What will happen if Trump loses the election?

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Is that what you call the Democratic National Committee--"a tiny % of ppl?"

Show me reputable sources where the Democratic National Committee claimed there were no incidents of voter fraud, vs just refuting the bogus claims by Trump of being widespread.

They absolutely know there is voter fraud since Trump praised a voter guilty of it.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
o_O Nope, I'm not inventing anything. Several states are pushing that there be now Republican primaries.
Let's see. There are 50 states. Two or three have decided to not hold primaries in 2020. How does that constitute "no primaries?"

He whined nonstop about the process being "rigged" but now Republicans are rigging the system against him by pushing that there be no Republican primaries even though there's Republican challengers.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Let's see. There are 50 states. Two or three have decided to not hold primaries in 2020. How does that constitute "no primaries?"

Let's see. I guess you could choose to interpret it that way. I do so very much apologize from the bottom of my heart for not being crystal clear in my internet forum posts, lol. Maybe Trump's laziness with his posts have rubbed off on me. What I wrote is true, that Republicans have pushed for there to be no primaries, though I guess I should have really dedicated more effort in my dealings with you to make things clearer. Most people haven't had any difficulty whatsoever understanding what was meant, but......I did make a point of clarifying the post just for the Trump supporters here.

• Winner
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Let's see. I guess you could choose to interpret it that way. I do so very much apologize from the bottom of my heart for not being crystal clear in my internet forum posts, lol. Maybe Trump's laziness with his posts have rubbed off on me. What I wrote is true, that Republicans have pushed for there to be no primaries, though I guess I should have really dedicated more effort in my dealings with you to make things clearer. Most people haven't had any difficulty whatsoever understanding what was meant, but......I did make a point of clarifying the post just for the Trump supporters here.

Here are the ones scheduled so far for both parties: 2020 Presidential Election Calendar

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My concern is that if Trump loses in 2020 (and I sincerely pray and hope that he does) that he will launch a television network that will make Fox News broadcasters look like flower children by comparison. The content will be similar to his tweets, verbalized and repeated over and over. He will name-call and demean all those who oppose him.

The upside, I suppose, is that his followers might become couch potatoes and watch him on TV instead of rioting in the streets. I don't think he will get any new followers; he hasn't in the first two years of his presidency.

On the other hand, when he disembarks Air Force One in NYC he may be greeted by federal indictments from the Southern District of NY (based on the evidence Robert Mueller saved to be used when he was no longer president) ad from the State of NY. Hopefully, the judge would put him under a gag order so that we never had to hear him again.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The upside, I suppose, is that his followers might become couch potatoes and watch him on TV instead of rioting in the streets. I don't think he will get any new followers; he hasn't in the first two years of his presidency.
Sheep only follow wolves that will protect them. He will be of no further use.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I hope there are primaries. I am not a Republican, but I might make a small donation to his opponents' campaigns. They are each a profile in courage, courage that is severely lacking in Republicans in Congress and especially in the Senate.

One can be loyal to one's political beliefs without supporting every single proposal the leader of the party makes--or every single justice proposed for approval. There have been a number of judicial recommendations that were opposed by the American Bar Association, for example, because of a candidate's extreme youth and lack of experience. At least one had never appeared in a courtroom. Others had college newspaper articles and other paper trails indicating extreme points of view which cast doubts on their ability to look at both sides of an issue. Departments like the Environmental Protection Agency and the Interior are meant to protect our natural resources. Appointing energy lobbyists to these positions is unacceptable. I could go on, but you get my drift.

We need a few dozen more John McCains in the Republican Party.

Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
My goal isn't to change your point. It was to address it.

Here is what you said when you originally made your point:

Notice the part I have indicated.
What you conveniently and dismissively refer to as a "whataboutism" (one of the latest tactics we've come to expect when someone doesn't have a substantive response) is an example of how the other side is using the exact same type of reasoning that "The alternative is worse".

