enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What do you think the great falling away will look like? Will we recognize it?
2 Thessalonians 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
Well I very rarely participate in these end-times forums, but I will give a quick response.

Since it is talking about the son of perdition that is referring to the anti-Christ figure so it will be right before the end.

There is another passage where Jesus talks to His disciples about the end of days and it mentions miracles and signs and wonders, so my thought is that it will involve signs and wonders, probably false ones that people think is Jesus or God and that people may follow the anti-Christ type person, thinking it is God, but it is not.

Or...

The other thought is that it will be people that hate religion and God posing as sheep (ie. Wolves in sheep's clothing) who will purposefully circulate bad things throughout the Christian church to lead God's people astray. I think this might just happen because most people do not know the Bible nor what is the truth in it and listen to others, pastors ect. I think Satan will attack thet church from the inside in higher positions and pastors leading people purposefully astray.

Hope that makes sense.

One thing for sure is God's Word says it will be "those who did not believe the truth" so it will be against the Bible teaching or understanding.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd hypothesize that it will look like a counterfeit second coming, but it will happen on the wrong day (I have a specific day in mind): all of the world will believe Jesus has returned, and that the second advent has happened. Most of the Christians will bow to the imposter, along with all of the nations: all mistakenly believing it's Jesus because they don't know the timing.

Then the remnant who know the truth will bring it all crashing down to prepare the way of the true Christ who comes on the appointed day.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yes, and it's not a singular event.

I see it almost every day, here there and nearly everywhere. It's people falling away from God for whatever reason. Some even feel they haven't fallen away, when they have, their very religion is designed to handle that.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Well I very rarely participate in these end-times forums, but I will give a quick response.

Since it is talking about the son of perdition that is referring to the anti-Christ figure so it will be right before the end.

There is another passage where Jesus talks to His disciples about the end of days and it mentions miracles and signs and wonders, so my thought is that it will involve signs and wonders, probably false ones that people think is Jesus or God and that people may follow the anti-Christ type person, thinking it is God, but it is not.

Or...

The other thought is that it will be people that hate religion and God posing as sheep (ie. Wolves in sheep's clothing) who will purposefully circulate bad things throughout the Christian church to lead God's people astray. I think this might just happen because most people do not know the Bible nor what is the truth in it and listen to others, pastors ect. I think Satan will attack thet church from the inside in higher positions and pastors leading people purposefully astray.

Hope that makes sense.

One thing for sure is God's Word says it will be "those who did not believe the truth" so it will be against the Bible teaching or understanding.

Won't there be no Antichrist as people commonly define it? It simply says that in the Bible there are many antichrists, and they're anyone who's anti-Christ. That's it. Nothing more.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Won't there be no Antichrist as people commonly define it? It simply says that in the Bible there are many antichrists, and they're anyone who's anti-Christ. That's it. Nothing more.
Well, when it refers to the son of perdition in the end times that is who I am talking about. Not the word, anti-Christ, per se

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Look around you. The falling away refers to people who call themselves Christians but do not actually walk with God. The falling away is underway already.

Reactions: ADisciple
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

In my estimation, the "Falling Away" has already been in progress for quite some time--like, say, around 300 years. But this isn't to say it has progressed to its fullest potential. I think it'll be quite some time before it reaches it's zenith.

We can recognize it because it is just what it says it is--a separating away of people from/apart/against the Christian faith.

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

There are indications in the Scriptures that things will politically culminate in a person who "represents" the masses of individuals who harbor anti-christian sentiment. But, that's a while in coming, I think. (And I could be wrong, but I have my reasons for thinking as I do ...)

However, it could be more than one individual since the prophecies are more about patterns of meaning than about exacting, linear, literal predictions.

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Or...

Hope that makes sense.

I think pastors have been leading people astray for many years already.

Just wondering, since you mention the anti-Christ, and you seem very certain that the "son of perdition" and "the anti-Christ" are one and the same. On what do you base that?

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think pastors have been leading people astray for many years already.

Just wondering, since you mention the anti-Christ, and you seem very certain that the "son of perdition" and "the anti-Christ" are one and the same. On what do you base that?
I know of twice that the 'son of perdition' is used. One is Judas Iscarriot who gave Jesus over to be crucified and in 2 Thess referring to the end-times. Both times it refers to very, very bad person. A reserved title for the worst of the worst.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come ia falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

John 17:12
12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Even in Matthew 23 Jesus referred to the Pharisee's as Vipers which is very strong wording, He saved the 'son of perdition' for Judas.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Judas was by no means "the worst of the worst". He was simply a man whom Jesus allowed to be tempted by Satan, while he protected the others. Note that Jesus could have "kept" all the disciples, including Judas but "so that scripture might be fulfilled" he had to let one go.

