Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Yeah. And people think that Rosenberg is a Jewish name. Fuentes means fountain and originated in Castile.
It can be but it can also be Sephardic...

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The significance of which you have not demonstrated.
At times the sun appears orange, does this have anything to do with the citrus fruit?

The Sun isn't yellow, it's chicken.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The significance of which you have not demonstrated.
At times the sun appears orange, does this have anything to do with the citrus fruit?
I guess you have not been paying attention? IF he is Sephardic, then it is strange he would be antisemitic or a white supremacist...unless he does not know, which is highly possible...

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I guess you have not been paying attention? IF he is Sephardic, then it is strange he would be antisemitic or a white supremacist...unless he does not know, which is highly possible...

If his surname does reflect some sort of Sephardic origin all we can know is that several centuries ago his male line ancestor was Jewish. That is it.

If what I remember from reading last week is correct, it is only his father from Mexico that gives him Hispanic heritage.

Something else I thought I saw recently was a claim from him that he could use the N-word because he was "2% black". If that is true, do we have to call him "Black" as well? Must we use the "one drop rule"? (I hope not.)

The simple reality is that he identifies with being white (whatever that is) and Catholic and hates non-whites and Jews. It doesn't matter if he is not "pure white" (again, whatever that is); it doesn't matter whether he knows he has "impure blood" or not or whether that results in self-loathing (I also loath him). He is just a hateful little man who started his own antisemetic and racists group. Let's deal with that rather than speculations about whether his GGGGGGGGGGGGG grandfather was a Spanish Jew.

Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

Don't Panic

Nov 25, 2022
Newfield
✟2,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Oh, I have been paying attention, if I was to be classified by my surname, you would conclude that I am black and since I am not it only goes to show how absurd and weird your conclusions are based on his surname. And finally, even if your analysis were correct, it is irrelevant to who he is.

Alternatively, you seem to think that religion may be genetic? Either way, this is the 21st century and those ideas went out a long time ago.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
If his surname does reflect some sort of Sephardic origin all we can know is that several centuries ago his male line ancestor was Jewish. That is it.

If what I remember from reading last week is correct, it is only his father from Mexico that gives him Hispanic heritage.

Something else I thought I saw recently was a claim from him that he could use the N-word because he was "2% black". If that is true, do we have to call him "Black" as well? Must we use the "one drop rule"? (I hope not.)

The simple reality is that he identifies with being white (whatever that is) and Catholic and hates non-whites and Jews. It doesn't matter if he is not "pure white" (again, whatever that is); it doesn't matter whether he knows he has "impure blood" or not or whether that results in self-loathing (I also loath him). He is just a hateful little man who started his own antisemetic and racists group. Let's deal with that rather than speculations about whether his GGGGGGGGGGGGG grandfather was a Spanish Jew.

That is even weirder but I agree. Claims he is 2% black but hates blacks, says he is Catholic (there are lots of black Catholics), etc...yeah, white power type groups are usually WASPs and hate Catholics too. Not looking good for him as a white supremacist lol...its goofy IMO...

• Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Oh, I have been paying attention, if I was to be classified by my surname, you would conclude that I am black and since I am not it only goes to show how absurd and weird your conclusions are based on his surname. And finally, even if your analysis were correct, it is irrelevant to who he is.

Alternatively, you seem to think that religion may be genetic? Either way, this is the 21st century and those ideas went out a long time ago.

Smith can be a black surname...so no I would not conclude that you were black LOL. BTW, I made no conclusions, just opinions and observations.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That is even weirder but I agree. Claims he is 2% black but hates blacks, says he is Catholic (there are lots of black Catholics), etc...yeah, white power type groups are usually WASPs and hate Catholics too. Not looking good for him as a white supremacist lol...its goofy IMO...

There a lot of ways a bigot can deal with having a small "contamination" from those that he hates. If the "2% black" claim is correct (that is if he actually said it and it's not a misremembering on my part) it probably comes from one of those DNA ancestry tests. (From something I read in Science several years ago, low-level African ancestry is common in Mexico and largely originates in centuries back in ancestors most Mexicans don't even know about and may be hard to trace.) I've never heard the "Sephardic" thing from anyone but you, so even if true, it is unlikely he knows.

More importantly, is that Fuentes is a raging racist, antisemite and bigot and he takes no effort to conceal it. There are numerous media outlets that have written articles and gathered clips of his statements (largely from his video podcast). These include mainstream media outlets and those that specifically watch extremists and hate groups. I suggest you seek one out and get a taste for his vileness. For reasons related to board rules, I can't provide you with the specific links. The details of his personal identity won't really matter after that.