If you require further explanation, click the link I provided in my previous post.

And you're doing it again. I'm making a point about Trump and his idolizers and you're again trying to deflect to something completely different and irrelevant to the point I was making.

Classic #whataboutism

When the behavior of Trump idolizers is ALWAYS excusing whatever actions he makes and supporting them, then in a scenario where he seizes power, the behavior isn't going to change.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
It is impossible to gerrymander the Electoral College.

Right from the beginning the electoral college was set up as a gerrymander.

Upvote 0

carp614

Apr 21, 2016
Home
✟29,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
*sigh* This one turned out to be pretty cringe worthy...

Nothing of any real substance will happen, regardless of who gets elected. There will be a bunch of talk by a bunch of people. Threats and insinuations will be made. Grandstanding will occur. Some unstable people on both sides will do various nefarious deeds in protest. Then we'll all move on...staring at the enemy from our own ramparts complaining to our fellows about how terrible the enemy is, how lost they are, how we are all going to be destroyed one day because of them...

It all just needs to stop. The people you are told to hate for believing the wrong thing are people...people. Anyone who is selling you the idea that they are a "they" should be unceremoniously ejected from your life.

Also, please stop with the ridiculous hyperbole about violence in the streets. Gas is cheap, Unemployment is low, very few people are hungry or oppressed. We as a culture are far too fat, dumb, and happy to engage in any serious level of that nonsense.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I hope there are primaries. I am not a Republican, but I might make a small donation to his opponents' campaigns. They are each a profile in courage, courage that is severely lacking in Republicans in Congress and especially in the Senate.

One can be loyal to one's political beliefs without supporting every single proposal the leader of the party makes--or every single justice proposed for approval. There have been a number of judicial recommendations that were opposed by the American Bar Association, for example, because of a candidate's extreme youth and lack of experience. At least one had never appeared in a courtroom. Others had college newspaper articles and other paper trails indicating extreme points of view which cast doubts on their ability to look at both sides of an issue. Departments like the Environmental Protection Agency and the Interior are meant to protect our natural resources. Appointing energy lobbyists to these positions is unacceptable. I could go on, but you get my drift.

We need a few dozen more John McCains in the Republican Party.

Several Republicans are retiring. Will Hurd, the only black Republican in the House, decided against seeking reelection. He's only in his early 40s so he's not retiring from work, lol, just Congress. He's just done with this.

Opinion | The Republicans Are Dropping Like Flies

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is impossible to gerrymander the Electoral College.
the Electoral College is the very definition of gerrymandering

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
the Electoral College is the very definition of gerrymandering
I'm actually very surprised that so many people have only the faintest knowledge of how the Electoral College works; and now we can add "gerrymandering" it it. Do they even teach civics in school anymore?:sigh:

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm actually very surprised that so many people have only the faintest knowledge of how the Electoral College works; and now we can add "gerrymandering" it it. Do they even teach civics in school anymore?:sigh:
Gerrymandering is manipulating population counts to sway an election. In California, if Republicans get 49% of the vote and Democrats get 51% of the vote, 100% of the vote goes to the Democrat. If that's not swaying population numbers to throw an election, you're right I don't know what is.

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Gerrymandering is manipulating population counts to sway an election. In California, if Republicans get 49% of the vote and Democrats get 51% of the vote, 100% of the vote goes to the Democrat. If that's not swaying population numbers to throw an election, you're right I don't know what is.
Uh, no. That isn't what "gerrymandering" refers to.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Uh, no. That isn't what "gerrymandering" refers to.
ger·ry·man·der
/ˈjerēˌmandər/
verb
  1. manipulate the boundaries of (an electoral constituency) so as to favor one party or class.
Using my California example, how is eliminating 49% of the vote within the state boundaries to get 100% of electors favoring one party not meeting that definition?

And with that, we've met my 3 exchange rule, so I'll wish you the best and move on

Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0