What will happen if Trump loses the election?

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I'm actually very surprised that so many people have only the faintest knowledge of how the Electoral College works; and now we can add "gerrymandering" it it. Do they even teach civics in school anymore?:sigh:

That's exactly what I've thought when reading your posts!

Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
If Trump loses the election, then the outcome is simple: the balloting machines just sort of alter...themselves...to make sure that Trump in fact does win. Election meddling? What election meddling? Remember, America is a democracy! Every vote counts. Or, not....

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,892.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Election meddling? What election meddling? Remember, America is a democracy! Every vote counts. Or, not....
Does it matter when both sides serve the same institutions? People a part of that? Hardly.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ger·ry·man·der
/ˈjerēˌmandər/
verb
  1. manipulate the boundaries of (an electoral constituency) so as to favor one party or class.
Using my California example, how is eliminating 49% of the vote within the state boundaries to get 100% of electors favoring one party not meeting that definition?

And with that, we've met my 3 exchange rule, so I'll wish you the best and move on

I live in Texas and I feel the same way about the Electoral College. I know I will feel the same when the next presidential election comes around because of my personal decision to not vote Republican. I distanced myself from the current Republican Party shortly after the last election because I don't want to be politically associated with Trump or have my personal Christian faith associated with him.

Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I live in Texas and I feel the same way about the Electoral College. I know I will feel the same when the next presidential election comes around because of my personal decision to not vote Republican. I distanced myself from the current Republican Party shortly after the last election because I don't want to be politically associated with Trump or have my personal Christian faith associated with him.

I've made the same personal decision. It used to be that I was able to look at each candidate, regardless of political party, and make choices based on policy and issues (and what I could see of their overall character) and have a mix of different parties on my ballot, but I don't know that I'll ever be able to vote Republican again. I'm not sure that the damage done to the party is reversible now that it's been completely co-opted by Trump idolizers and religious extremists.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,892.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm not sure that the damage done to the party is reversible now that it's been completely co-opted by Trump idolizers and religious extremists.
The powers behind the DC throne are seeking the likes of previous dictators that swayed masses of people without effort. They want to sway the world. They might have better luck with Beyonce than Trump but the idea is the same.
Consider all the movies and theories etc, that have man trying to bring about the end of days,, the rapture, whatever. Most people associate that with a return of Jesus but these folks are more interested in the false messiah and bringing about it's reign. Takes both sides in the end so the concept is not very far fetched.

Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've made the same personal decision. It used to be that I was able to look at each candidate, regardless of political party, and make choices based on policy and issues (and what I could see of their overall character) and have a mix of different parties on my ballot, but I don't know that I'll ever be able to vote Republican again. I'm not sure that the damage done to the party is reversible now that it's been completely co-opted by Trump idolizers and religious extremists.

I once voted between party lines too, but now I'm not sure I can do that anymore. I don't know if I can ever bring myself to vote Republican again even after Trump is out of office. I'm disgusted with the current Republican Party to the point where I don't want anything to do with it anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

Ricky M

Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The over-riding issue is that the world is on a path to the antichrist, and it's not going to get there being led by righteous leaders. Whoever replaces Trump, be they republican or democrat, will be yet another stepping stone in that direction. Honestly, I may never vote for another president from either side.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And you're doing it again. I'm making a point about Trump and his idolizers and you're again trying to deflect to something completely different and irrelevant to the point I was making.

Classic #whataboutism

When the behavior of Trump idolizers is ALWAYS excusing whatever actions he makes and supporting them, then in a scenario where he seizes power, the behavior isn't going to change.

Ok, so you've made a statement. How do you want me to respond to it so that you don't refer to what I say as a "whataboutism" (which is simply a way of dismissing any opposition to your statement)?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't even know if you're joking about this?? I mean. Where do you get your news dude? o_O

Right now I'm attempting to get at least part of it from you since you're dismissing the 4 day old calendar that shows when the primaries are scheduled. I got my "news" from the most updated schedule. If you don't believe it's accurate, then tell me what has changed over the past 4 days.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Right now I'm attempting to get at least part of it from you since you're dismissing the 4 day old calendar that shows when the primaries are scheduled. I got my "news" from the most updated schedule. If you don't believe it's accurate, then tell me what has changed over the past 4 days.

You get your news from the schedule & not from the actual news?? Why do you need ME to keep you informed? If you were younger than me then sure I'd help you out but dude..... I'll teach the man how to fish. Ok. Google this but instead of just going through all the results click News and look at those results.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You get your news from the schedule & not from the actual news?? Why do you need ME to keep you informed? If you were younger than me then sure I'd help you out but dude..... I'll teach the man how to fish. Ok. Google this but instead of just going through all the results click News and look at those results.

News sources such as the NYTimes? Fine. Let's take a look at what they have to say. Oh look! It's another calendar showing the dates, only this time it's only 2 days old. Is that good enough? If not, then show me a link indicating something that disagrees with it. Meanwhile, here's the NYTimes link showing the schedule as of 2 days ago: 2020 Presidential Election Calendar

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
News sources such as the NYTimes? Fine. Let's take a look at what they have to say. Oh look! It's another calendar showing the dates, only this time it's only 2 days old. Is that good enough? If not, then show me a link indicating something that disagrees with it. Meanwhile, here's the NYTimes link showing the schedule as of 2 days ago: 2020 Presidential Election Calendar

Good 1st step. Keep working on it. The NYT itself has an article that will spell things out for you. Hint: it's dated 9/10.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Good 1st step. Keep working on it. The NYT itself has an article that will spell things out for you. Hint: it's dated 9/10.

I'm not interested in playing games. If I'm not to believe the calendar of events that they themselves have posted, then I probably shouldn't believe their article either (unless it's something against Trump, of course.)

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I'm not interested in playing games. If I'm not to believe the calendar of events that they themselves have posted, then I probably shouldn't believe their article either.

I'm not interested in doing your homework.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm not interested in doing your homework.

It's not my homework. Go back to posts 85 and 86 and you'll notice that I'm not the one claiming that there's something more to be known than what was originally posted, and yet refuse to say it.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
It's not my homework. Go back to posts 85 and 86 and you'll notice that I'm not the one claiming that there's something more to be known than what was originally posted, and yet refuse to say it.

Yep, it absolutely is your homework that you didn't know what I was already talking about despite it being all over the news & haven't found it out for yourself yet.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yep, it absolutely is your homework that you didn't know what I was already talking about despite it being all over the news & haven't found it out for yourself yet.

Then I'll do my "homework" as best I can.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
If it was homework, it would mean I'm still in school, and I'd be having to refer to you as Miss Cimorene, and I'd be getting paddled if I don't turn in my homework on time tomorrow. And yes, they actually used to do that at one of the many schools I attended in my pre-teen years.

But since none of this is actually the case, why don't you simply tell me what you want me and everyone else to know?

o_O Dude this has gotten way too weird.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
o_O Dude this has gotten way too weird.

Then I'll go back to the OP topic again.
What'll I do? Same thing as when McCain lost. Hope that America will survive until the next opportunity comes along to correct all the mistakes that the next 4-8 years would generate.

Upvote 0