As for his Catholic nature, the idea of a Catholic white supremicist is not "goofy". Certainly some large racist movements (like the second and largest peak of the KKK about a century ago) and small extremist groups are very anti-Catholic, but that doesn't mean there aren't other racist groups that are open to racists from all sorts of Christianity. (Some may even be open to Jews and one of the most notorious white nationalists of the internet age, Richard Spencer, is an atheist.)

Finally on the Catholic thing, it is quite clear that Fuentes goal is a white, Catholic autocracy/dictatorship for the US because that's exactly what he has said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
There a lot of ways a bigot can deal with having a small "contamination" from those that he hates. If the "2% black" claim is correct (that is if he actually said it and it's not a misremembering on my part) it probably comes from one of those DNA ancestry tests. (From something I read in Science several years ago, low-level African ancestry is common in Mexico and largely originates in centuries back in ancestors most Mexicans don't even know about and may be hard to trace.) I've never heard the "Sephardic" thing from anyone but you, so even if true, it is unlikely he knows.

More importantly, is that Fuentes is a raging racist, antisemite and bigot and he takes no effort to conceal it. There are numerous media outlets that have written articles and gathered clips of his statements (largely from his video podcast). These include mainstream media outlets and those that specifically watch extremists and hate groups. I suggest you seek one out and get a taste for his vileness. For reasons related to board rules, I can't provide you with the specific links. The details of his personal identity won't really matter after that.

As for his Catholic nature, the idea of a Catholic white supremicist is not "goofy". Certainly some large racist movements (like the second and largest peak of the KKK about a century ago) and small extremist groups are very anti-Catholic, but that doesn't mean there aren't other racist groups that are open to racists from all sorts of Christianity. (Some may even be open to Jews and one of the most notorious white nationalists of the internet age, Richard Spencer, is an atheist.)

Finally on the Catholic thing, it is quite clear that Fuentes goal is a white, Catholic autocracy/dictatorship for the US because that's exactly what he has said.
Oh yeah, I am sure! I have never heard of him until this thread. I am not an expert on white supremacy or those type groups...

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Combined with the fact that when he puts himself in positions like this (whether through ignorance as he's claiming, or via lack of inhibitions as you're suggesting), it all but forces him to undermine some of his own talking points in order to provide a defense.

When half of his talking points are centered around ideas like "having his finger on the pulse and knowing what's happening in the culture", and bragging about "nobody knows more about politics than me", "nobody knows more about history than me", etc... having to defend yourself by saying "well, I didn't know who that was" (when referring to people like David Duke and Nick Fuentes) shoots his "I know more about XYZ than anyone" talking points out of the water.

The "Self-proclaimed expert pleading ignorance" routine would (and should) be off-putting to most people, but I suspect it won't impact any of his loyal followers, but you never know, maybe they'll pleasantly surprise me.
Hmmm...makes you wonder why Obama and Michael spent 20 years hanging out at "Rev" Wright's church where he preached bigotry, racism and massive antisemitism and never got backlash like Trump?????

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm...makes you wonder why Obama and Michael spent 20 years hanging out at "Rev" Wright's church where he preached bigotry, racism and massive antisemitism and never got backlash like Trump?????
He did get backlash from his political detractors, much like Trump is getting for this.

The reason you know who Rev. Wright is, is because the right-leaning media outlets made everyone aware of who he was and that Obama hung out with him.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
He did get backlash from his political detractors, much like Trump is getting for this.

The reason you know who Rev. Wright is, is because the right-leaning media outlets made everyone aware of who he was and that Obama hung out with him.

Could be. I think they are all pieces of dookie...I just saw West pooping out of his mouth as well as this Fuentes idiot talking about cookies baking in ovens...6 million of them. Unbelievable...

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Could be. I think they are all pieces of dookie...I just saw West pooping out of his mouth as well as this Fuentes idiot talking about cookies baking in ovens...6 million of them. Unbelievable...
Believe he’s an anti semite now?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Believe he’s an anti semite now?

I never said he wasn't. I said I thought it was weird that a hispanic Catholic would be a white supremacist...

• Agree
Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Yeah. And people think that Rosenberg is a Jewish name. Fuentes means fountain and originated in Castile.

Rosenberg can be a Jewish name...just as Fuentes can be too

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Trump's getting a minder to hopefully prevent him from ever accidentally dining with white supremacists again. I coulda used a minder like that to prevent Thanksgiving at my uncle's.

In an acknowledgment of the severity of the backlash and an effort to prevent a repeat, Trump’s campaign is putting new protocols in place to ensure that those who meet with him are approved and fully vetted, according to people familiar with the plans who requested anonymity to share internal strategy.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I never said he wasn't. I said I thought it was weird that a hispanic Catholic would be a white supremacist...
Actually, it's not just weird, it seems technically impossible - white supremacists hate Catholicism. It is not making sense IMHO.

Upvote 0