In doing so, Satan was able to tempt Judas. The very next day Judas was filled with remorse and even threw away the money he'd received and hanged himself. If he was the worst of the worst he would've enjoyed seeing Jesus suffer and further enjoyed his bag of coins to the fullest without a hint of remorse.

Therefore I think more thought needs to be put into the phrase "son of perdition". The word perdition is actually used eight times in scripture, each time meaning destruction, and each time referring to any or all those who are not saved. Remember that Jesus kept the disciples, except one, and so we can see that anyone who belongs to Jesus is safe from perdition, but everyone else is in danger of it. In other words, there is not one man of perdition, but many.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Judas was by no means "the worst of the worst". He was simply a man whom Jesus allowed to be tempted by Satan, while he protected the others. Note that Jesus could have "kept" all the disciples, including Judas but "so that scripture might be fulfilled" he had to let one go.

In doing so, Satan was able to tempt Judas. The very next day Judas was filled with remorse and even threw away the money he'd received and hanged himself. If he was the worst of the worst he would've enjoyed seeing Jesus suffer and further enjoyed his bag of coins to the fullest without a hint of remorse.

Therefore I think more thought needs to be put into the phrase "son of perdition". The word perdition is actually used eight times in scripture, each time meaning destruction, and each time referring to any or all those who are not saved. Remember that Jesus kept the disciples, except one, and so we can see that anyone who belongs to Jesus is safe from perdition, but everyone else is in danger of it. In other words, there is not one man of perdition, but many.
I disagree.

Judas held the money and had been stealing from Jesus all along. Jesus even said that Judas was lost.

So I stand behind my statement.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 27:3
When Judas, who had betrayed him, saw that Jesus was condemned, he was seized with remorse and returned the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and the elders.

If you believe that Judas kept the money, then you don't believe the Bible. And please show me where it tells us that Judas had been stealing from Jesus all along. I never heard that before.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 27:3
When Judas, who had betrayed him, saw that Jesus was condemned, he was seized with remorse and returned the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and the elders.

If you believe that Judas kept the money, then you don't believe the Bible. And please show me where it tells us that Judas had been stealing from Jesus all along. I never heard that before.
John 12:5-7
5 “Why wasn’t this perfume sold for three hundred denarii and the money given to the poor?” 6 Judas did not say this because he cared about the poor, but because he was a thief. As keeper of the money bag, he used to take from what was put into it. 7“Leave her alone,” Jesus replied. “She was intended to keep this perfume to prepare for the day of My burial

Reactions: 4x4toy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Good one. Nevertheless, even as a thief, my point stands. He was not the worst of the worst for he was filled with remorse and he returned the money.
Not to Jesus that he stole.

The money he got from the Pharisee's for turning Jesus in to them.

And if Jesus called him a 'son of perdition' I'm not sure how you can disagree with Jesus and be right. :scratch:

That is not a good policy, not following Jesus words. I would rethink that.

Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

The "Falling away" is a term that has been used in shipping for eons. When a ship leaves a harbor for a distant land, it is said to be 'falling away.' This is referring to the 'catching away' of the saints, the dead and those that are still alive. When the catching away happens the Holy Ghost will also be caught away. For He has done His work, and the 'fullness of the Gentiles has come in.' He is the one that 'letteth' and if He is still here the man of sin cannot come. The Holy Ghost will not be needed after that. All who believe after that will not have the help of the Holy Ghost, they will be on their own, just them and God.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The "Falling away" is a term that has been used in shipping for eons. When a ship leaves a harbor for a distant land, it is said to be 'falling away.' This is referring to the 'catching away' of the saints, the dead and those that are still alive. When the catching away happens the Holy Ghost will also be caught away. For He has done His work, and the 'fullness of the Gentiles has come in.' He is the one that 'letteth' and if He is still here the man of sin cannot come. The Holy Ghost will not be needed after that. All who believe after that will not have the help of the Holy Ghost, they will be on their own, just them and God.
I have heard it described as you quoted.From reading the scripture, it seems as if it would be something dramatic in nature. And, imho, if it does refer to the catching away of the saints, it would be very noticeable to everyone .

• Agree
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have heard it described as you quoted.From reading the scripture, it seems as if it would be something dramatic in nature. And, imho, if it does refer to the catching away of the saints, it would be very noticeable to everyone .

Yes it would be very noticeable to everyone. When we are caught away our bodies will be changed in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, all the earthly things on and of our bodies will be left where we were and we will be gone. Yes it will be very dramatic for all that are not caught away. Those that are not caught away will see all these things and realize what has happened and then the feeling if dread, sadness, shame, and crying will come upon them. They will then believe that all that they had heard was true. Some to life, some to condemnation. Let us pray for them all.

Upvote 0