• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

What will happen if Trump loses the election?

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by Ricky M, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Ricky M

Ricky M Well-Known Member Supporter

+852
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I fear his supporters, a well armed group, will be rioting in the streets.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Not David

Not David Der Ewige Katechumene

+4,422
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Didn't that happen when he won?

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  3. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+14,904
    Christian
    Married
    Nah, they'll probably just start denying they ever voted for him. :wave:
    tulc("President Trump who?") :scratch:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  4. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+16,772
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    I'm not so cynical that I think America has totally abandoned democracy and the peaceful transition of power.

I suspect a lot of angry rhetoric, but no I don't think we'll see armed insurrection.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Ricky M

+852
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    No, they were busy providing the world's largest crowd at the Washington Mall.

6. Ricky M

+852
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    America, no. Radical conservatives? I'm buying a vest.

7. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+32,117
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    In fact yes. Violent protesters destroying public and private property. There were some assaults if memory serves.

Most of the so called heavily armed are law abiding gun owners.

8. ViaCrucis

+16,772
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    I'm not sure living in fear of one's neighbor is a healthy mindset to have. Perhaps I'm being naive. But I'd prefer to be optimistic looking forward.

-CryptoLutheran

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+32,117
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  10. Ricky M

+852
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    All my neighbors plan to vote against him, especially those in the mid west. Trouble is, their only choice will be to replace one bad apple with yet another. When did we go from voting for the best candidate to voting for the lesser evil?

11. Not David

Not David Der Ewige Katechumene

+4,422
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Democracy

12. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli Well-Known Member

+2,615
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Well, I'll be voting for Trump again. If he loses to Joe Biden, that'll just mean a return to the establishment. No biggie.

(I doubt the Democrats would ever let a non-establishment candidate through)

13. Ricky M

+852
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Exactly. Which is why we are in dire straights. No good candidates on either side.

14. Ricky M

+852
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Still learning the rules, I suspect This Thread will be taken down.

15. Brian Mcnamee

Brian Mcnamee Well-Known Member

+826
    Non-Denom
    Married
    no matter who wins Bible prophecy is going to come to pass. Who ever wins will have a 24 trillion debt as we enter a recession that could trigger a total global monetary failure. The moral conditions of the world are demanding judgment and apart from national repentance we are toast no matter who wins.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  16. ViaCrucis

+16,772
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    As long as we use the first-past-the-post voting system it will always come down to a two party system and the spoiler effect; strategically voting not for the candidate you want, but voting to keep the candidate you don't want out of power, i.e. the lesser of two evils. In other words, voting in America has always been about voting for the lesser evil.

Fixing that problem means radically changing how we do voting. One would need to eliminate first-past-the-post voting and implement something completely different.

-CryptoLutheran

17. Jonaitis

Jonaitis Pilgrim

+3,021
    United States
    Reformed
    Single
    US-Republican
    Inevitable. It is the most attractive regimes, as Socrates once said, but inevitably opens the door for one to become a tyrant with a following who will fight tooth and nail to get their way.

18. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,740
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    How many people are you talking about? Do you know how many people are ready to riot?

Also > being a rioter can be very different than a "well-armed" terrorist or revolutionary who is ready to kill. How many people do you think are ready to murder police and soldiers?? Such "well-armed" people are not only rioters who do not use firearms.

Ones doing a well-armed thing are not likely to bring their expensive weapons into some square where they can be isolated and lose their weapons. So, these won't be likely to riot like a bunch of cheap-shot thugs.

How many people do you know are ready to arm themselves, get trained, and use lethal force?? My opinion is not many. Their numbers at the most will be like a bunch of lone-wolf terrorists sucker-killing people, here and there . . . like we see already happening. They aren't well-organized, and they can not stand up to even local police. And I doubt you have verified facts to prove otherwise.

Also . . . it seems the ones now doing militia anti-government training are hiding somewhere while doing it. It is legal, of course > their rights are protected by police who would risk their lives to protect the families of those militia anti-government people :)

While some of those militia people are hiding somewhere, in order to do their training exercises, there are police officers risking their lives to protect the families of those radicals!!

Do you think such people can run a country of now more than three hundred million citizens???? I doubt the threat of terrorism will keep people from voting for other than Donald. And, for us Christians, Jesus says to expect people to threaten us. We know we have more than what foolish worldly violent people can get >

"Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us." (Romans 8:37)

Conquerors use violence and threats to get what they are capable of getting; but we in Jesus have methods for getting what is so better. So, that violence-dependent stuff is defeated by Jesus; plus, howsoever Satanic people act up, we have God personally resisting evil people >

"God resists the proud" (in James 4:6, and in 1 Peter 5:5).

God is almighty, succeeding in howsoever He pleases to resist whoever He knows is proud.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  19. Basil the Great

Basil the Great Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,771
    Christian
    Private
    US-Green
    Oh my.... finally someone who raises the issue of the National Debt. If only millions more would be so concerned, then the country might have a future.....

20. ilovejcsog

ilovejcsog I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox

+889
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Yes, from the other side.