• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

What will a UBI of 12,000 PA per person & a min. wage of 15.00 pH by 2025 do for immigration?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by MorkandMindy, Jul 20, 2019.

1. MorkandMindy

MorkandMindy Senior Veteran Supporter

+375
    United States
    Single
    US-Others
    UBI
    Even some in the Banking Industry (more control through Digital Currency) and the Corporate World (Pure Survival – people need money to buy products) are behind the ideal of some sort of UBI.

The most they offer is $10,000 per year. The True Democracy Party Proposal is four (4) times that amount at $40,000 per year, easily paid for with Debt-free U.S. Treasury Funds.

(TRILLENNIUM PLATFORM PART 3: UBI Universal Basic Income – U.S. Citizen’s Governance Pay)

Minimum Wage
    I would assume the minimum wage will have to be kept ahead of the UBI

Guaranteed money was allegedly used in England to help immigration back around January 2011 I think it was, Polish electricians were told, unofficially I'd guess, that they would get unemployment pay from the day they set foot in England and certainly they came over in droves and depressed the electrician pay. I was an electrician at the time and got that through the grape vine, and also that foreign workers were prone to collecting unemployment pay while working, and not worried at that time of being caught.

If that situation is true then I think it shows a financial incentive can be used to increase immigration with the benefit of reducing wage costs.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Nonexistent Member

+1,516
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    A minimum wage of 15 pH? Now, that's what I call basic income. I didn't think it could get higher than 14.

3. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+9,535
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    US-Democrat

4. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+3,130
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    You assume incorrectly.
    Universal
    Basic
    Income.

Everyone gets it, no matter what you earn. Hence, "universal"

5. carlv_52

carlv_52 Active Member

+438
    United States
    Seeker
    In Relationship
    ^^^^Why wasn't this the end of the thread???

This is brilliant!!! LOL

6. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath

+1,075
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Well done!