be looking up at the sky and asking God what did I do to deserve this.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'll say "Dang, my eschatological ideas were wack. Guess I have to apologies to make." Our Lord didn't say "He that believeth in me and holds the correct End Times views, though he were dead, yet shall he live."

I myself do not believe in a "rapture" at all.
I think it properly refers to the Church meeting the Lord in the air at His coming in glory. Scripture describes nothing else.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,049,887.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The question is addressed to those of the pre-tribulation rapture view who believe that they will be taken to Heaven [while they are alive]before the end times events happen.

Clearly that's how you read it; I did not.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Clearly that's how you read it; I did not.
Here the part of Post # 1 that you have probably not read...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Say you hold to a pretribulation belief, and suddenly one day you find yourself caught in the midst of hell on earth as described in scripture, what will your response be ?

I myself do not believe in a "rapture" at all. I believe when Jesus returns to the earth to set up his kingdom that he will gather believers to himself at that time,"
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Upvote 0