• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

What were you doing in...1985?!

Discussion in 'MILLENNIALS (1981 to 1998)' started by Kol, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Kol

Kol Working on it

+93
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Thought this might be a fun game. This is the 30-something board, so we'll start with 1985; I'll take it, and the next poster takes 1986, then 1987 and so on. We each talk about what we were doing in the year we post. If we get to 2015 we'll just start over. So:

In 1985 I was 5. I remember watching Turbo Teen and Transformers on Channel 46 on an old floor set TV. Out in the backyard I climbed an old tree, and played on my swingset from Toys R Us.

A gallon of gas was $0.79 where we lived, in Mableton, Georgia. That year there was a really bad blizzard, and we walked to the nearby store to buy steamy doughnuts and hot chocolate...

Alright, 1986, go!

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Jesse2014

Jesse2014 Guest

+0
    In 1986, I was six years old.

I was in therapy. I played with carebear toys. I also watched carebears, strawberry shortcake, smurfs, & heman on tv. I was obcess with the disney channel.

My mom did daycare. So I played with the kids. I lived in Sonoma, California.

3. Bobby H

Bobby H Newbie

+28
    Christian
    Single
    In 1987 I played with my Captain Power toys often. It was warm on Christmas and there was no snow.

4. WingsOfAnEagle

WingsOfAnEagle Guest

+0
    I was 2 years old so I haven't the slightest clue.^_^

5. JonahGirl

JonahGirl Newbie

+7
    Non-Denom
    Single
    In 1988, I was 4 and I was probably watching MTV. lol I have early memories of Cheap Trick videos and the Take On Me video.

6. Leet

Leet Newbie

+185
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I turned 8 in 1985 and I pretty much thought I was pUnKy BrEwStEr. ;)
    This phase lasted for...Oh, wait, maybe it's not a phase. :D

7. Jacob Jilg

Jacob Jilg Newbie

+13
    Catholic
    Single
    In 1989 I was 5 and was learning to read in kindergarten and playing monochrome black and green screen games on the school Apple2. It was a country school and there were only two kids in my class. The other kid, a girl, could already read and she was my idol.

8. look4hope

look4hope Love.Fellowship.Joy Supporter

+1,361
    Lutheran
    Private
    In 1990 I was 8 and
    was saying goodbye to my friends and family from my native country as my folks and little bro and I were getting ready to come live in the U.S.

Life in the 90's in Florida was defintely full of neon bright pants, beetlejuice, walks on the beach and learning English. :)

9. gennypearl

gennypearl ... Supporter

+45,628
    Catholic
    Single
    In 1991, I was 5 years old. I can't remember any significant detail of my life then. Hmmm........

10. Rhovanion

Rhovanion Queen of Pentacles

+26
    Atheist
    Single
    In 1992, I was 8 years old and I remember wearing biker shorts, large t-shirts with weird prints on them, LA Gear sneakers, slouch socks, slap bracelets and feeling like the coolest person in the world. :D

Sweden had just gotten its third (non-cable) TV-channel, and I remember being hooked on shows like Beverly Hills 90210, Full House, The Wonder Years, American Gladiators, MacGyver and Are You Afraid of the Dark. Good times! :thumbsup:

11. KatyAD111

KatyAD111 Newbie

+27
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Probably watching the smurfs, carbears, my little pony...and such. Going to Kitty College....fun stuff.

12. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God Supporter

+9,149
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    In 1994 I had just moved to Sterling Ct,and was in 8th grade. I loved it and had a good year.

13. Gospel Trafficker

Gospel Trafficker Trafficking the Gospel to parts unknown!

+72
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I was 8 years old, A novice Buddhist monk in a temple, meditating, and doing Kung Fu daily! Still do Kung fu to this day (30 years later). Man I LOVED the 80's!!!

14. CelticGrace

CelticGrace Legend

+1,074
    Methodist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    In 1996, I was 13 and in 7th and 8th grades (is that right? I think so) I was heavily involved in church, youth group and such, as well as sports (volleyball and softball) and jazz band and drama club at school. I had zero free time lol

15. rystalk

rystalk New Member

+3
    Christian
    I was 3. I was trying to pee while standing up. I saw my male cousin do it and thought I could do it better.

16. Ubuntu

Ubuntu wayfaring stranger

+512
    Protestant
    Single
    In 1998 I was 17-18 years old and was a high school student. I went to a boarding school, something which I enjoyed at the time. You're never really alone at such a place.

17. Cute Tink

Cute Tink Blah Supporter

+4,358
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    1999, I was 19 and my first child was born. I was living in an apartment for the first time with my spouse at the time and still going to college.

18. sk8brdkd

sk8brdkd Audio A Sk8er

+785
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    2000 --- just graduated high school and was trying to "find myself" --- living at home, hating it hating life --- good to know 15 yrs later, life is so much better --- got 3 jobs and an awesome best friend. What more could i want?

19. JAM2b

JAM2b Newbie

+1,686
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    In 2001 I was 25. I was married, had a three year old son and was a nursing student.

20. riona

riona Junior Member

+42
    Non-Denom
    Married
    In 2002 I was married and pregnant with my first child.