What will be fundamentally different about the future millennial kingdom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

It is unreasonable to assume that the one meant here only does this in this age, but once the one meant here is cast into the LOF though, he no longer opens his mouth in blasphemy against God ever again.
That verse is not even talking about a human being. It's figurative language. The beast is not a human being because the beast was, is not, and will ascend out of the pit in the future (Rev 17:8). Do you understand that the beast existed before John wrote the book of Revelation? Why do you keep wanting to think the beast is a man? He would have to be over 2,000 years old by now.

But, even if the beast was a man, I don't see your point. How do you figure that people will be able to continue doing the sins they do during this lifetime even after they are cast into the lake of fire? That makes no sense.

Granted, some forms of sinning would not be taking place, such as murder, stealing, so on and so on.
That's exactly my point.

But that's irrelevant if those being punished are cursing God, since that would obviously qualify as sinning, thus sinning undeniably continues throughout all of eternity if one concludes that eternal conscious torment is what the Bible is teaching.
Why would them not being able to commit other sins be irrelevant? Also, you have no evidence to show that they would be cursing God for eternity. Until you show that, there's no reason to take you seriously about this.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where does it say that they will be doing that? Show me. Don't make claims without any evidence to back it up. You know better than that.

For one I just proved it per my last post with that of Revelation 13:6, unless you want to insist that the beast does not continue to do that while being punished in the LOF, or that if he does continue to do that while being punished, that doesn't qualify as sinning. I'm certain you not going to insist that does not qualify as sinning. That then cancels out the latter option, thus only leaving the former option being what you would have to conclude if you insist sinning does not continue throughout all eternity---the beast does not continue to do that while being punished in the LOF.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟200,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a fundamental problem with the wording of this post's title. It presumes that the millennium is in our future. It's not.

The internal evidence of Revelation reveals that the millennium is definitely in the past, and lets us know exactly WHEN it already ended. The conditions present in that millennium are a subject that can be discussed separately from this dating issue.

There were two things that Revelation says would occur simultaneously with the ending of the millennium period.

#1) Satan would be loosed for only a "little season" of time when the millennium "expired" (Rev. 20:3 and 7).
#2) The "remnant of the dead" called the "First Resurrection" would "live again" when the millennium was "finished" (Rev. 20:5).

In Revelation 12:12, John told his readers of those days that Satan in great wrath was already loosed for a "short time" to persecute the inhabitants of the earth and the sea. "....the Devil is come down unto you" (present tense for that time), "having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time."

That Rev. 20:5 "remnant of the dead" coming to life again was called "the FIRST resurrection". We are told in 1 Cor. 15:20 and 23 that Christ was the "FIRST-fruits". Christ's resurrection as the "FIRST-fruits" composed that "FIRST resurrection", as well as the 144,000 "FIRST-fruits" who were the Matthew 27:52-53 saints that Christ resurrected along with Himself. This "remnant of the dead" - the 144,000 "FIRST-fruits" - shared the same title as Christ did, because those Jewish tribal members simultaneously shared the same experience that day of coming out of their graves in Jerusalem when Christ raised them.

If both of these two qualifiers above dating the end of the millennium have already been fulfilled in AD 33, then we can conclude that the literal thousand-year millennium is a PAST period of history, ever since AD 33.

So, are we in the NHNE now?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟200,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For one I just proved it per my last post with that of Revelation 13:6, unless you want to insist that the beast does not continue to do that while being punished in the LOF, or that if he does continue to do that while being punished, that doesn't qualify as sinning. I'm certain you not going to insist that does not qualify as sinning. That then cancels out the latter option, thus only leaving the former option being what you would have to conclude if you insist sinning does not continue throughout all eternity---the beast does not continue to do that while being punished in the LOF.

Please stop avoiding the issues/questions of others. You have totally done a 180 degree turn. What you quoted in Revelation 13:6 is the beast in the here-and-now in the abyss. That is altogether different from your claim that the wicked are "shouting curses to God" for all eternity in the LOF.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I have. I don't appreciate your false accusation.

Your replies to some of these posts prove you have not thought some of these things all the way through. I never once suggested you never thought any of these things all the way through, as in none, I only said 'some things', which doesn't mean everything. So I don't know why you are acting all offended here, as if you have never made an observation about others yourself as well, that they haven't thought some things all the way through, and that you told them this publicly.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
There is a fundamental problem with the wording of this post's title. It presumes that the millennium is in our future. It's not.

The internal evidence of Revelation reveals that the millennium is definitely in the past, and lets us know exactly WHEN it already ended. The conditions present in that millennium are a subject that can be discussed separately from this dating issue.

There were two things that Revelation says would occur simultaneously with the ending of the millennium period.

#1) Satan would be loosed for only a "little season" of time when the millennium "expired" (Rev. 20:3 and 7).
#2) The "remnant of the dead" called the "First Resurrection" would "live again" when the millennium was "finished" (Rev. 20:5).

In Revelation 12:12, John told his readers of those days that Satan in great wrath was already loosed for a "short time" to persecute the inhabitants of the earth and the sea. "....the Devil is come down unto you" (present tense for that time), "having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time."

That Rev. 20:5 "remnant of the dead" coming to life again was called "the FIRST resurrection". We are told in 1 Cor. 15:20 and 23 that Christ was the "FIRST-fruits". Christ's resurrection as the "FIRST-fruits" composed that "FIRST resurrection", as well as the 144,000 "FIRST-fruits" who were the Matthew 27:52-53 saints that Christ resurrected along with Himself. This "remnant of the dead" - the 144,000 "FIRST-fruits" - shared the same title as Christ did, because those Jewish tribal members simultaneously shared the same experience that day of coming out of their graves in Jerusalem when Christ raised them.

If both of these two qualifiers above dating the end of the millennium have already been fulfilled in AD 33, then we can conclude that the literal thousand-year millennium is a PAST period of history, ever since AD 33.
I don’t assume it’s in our future. The OP is for those who do.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Maybe you are unaware, but the poster that created the OP does not even believe the millennium to be future. From his perspective then, the OP is hypothetical, apparently.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is talking about those who love and practice a lie during this temporary lifetime being cast into the lake of fire at the GWTJ. Where are you getting the idea that they will love and practice lies after being cast into the lake of fire? You're reading things into the text that aren't there.

Seems you are reading into the text that which is not there.

This text is CLEARLY portraying the reality AFTER the GWTJ:

14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

Unless your claim is that we who do His Commandments, right now, in this temporary lifetime, may presently "enter into the Gates of the City?
Or are we who do His commandments today still prevented from doing that presently?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since so many have decided to not actually address the OP, I’m going to request that it be closed. I’ll probably do another one that’s more direct.

FWIW, I did at least attempt to address one of the questions you asked, where I did that in post #72, the last paragraph. The point I made, if someone refuses to go up to worship the King in the past 2000 years, assuming Zechariah 14:16-19 involves the past 2000 years rather than events post the 2nd coming, the text indicates they will receive no rain. How is something like that explained in this age pertaining to the past 2000 years? Who, of the families of Egypt, for instance, over the past 2000 years, have ever been threatened with no rain for failing to comply with what is commanded of them to do? If literal rain is not meant, what is meant by rain here? Also, the text indicates that Zechariah 14:16-19 is meaning after the fulfillment of Zechariah 14:12. Verse 12 hasn't even been fulfilled yet. No one could possibly convincingly argue that it has been fulfilled, the keyword being 'convincingly'.

So it seems to me then, even if they are miles away at the time, being denied rain for failing to comply could certainly be a way to make them comply.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Admin hat on
your-attention-please.jpg

This thread has been closed by the OP's request.

Hat off.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.