What will a UBI of 12,000 PA per person & a min. wage of 15.00 pH by 2025 do for immigration?

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
UBI
Even some in the Banking Industry (more control through Digital Currency) and the Corporate World (Pure Survival – people need money to buy products) are behind the ideal of some sort of UBI.

The most they offer is $10,000 per year. The True Democracy Party Proposal is four (4) times that amount at $40,000 per year, easily paid for with Debt-free U.S. Treasury Funds.

(TRILLENNIUM PLATFORM PART 3: UBI Universal Basic Income – U.S. Citizen’s Governance Pay)

Minimum Wage
I would assume the minimum wage will have to be kept ahead of the UBI

Guaranteed money was allegedly used in England to help immigration back around January 2011 I think it was, Polish electricians were told, unofficially I'd guess, that they would get unemployment pay from the day they set foot in England and certainly they came over in droves and depressed the electrician pay. I was an electrician at the time and got that through the grape vine, and also that foreign workers were prone to collecting unemployment pay while working, and not worried at that time of being caught.

If that situation is true then I think it shows a financial incentive can be used to increase immigration with the benefit of reducing wage costs.

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Minimum Wage
I would assume the minimum wage will have to be kept ahead of the UBI

You assume incorrectly.
Universal
Basic
Income.

Everyone gets it, no matter what you earn. Hence, "universal"

Upvote 0

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
A minimum wage of 15 pH? Now, that's what I call basic income. I didn't think it could get higher than 14.
^^^^Why wasn't this the end of the thread???

This is brilliant!!! LOL

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0