Virginia
✟151,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I ever found myself having to write a post which tried to split hairs about which types of white supremacists were the OK ones, I'd pause a bit to reconsider how I got there.

I saw a guy on Breitbart the other day split this very same hair down to the size of an atom. I told him as much and asked him if he was going to split that as well. Surprisingly he didn't reply lol. I'm sure he would have replied had we not had a couple years of repartee shared together.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
ANYONE can think they and/or their race or racial group is superior. There are black nationalists, etc. However, a latino or hispanic would not be welcome in the neo-nazis or KKK I would think, no?? That is just not a demographic they would fit in very well and/or accepted as I would think...

Fuentes has his own "neo-Nazi"/white supremacist group (a sort of young "clean-cut" group). The Klan would no doubt reject him as they are also anti-Catholic as they woud have rejected my very white, very Catholic fore bearers.

Your inability to map 'whiteness' onto the white Hispanic Fuentes in no way makes him not a white supremacist.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again, they are HISPANIC...they are NOT normally within the white supremacist demographic...
Demographic surveys here commonly ask one question about race and another about Hispanic identification.

When I was young, I was surprise to find out that in Apartheid South Africa, Chinese people were considered colored while Japanese one were considered white. Which is to say, don't assume how someone else sees themselves and their ancestry. Not just Argentinians, but Cubans and Colombians often have a sense of supremacy as compared to their neighbors (not to mention the indigenous folk).

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is what Argentina did significantly different from what we and other western nations did?
No, not at all. We have white supremacists same as they do.

I know it gets portrayed as the US and other allies grabbing up former nazi scientists as they fled....while Argentina sort of just had a safe haven for nazis that either they or nazis had been created prior to the fall of Germany but frankly, that sounds very one sided....
You are the one narrating this so you can make it as one sided as you please in order to criticize how one sided this narrative is. :oldthumbsup:
Like the sort of historical story that you should inherently question.
Um, I wasn't thinking of the historical story but of actual Argentinians I have met who were quite proud of their whiteness; thank goodness you are here to set me straight about what I really think.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I had already read that he was Mexican. There are also a surprising (to me) number of Mormons in Mexico. Germans settled in Texas and Mexico during their mass migration. Not that this has anything to do with Fuentes.

Does no one have a problem with Trump's dinner with his other guest, Ye? That seems as problematic if Ye weren't previously out as a Trump lover.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
  • Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Your inability to map 'whiteness' onto the white Hispanic Fuentes in no way makes him not a white supremacist.

There was no inability...it just seems really weird to me...

Upvote 0

Don't Panic

Nov 25, 2022
Newfield
✟2,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Well maybe you might learn from this "weirdness" that making significant assumptions about anyone from their surname is not a good idea and only becomes less so as time goes on. Googling my surname does not turn up a Caucasian in the first two pages, even images and yet I am not Black in fact most of my family is very light with red hair. Family was subject to religious persecution in England and dispersed to Ireland and the Netherlands. My side from Ireland to New England. Some of the Dutch to the Carolinas.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
David Duke was a lot more famous in 2016 than Nick Fuentes is in 2022, though. The Kanye story makes sense, but Kanye seems to be less in touch with reality than before.
Truth be told, when my own brother asks if he can bring people over, if I don't know them, the first thing I do is hit up Facebook before I give a "yes/no"

If I were running for some sort of office, I'd be on extra high alert.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Again, your confusion is likely beause you've never hung around minorities.
I can only go off what you decide to write.

See, what happens is, invariably, you end up coming across some racist old white idiot (as has been my experience with my friends) who feels the need to say something like what I had mentioned bewrote.
Sure, I bet most of your nights out with your Mexican friends involve cartoonish levels of 80s style movie racism. I bet you stand right in between the racist and your latino friends....protecting them from the harmful words.

Are you having trouble wrapping your head around racist white people?
Oh no....I've seen more racist white people than I knew existed.

It just doesn't typically happen like your story.

When crosses an absurd line, it is easier to laugh at. Interesting that you called THAT racist but not what mexican and central american are experiencing racist.
I don't pretend to know what they're experiencing.

Wow! No reason to believe this has anything to do with illegal immigration but why not imply that it does!
Well I was hoping to keep the example simple for you....apparently though, you'd rather get into a longer discussion about it.

Do you know what kind of visas have the most overstay?

I'm saying their could be....just that I rarely see them come into play.
Well let's start with student visas then...

Do you suppose that there's a significant overlap between the rising cost of a college degree and the fact that colleges can squeeze more out of the foreign wealthy than the domestic wealthy?

they're bringing their rapists and drug dealers...and some are nice.
they're forcing big companies to illegally employ them and use them as chattel or slave labour
Yeah about that....

I had made a thread about illegal child labor recently.

Apparently, a whistleblower has come forth accusing Biden of overwhelming the immigration system and sending children to poorly or unvetted sponsors. Thousands a week he believes, and he should know, he's contracted by the government to move them around the nation.

You'll note that at NO point have I argued that people apprehended at the border should be let in.

What do you think happens once they get apprehended?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No, not at all. We have white supremacists same as they do.
Uh huh....

You are the one narrating this so you can make it as one sided as you please in order to criticize how one sided this narrative is. :oldthumbsup:
Uhhh.....OK.

Um, I wasn't thinking of the historical story but of actual Argentinians I have met who were quite proud of their whiteness; thank goodness you are here to set me straight about what I really think.
I see what happened here.

You've got no clue what I'm talking about. You just met some pale Argentinians who were proud of being white, and you thought "that's weird"....and went on your way.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,515.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Truth be told, when my own brother asks if he can bring people over, if I don't know them, the first thing I do is hit up Facebook before I give a "yes/no"

HOnestly, even if it was just Kanye it would have been bad any way considering his recent statements. Also there is no way that the Secret Service agreed to let somebody come along without knowing their name, so yeah he should have checked.

Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Does no one have a problem with Trump's dinner with his other guest, Ye? That seems as problematic if Ye weren't previously out as a Trump lover.
Trump and Ye go back, so that doesn't surprise me.

My family operates a little differently. Through that I have met some interesting people. Then again, none of us run for office.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
  • Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
One thing I don't get.
Trump's base got all excited about USA moving their embassy to Jerusalem and USA recognising Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

So it would seem that Trump and his base are pro Israel??

But now you have Trump meeting and having dinner at his place with at least two Jew haters, Ye and Fuentes and Trump saying only nice things about Fuentes.

So is Trump and is his base pro Israel or Jewish haters?

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,515.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
One thing I don't get.
Trump's base got all excited about USA moving their embassy to Jerusalem and USA recognising Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

So it would seem that Trump and his base are pro Israel??

But now you have Trump meeting and having dinner at his place with at least two Jew haters, Ye and Fuentes and Trump saying only nice things about Fuentes.

So is Trump and is his base pro Israel or Jewish haters?
It's possible to be both. Many Christian ZIonists are zionists because they believe the State of Israel, and eventually the recreation of the Temple, are needed to usher in Jesus, but don't really care about Jews besides that.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Uh huh....

Uhhh.....OK.

I see what happened here.

You've got no clue what I'm talking about. You just met some pale Argentinians who were proud of being white, and you thought "that's weird"....and went on your way.
Whoosh

Upvote 0